Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3905 times)

YoshiFlutterJump

• The Flying Yoshi
  • Shine Sprite
    • View Profile
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2018, 12:10:17 AM »
Please add Jojora to the worst character poll.  I beg of you!

Camwoodstock

• ~the lost soul of tong-nou~
  • Blooper
  • the lamest fartwad you'll ever darn meet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2018, 06:40:32 AM »
You can write in your own answers, actually.
~Camwoodstock - the poor sod you'll summon if you bought the dried shroom AFTER the dusty hammer
pfq | button | more to come

YoshiFlutterJump

• The Flying Yoshi
  • Shine Sprite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2018, 10:55:31 AM »
Really, that was a joke...that I made a month ago.

Camwoodstock

• ~the lost soul of tong-nou~
  • Blooper
  • the lamest fartwad you'll ever darn meet
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2018, 03:56:00 AM »
I was stuck unable to be on the forums for a week for reasons I'd rather not say, so, uh, excuse my idiocy and inability to see post dates.
~Camwoodstock - the poor sod you'll summon if you bought the dried shroom AFTER the dusty hammer
pfq | button | more to come

YoshiFlutterJump

• The Flying Yoshi
  • Shine Sprite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2018, 08:03:27 AM »
I was stuck unable to be on the forums for a week for reasons I'd rather not say, so, uh, excuse my idiocy and inability to see post dates.
Itís okay, I think I may have made a similar mistake once.

The Pyro Guy

• Poll Committee Chairperson
  • Poll Committee
  • King Bowser
  • "no"
    • View Profile
    • watch my terrible videos
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2018, 04:16:33 PM »
I noticed that I'm still listed as the writer for Picross in C2. Could we have that changed to Camwood? He's been writing it for long enough to be considered to have taken over my spot.

edit: turns out I wrote S2 instead of C2. changed that now, sorry if i caused any misunderstanding
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 01:07:31 PM by Doctor Strange »

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2018, 02:29:33 PM »
Changed it ✓

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2018, 09:12:53 PM »
Polls are open! Check them out on the Main or Anniversary page and be sure to also check out the Community Awards!

You may vote once each week up until July 17th, so be sure to come back and place another when you can!  You can focus all of your votes onto something you really like, or spread them around on stuff you were undecided should get a vote.

Presentation spots will open July 1st.

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2018, 09:47:28 PM »
Hey guys, it's been a week since the polls went up.  Depending on when you last voted you should now be able to vote again!  Don't worry, it's not cheating, the polls have always allowed this!  You can use these extra opportunities to vote even more for something you want to win, or to spread love around to a few that you couldn't decide between.

GalacticPetey

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2018, 09:34:15 AM »
Sad to say I can't participate in any tournaments this year. Pokemon and MK7 got cancelled and I don't have a Switch. Oh well. Hopefully I'll be around for the ceremonies.

That being said, the other day the polls were glitchy for me and some wouldn't load at all.

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2018, 02:33:13 PM »
They all seem to load fine for me currently.  If it happens again, please screencap it or something, since sometimes they like to close themselves.

And yeah, the crushing advancement of time has dealt a blow to some tournaments that have done well here in the past, but even without a Switch there's Ltq's Scavenger Hunt coming up, as well as the Art Contest, Alex95's Mario Kart 64 thing, Awards Killing Game, and of course tokens that come from doing Shroom stuff and Presentations which open for sign-ups July 1st!

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2018, 03:42:29 PM »

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2018, 06:11:03 PM »
Got a whole bunch of spots left to fill for presentations!  Keep in mind that you are awarded tokens for doing them!

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2018, 01:24:19 PM »

vote !

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2018, 02:41:53 PM »

Polls are closed for this year!  While it's not a record number, it's still a nice amount, so thank you to everyone who took the time to vote!!

For everyone signed up to do a presentation, you will have your results within the next few days as we work on tallying the write-ins as swiftly as possible while retaining any workable sanity.  There are also currently 15 more presentations spots to fill.  We do have back-up presenters who can fill them, but it would certainly help to lower that number some more.  We'd love to see what you'd do! :bowser:

The results of these polls will be made public August 17th during our Awards Ceremony!  In the meantime there are still tournaments going on, and still quite a few more that are debuting as summer steams ahead.  The prize list will be posted closer to Ceremony time, but please feel welcome to continue donating to it!  Gift cards are a hot item, and Humble Bundle has games that you can share download codes for, so there are plenty of options for any level of affordability and prestige you'd like.

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2018, 04:57:33 PM »
Heya all you presentation presenters out there, the official results will be sent out in roughly 24 hours; we're just taking some extra time to make sure everything is properly formatted, spelled, punctuated, and actually exists, so we don't have to deal with these mistakes sporadically throughout the next month.

If you would like to kickstart your work on your presentations please send me a PM and I can lob at you an unofficial list of the top 3-5 in the award(s) you're presenting.

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2018, 02:35:43 AM »
I would just like to personally thank each and every person who took the time to format their write-in votes with correct syntax, including capitalization, punctuation, spacing, and mirroring the format of official nominees within the same award.  You are heroes and your efforts will not be overlooked, taken in vain, or forgotten.  While we are neck deep in "IDK"s, nominees that list 4 options in the same write-in, and entries that can be easily confused with a cat walking across your keyboard, knowing that brave warriors and champions of order and structure are on our side cheering us on back home makes every moment worth it.

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2018, 09:12:04 AM »
inb4 another "Best of write-ins" thread.

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2018, 08:14:13 PM »
Everyone who has signed up for a presentation at this time should now have received the results in PM by now.  If you have not, or there was a mistake, or have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask or send us a message!  There are also still some more that are unclaimed!

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2018, 01:08:35 AM »
Midway checkpoint reminders for presentations have been sent out.  If you are doing a presentation be sure to reply to them before August 3rd!!!