Author Topic: Tournaments  (Read 2139 times)

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
Re: Tournaments
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2018, 08:50:44 PM »
Anyway, I'm interested in running a Nuzlocke Challenge - basically Pokémon Nuzlocke where people get points based on how well they play they game. I've jotted down a starting ruleset for it, should I PM it? If so, to whom?

PM it to either me or Turb and we can give it a look over, but we'll need a finalized one with projected token counts before it gets officially posted.  There's plenty of time for that, anyways.

Nabber

• Mushroom Attendant
  • nabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2018, 09:01:09 PM »
could i draw up a draft for a chess tournament interest post

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2018, 09:01:30 PM »
absolutely

Yoshi the SSM

• (Space Station Manager)
  • King Bowser
  • I'm Yoshi the Space Station Manager from the wiki.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2018, 10:29:09 PM »
The requirements for hosting a tournament is just basically proving that you will be able to run it, and giving us your initial post explaining all of the rules and plans in advance so we can check to see if it's a valid tournament that is balanced and fair.  I suggest checking over the rules of other tournaments, and figuring out how much of a time and work commitment they are before diving into one.  I've seen more tournaments than I care for have their host just stop doing anything with it mid-tourney and I remember every single one in grand detail, and never want to see another happen again--it hurts your prospect for hosting another.
Sounds easy enough. I can easy can do it, though may be a bit harder if I have work, but even then it would be possible. I will keep it similar to last year's tournament. May be a bit difficult to get how I think to as of this moment, but I should completely do it by this Summer.
I don't have time to give you a ride, I am managing a space station. And ask me something here:www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=38633.msg1934343#msg1934343

Hooded Pitohui

• "Warning: Long"
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Cheep-Cheep
  • Dreaming of Electric Sheep?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2018, 06:54:32 PM »
Just to put this out here in case anyone is interested in joining, Raregold and I are working on putting a Pokémon  Gen VII tourney together. We hope to have everything put together to send to Anton and Turb in the next week or so. That said, look out for a tourney thread coming up in a few weeks.

Yoshi the SSM

• King Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2018, 11:42:18 PM »
The 2018 Mario Kart 7 Tournament has started! Please be sure to sign up if you want to participate. I waited for another tournament so that it wasn't the only tournament out there.
I don't have time to give you a ride, I am managing a space station. And ask me something here:www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=38633.msg1934343#msg1934343

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2018, 12:14:24 AM »
The 2018 Mario Kart 7 Tournament has started! Please be sure to sign up if you want to participate. I waited for another tournament so that it wasn't the only tournament out there.

Hey, you should've sent this to us to review first so we could work out some things like scheduling and making sure you understand how tokens work.  What time do you plan on starting this tournament, and how long do you think it will run for?  If you have any questions or concerns about running this tournament, tokens, or anything else, please let me or turb know asap!

Yoshi the SSM

• King Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2018, 08:59:25 AM »

Hey, you should've sent this to us to review first so we could work out some things like scheduling and making sure you understand how tokens work.  What time do you plan on starting this tournament, and how long do you think it will run for?  If you have any questions or concerns about running this tournament, tokens, or anything else, please let me or turb know asap!

Sorry. But, I told you I was basing it off of last years. I also understand how Tokens work. I am also going to base it off of last year's. And I know how scheduling works. Anyways, it will be in June. But it will be probably towards the second half of June. But even if I did earlier, the end date in July.

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2018, 01:13:06 PM »
What you said was "I will keep it similar to last year's tournament", while I said "giving us your initial post explaining all of the rules and plans in advance so we can check to see if it's a valid tournament that is balanced and fair".  You never gave me anything more, and copy/pasting last year's tournament post doesn't tell me you understand what you're doing.  I'm glad you know how tokens work but you're going to need to pick some solid dates instead of vague and then post it in your tournament thread because different people may be able to participate during different dates and not others.  If you need any help with anything, or have any questions, please don't hesitate to send me a PM.

Stargazing

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2018, 08:55:25 PM »
if i'm making a topic to poll interest for a tournament, can i post it or does it need to be run by you two first?

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2018, 09:15:55 PM »
you can probably just post it, but if you want to be safe I can give it a quick check

Stargazing

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2018, 12:30:32 PM »
I'm gauging interest for another Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth tournament! I'd really appreciate it if everyone who's interested read it and voted in the poll so I can make this enjoyable for everyone.

I know I've mentioned that I would be unavailable for most of the summer, but I recently got my schedule and realized the organizers made it extremely unclear that June and most of August would be completely fine. I have high hopes for whoever took the Mario Kart 7 tournament this year in my stead, and I hope I can focus all my efforts on making this just-as-smooth as my previous tournaments were. minus the first one

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2018, 09:29:38 PM »
Updated the OP with a schedule of things, check it out!

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2018, 09:40:36 PM »
Also guys, while you're checking out the polls, keep an eye on tournaments that are coming up!

Lakituthequick

• with lowercase T and Q
  • Awards Committee
  • Celestial Guide
  • Rest in Peace, Walkazo 😢
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2018, 05:57:48 PM »
"Hey LTQ, when's that scavenger hunt?"

Yeah, small update on that. It is happening, but it needs a little more time.
Y'see, it features an art style that is fairly time consuming to realise, which means that completing it all takes a bit of time. If you consider that there is more than the 50 items last year's edition had (75 in fact), there is a fair share of work.
Also considering I'll be abroad for eleven days starting this Sunday, just waiting a little longer to set it off is better for both the quality of the game and for my health.

Expected launch thus is either late in this month, or early next. This means that there is more cards to collect in less time, but we've seen last year that someone collected nearly all of them in one day, so no problems there!

Nabber

• Mushroom Attendant
  • nabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2018, 12:23:28 PM »
but we've seen last year that someone collected nearly all of them in one day, so no problems there!
wait, who was that?

Lakituthequick

• with lowercase T and Q
  • Awards Committee
  • Celestial Guide
  • Rest in Peace, Walkazo 😢
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2018, 12:53:19 PM »
but we've seen last year that someone collected nearly all of them in one day, so no problems there!
wait, who was that?
Freakworld.