Wiki quote formatting question (solved)

Paper Mario

SPM Trash
Forum Moderator
Pronouns
She/They
MarioWiki
Fawfulthegreat64
I'm updating my userpage on MarioWiki and the quote formatting is bugging me. I don't want "User:" to appear next to my name after the quote (I already have the page set to omit that part in the header) yet anything else generates a redlink. I try to make it a fake link but that screws up other parts of the formatting (and in honesty I just would rather have no links at all)

For example I'm getting stuff like this-

—[[Fawfulthegreat64|Fawfulthegreat64]], [[Super Mario Boards]]

Here's the formatting I'm trying to use, and I've tried several variations:
Code:
{{quote|I'd love to see Toads cannibalizing each other.|{{fake link|Fawfulthegreat64}}|[https://www.marioboards.com/ Super Mario Boards]}}

Can someone tell me where I'm doing something wrong?

Edit: nevermind, that's what {{LLquote}} is for

Re: Wiki quote formatting question

the correct formatting should be [[User:Fawfulthegreat64|Fawfulthegreat64]]

for future ref, if you want to link somewhere on the wiki but have the link text be different, its always [[full article name|link text]]. for example, if i wanted to link to the bowser article, but wanted the text to read "lord bowser", id need to type [[Bowser|Lord Bowser]]. the full article name must include any prefixes, such as user: or user talk:

i hope that answers your question

Re: Wiki quote formatting question

Actually I got a conflict when editing this thread since I figured out the issue :P

I'm aware of that (I use it sometimes) but it didn't work the same in the {{quote}} template. I figured out after posting this thread that I could use the {{LLquote}} template instead to avoid this issue though, so once again I demonstrate asking for help moments before figuring it out like and feeling like a moron. Thanks for your help though :)

Back