Author Topic: Suggestion Box  (Read 1613 times)

Turboo

• Wiki Administrator
  • Shine Sprite
    • View Profile
Suggestion Box
« on: February 06, 2018, 12:08:30 AM »
Here's where to suggest any ideas for awards, nominees, tournaments, etc. Basically if you have an idea and it has anything to do with the awards ceremony or related processes, feel free to post it and we'll have a look at it and consider it and all that good stuff :bowser:

Yoshi the SSM

• (Space Station Manager)
  • King Bowser
  • I'm Yoshi the Space Station Manager from the wiki.
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion Box
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 09:53:35 AM »
I have an idea for a game. It is chess. It can be fined tuned if needed, but here is the general idea. Two people on a thread play chess. Both must have a standard chess set. Neither should use a computer playing chess to make their moves. The host of the game makes sure that it is played correctly. An unbiased judge to handle this and keep it a proper chess game. This game utilizes the fact that it is against the rules to post twice.
I don't have time to give you a ride, I am managing a space station. And ask me something here:www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=38633.msg1934343#msg1934343

The Pyro Guy

• Poll Committee Chairperson
  • Poll Committee
  • King Bowser
  • "no"
    • View Profile
    • watch my terrible videos
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 11:05:21 AM »
Reposting a suggestion from last year; I think it'd good to link to the Community Awards dossier on the main page alongside the regular Awards polls, like so

This would probably attract a larger base of voters other than active community-goers/'Shroom readers, but I can see how that could have drawbacks as well as benefits so idk

Doof

• I believe the morning sun, always gonna shine again
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • DragonFreak
  • Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 12:22:30 PM »
I have an idea for a game. It is chess. It can be fined tuned if needed, but here is the general idea. Two people on a thread play chess. Both must have a standard chess set. Neither should use a computer playing chess to make their moves. The host of the game makes sure that it is played correctly. An unbiased judge to handle this and keep it a proper chess game. This game utilizes the fact that it is against the rules to post twice.
I've actually opened suggestions of having a chess tournament one year, but dropped it due to low interest.

Nabber

• Mushroom Attendant
  • nabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 03:09:39 PM »
yeah i was going to suggest a chess tournament too lol

if we did we could just use a site like chess.com or lichess though

Rintarou Okabe

• his smile and optimism = gone
  • Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 03:39:14 PM »
epicmafia chess or out

Honoka's #5 Fan

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Celestial Guide
  • Raven Effect
  • That's what I call hamburgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 05:06:20 PM »
Who am I *bleep*ing up at chess

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 08:22:41 PM »
Reposting a suggestion from last year; I think it'd good to link to the Community Awards dossier on the main page alongside the regular Awards polls, like so

This would probably attract a larger base of voters other than active community-goers/'Shroom readers, but I can see how that could have drawbacks as well as benefits so idk

The issue with that in the past has been people who access the main page weren't exactly the audience informed enough to give decent votes, and as such those respective polls were wildly inaccurate and biased.  The way it's linked to in the example you gave feels like it could be fine, combined with the fact that Community Awards is now a thing and is a bit of a shift in focus, so this is definitely a thing to look into.

Ray Trace

• Yeah, hahaha, a little bit more hand sanitizer and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 сырная бл🧀🧀🧀 Тарелка!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 02:57:00 AM »
Could we use more a creative name for the "Fail Awards"? Like, in a similar manner that bad movies getting mockawards called Golden Razzies. I feel that "Fail Awards" is a bit uncreative and doesn't nicely roll it off the tongue. I know we've used it for quite some time but, hey, change I guess.

We could even design a nice graphic around a particular design of the trophy award to decorate the OP of the thread. I think that would make it more hilarious.

Just throwing suggestions out there, but we could give a Mario-theme to it, or maybe a hilariously bad wiki in-joke like Pirate Goomba or some entry off BJAODN or some of the badly translated Japanese bios (think Welcome with Bibbangs and Black Dude).
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

BBQ Turtle

• Princess L of the Shy Guys
  • Wiki Patroller
  • Luma
  • Crazy sponsors lady.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 11:34:12 AM »
We could even design a nice graphic around a particular design of the trophy award to decorate the OP of the thread. I think that would make it more hilarious.
If a trophy for fail awards is being designed, it should definitely be made from Pink Gold.

PowerKamek

• PowerKamek
  • King Bowser
  • Rest In Peace, Walkazo
    • View Profile
    • PowerKamek
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 12:52:47 PM »
We should do a Mario Kart 8/Deluxe Tourmament again this year!

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 01:45:48 PM »
If a trophy for fail awards is being designed, it should definitely be made from Pink Gold.

:pgp: is our icon and mascot and we love her

Ray Trace

• Yeah, hahaha, a little bit more hand sanitizer and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 сырная бл🧀🧀🧀 Тарелка!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2018, 07:46:34 PM »
Rename the Mario Awards the Pink Gold Peach awards while we're at it.
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Roserade

• President of the Literature Club
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • King Bowser
  • "Write your way into his heart..."
    • View Profile
    • Rose Garden Forums
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2018, 10:53:11 PM »
Starlow Awards when

BBQ Turtle

• Princess L of the Shy Guys
  • Wiki Patroller
  • Luma
  • Crazy sponsors lady.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2018, 05:17:45 PM »
Shouldn't "Ignorance is Bliss" from White Knuckle Scorin' be added to M10 Favourite Song?

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2018, 06:04:02 PM »
I can definitely bring it up in the meeting, and at the very least it can always be written in

The Pyro Guy

• Poll Committee Chairperson
  • Poll Committee
  • King Bowser
  • "no"
    • View Profile
    • watch my terrible videos
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2018, 07:28:50 AM »

Was there any internal discussion/outcome on this?

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2018, 04:24:05 PM »

Was there any internal discussion/outcome on this?

Yeah; we agreed it would be unnecessary to do.  The Community Awards dossier is already displayed in The 'Shroom (of course), the Anniversary page, on the forum in several boards of varying interest, and in chat (irc and discord).  A link directly on the Main Page specifically targets people who are assumed to otherwise be unaware of, or not interested in, those other parts of our community listed, and subsequently aren't the exact kind of informed votes we would want to draw in.