NIWA Spotlight

Alex95

The True Power Master
Banned User
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Alex95
Current NIWA Spotlight in The 'Shroom (The_'Shroom:Issue_148/Pipe_Plaza#NIWA_Spotlight)!

Every NIWA Spotlight topic!

Chances are, you don't have only Mario games. I myself have over 300 games, ranging from Mario to Zelda to Pokemon to Metroid to Fire Emblem. I decided to help out with other NIWA sites due to this plethora of information, ultimately becoming an administrator of the F-Zero and Kid Icarus Wikis.

But despite that, I can't do everything, so I'm here to summon help from those that can provide it! And you can do the same! Sure, you can post in the relative NIWA's forums or chat service, but not everyone you know could be on there. Basically, this is a thread for you to request help from the users of the Mario Wiki for another NIWA wiki, similar to our own 'Shroom Spotlight (hence the title). For the Mario Wiki related stuff, check out the 'Shroom Spotlight topic!

I'm taking this opportunity to say that Nintendo Wiki needs work. Basically, many of its articles are either stubs or not created at all. There's only one user who consistently edits there afaik, and that's Toa 95. Many of the articles on Mario games are stubs, so even if you only know the Mario series, you can still help. I feel like it would be dead if it weren't for Toa 95, so it could really use some more editors. (Also shoutouts to Toa for continuing to edit it when barely anyone else is.)

The NIWA Spotlight is now a part of The 'Shroom (The_'Shroom:Issue_131/Pipe_Plaza#NIWA_Spotlight)! Keeping requests to this thread rather than my collective projects one so it's easier to keep track of them (assuming there are any). The Advance Wars wiki was unlocked literally yesterday, so it's not part of this list, but it will be starting with next month's.

YFJ said:
Can Mario Golf World Tour be a wanted article focus for Nintendo Wiki next month? I may write it before then, but writing articles isn’t really my thing.

Yeah, I can add it to next month's Wanted Article section. Will also add it in the OP here.

I keep forgetting this thread exists hhhhhhh

Good news: The CAPTCHA problem on the F-Zero Wiki has been fixed by getting rid of it completely (a few days ago)! You are now free to create an account of your own without having to go through an admin! Other minor problems will likely be fixed soon.

Bad news: The Donkey Kong Wiki will be shut down once all content on it is merged with the Super Mario Wiki's. While you're still free to edit there, you should probably edit the relevant page on the SMW instead. The Donkey Kong Wiki will be removed from the NIWA Spotlight list as of next issue.

The Donkey Kong Wiki has been removed, as specified. Any additions that can be made to the Donkey Kong Wiki, please add them to the Super Mario Wiki where possible instead! The Nintendo Wiki is currently down due to a server issue, which is being worked on.

Last month, nothing got done, which isn't good. I uploaded an image for Icaruspedia, but that wasn't what was listed, so... I get we're mainly here for the Mario information, but even if one thing gets done on this month's list (The_'Shroom:Issue_135/Pipe_Plaza#NIWA_Spotlight), that would be fabulous!

New NIWA Spotlight is up! There hasn't been much done lately these past couple of months. If you're able to, please try and get at least one thing done on the list!

The Nintendo Wiki was down during the writing of the section, and it currently still is. As such, it has been omitted from this month's list, and it will be brought back once the site is back up.

New NIWA Spotlight (The_'Shroom:Issue_137/Pipe_Plaza#NIWA_Spotlight) is up! StrategyWiki, SmashWiki, and ZeldaWiki all got some improvements within the last month. Not a lot was done, but better than last month!

I realize a whole list of wikis can be daunting to look at, so perhaps I should start posting a simplified list here, one subject in each category similar to the 'Shroom Spotlight:

• Wanted Article: Only one Wanted Article listed for this month: Enrich Flavor from EarthBound.
  • Stub Article: Dragon Quest Monsters isn't that popular of a series, but cyber slime is incredibly bland.
  • Rewrite: The strategy for defeating Emperor Bulblax in the first Pikmin is very jumbled and needs work.
  • More Images: Every hero has a heart, and apparently Kirby's Hero's Heart is shaped like a star?
  • Image Quality: This is an image from New Super Mario Bros.... I think.
  • Citation Needed: Does Franklin appear in Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival? He doesn't have an amiibo, so perhaps he's a background character.

Also, thanks to Yoshi876 for saying something about NIWA Spotlight in the recent Shroom Spotlights! That should help a lot :)

NIWA Spotlight - Cross-Wiki Weekend!

Cross-Wiki Weekend is here! Over the weekend, you can help out wikis you don't normally edit or wikis you haven't edited before for a chance to win a $20 Nintendo eShop gift card! Wow!

If you need some ideas, new NIWA Spotlight's got you covered (The_'Shroom:Issue_138/Pipe_Plaza#NIWA_Spotlight) as well as previous NIWA Spotlights! Create an article, fix some bad writing, or upload a few images!

New NIWA Spotlight (The_'Shroom:Issue_139/Pipe_Plaza#NIWA_Spotlight)! We got some updates here:

*As previously mentioned, the Nintendo Wiki has returned to life! It came back up after I had already sent the section in, so it will return to the list in the next issue.
*MetroidWiki is having some issues, and LylatWiki's undergoing some changes. But both can still be edited.
*Disaster Flare, an admin on SmashWiki, has been promoted to Editor-of-Chief for LylatWiki!

Some specific things I want to see done on this list:
*There's a lot of pages missing on ZeldaWiki regarding Breath of the Wild, especially when it comes to weapons and items. A Lynel Shield, may not be an easy shield to get, but its relative items already have a page.
*Boomer is one of the few enemies still unique to the first Kirby game. He's only in the Extra Mode, so details are scarce.
*There are absolutely no screenshots of Lord of the Underworld on the page. If anyone has some 3DS capture software, I'd appreciate the help.

I'll request that Warp Star on WiKirby be expanded. I marked it as a stub today because it was missing quite a few game appearances, as well as its appearance in the Kirby anime. I'll quote my edit summary:
[quote author=my edit summary]
Marking as stub; this article is missing several game appearances such as Adventure and Super Star, as well as its appearance in the anime.
[/quote]

New NIWA Spotlight (The_'Shroom:Issue_140/Pipe_Plaza#NIWA_Spotlight)!

*Fire Emblem's Bath (or Barth) remained loyal to Lycia during Bern's attack, but is he originally from Lycia?
*Lip's page on SmashWiki was rewritten before the issue went up (yesterday at the time of this writing :/), but could still use some work.
*Warp Star on WiKirby was suggested by YoshiFlutterJump to be expanded upon, specifically about its missing game appearances and role in the anime.

Alex95 said:
Yeah, Trophies should be uploaded, too. Super Star image should probably be on the left, as it doesn't align well with the infobox.

EDIT: Response to deleted comment, I guess :P
Yeah, deleted the comment when I saw the trophies uploaded on the Warp Star article. Anyways, the Star Rod trophies are uploaded now, and I think the article has all necessary images now!

Had a pretty successful month for NIWA Spotlight! A few red links on F-Zero Wiki has been made, Garet's artwork was replaced with the better PNG version from Smash Ultimate, Star Rod got additional images, and Metroid Wiki now has a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate page! Hyrule: Temple's kind of in limbo at the moment, but it should be taken care of soon.

Now for this month's NIWA Spotlight (The_'Shroom:Issue_142/Pipe_Plaza#NIWA_Spotlight)!

*Stone Pumphog has an image on Pikipedia, but no page to go with it.
*The Sightseer Trainer class needs more information on its debut game, Pokemon Battle Revolution.
*Music (SSBM) has some writing and citation issues.
*Dungeon Man has a sprite, but could also use an in-game screenshot.
*Dark Link has a blurry image for its infobox page. That's not good.
*What is the Legendary Power Suit?

Issue 143 NIWA Spotlight is up (The_'Shroom:Issue_143/Pipe_Plaza#NIWA_Spotlight)!

*The Wii Shop Channel may have closed, but Nintendo Wiki still needs an article on what WiiWare is.
*Animal Crossing's Chuck appears in many games, but his Nookipedia article only covers a select few.
*WikiBound needs an image of Monkey Cave. Trust me, this is important.
*Pikmin's Careening Dirigibug has some glitches associated with it, but they could use some more research.

Do think you could add ChuChu to next month's section? Her page is missing the combinations section that the five other Animal Friends have. I can't do it since I don't own Dream Land 3

NIWA Spotlight won Section of the Month for February, woo! Thanks to the people who worked on last month's suggestions, and the new month's is out now (The_'Shroom:Issue_144/Pipe_Plaza#NIWA_Spotlight)!
KA467 created the Tidal Rush page on Inkipedia (specifically mentioning NIWA Spotlight in the edit summary, so ^^^^^^), Fubaka expanded the UFO page on WiKirby, Results May Vary added an image to Dinosaur Horn on Lylat Wiki, and Anthony1996 improved the Boxing Ring image on Smash Wiki!

*Tetris 99 sounds like an absolute blast! Would love to see more info on it.
*The prologue article on Strategy Wiki's LEGO The Lord of the Rings is this large wall of text that is a pain to read.
*The Charge Beam is a reoccurring weapon in the Metroid series, we could use as many images of it as possible.
*If anyone has the 3D Classics version of Kid Icarus, the Reaper and Reapette page needs a verification on their invulnerability.

I believe it's more personalized to ask about Mario-related information to be added, so here's the article about Mario himself on WiKirby, seeking out a re-write and update regarding his general descriptions and expansion of information on crossover appearances.

Hey, a new NIWA Spotlight (The_'Shroom:Issue_145/Pipe_Plaza#NIWA_Spotlight)! We got a few things done, and that's great! Superjustinbros and ERROR worked on bringing Tetris 99 up to speed, Fubaka gave ChuChu her much needed list of appearances and moves, GloverMist made the Known Occurrences more known with images, and I replaced Hino's model so he has legs.

Also announcing a complete list of everything NIWA Spotlight has covered! It's amazing to see how much has been done so far, though there is still plenty to do.

Back