Issue 130

Meta Knight

Accepting applications for The 'Shroom
Core 'Shroom Staff
Issue 130 is out! Once again, I'd like to welcome The Pyro Guy, LudwigVon, and Lakituthequick to the Core 'Shroom Staff, and I wish another great year with all of you!

Time for my obligatory post about my own section! This time it's more of a scrapbook of mini-thoughts.

• For those wondering, yes, they got the cavities filled. I even got to say the dumbest meme thing before they properly put me under--"I'M GOING GHOST!!". It was so worth it.
  • I'm actually REALLY proud of how the second puzzle turned out. I dunno why, I just do.
  • Lord Bowser, don't think I didn't see your caption for my section. I must ask... why didn't you make a pun on 2:30 and tooth-hurty with the new year and dentistry?
  • Would the people at Caravel Forums count my mentions of DROD in this issue and the last one count as a "press clipping" that they can keep archived? I know those guys collect all mentions of DROD in press articles and the like, so I wonder if not only a fan-based news article like The 'Shroom would count, but one written by a direct member of both its community, and the Caravel community... Ah well.

And, obligatory congrats to all our new Core 'Shroom staff! While I don't have much personal to say with LudwigVon, I'm quite glad Lakituthequick is getting a day in the limelight, and I'm super glad that Pyro Guy, who is pretty much my 'Shroom Idol as he's the guy who made Picross before I did, is getting cemented as a part of the core staff for this awesome thing we call the 'Shroom!

This was certainly great issue and a wonderful way to start off the year. Congratulations to TPG, LTQ, and LudwigVon. You’ve all proven yourselves with your astounding work in the past and I have no doubt you’ll all excel in your new positions.

I also just want to say I’m honored to have been selected for Staff Section of the Month and voted for SOTM in Palette Swap. My section isn't anything particularly great, but it does my heart good to see that people enjoy it. On that note, I want to give a shout out to fellow SSOTM recipients 876 and Quizmelon. Pokédex Power and TV Tomorrow have been excellent reads under the two of you and qualify as some of my favorite sections. Of course, there's plenty of great sections in The ‘Shroom from all of its writers.

I want to publicly congratulate TPG, LTQ, and Ludwig, it's so good to have them on board :) I also want to thank again MK and Perch for placing their trust in me as Stats Manager during the 2017 term. Being part of The 'Shroom is simply amazing and I know many great things are in the horizon for the newsletter. I wish the new staffers all the best!

Thank you all for the congratulations and welcomes. I'll do my best to direct Pipe Plaza in the future :)

Clearly the most important part of becoming a member of the staff is being able to choose the colours you get for the spreadsheets.

Congrats to TPG and Ludwig for their positions, and to MK and Perch for winning again!
Thanks for having me!

And thanks for selecting It's aMAZEing for SSOTM too!

Sad to see Fake News only having two sections this month, hopefully this improves soon.

I have just added a little more info on the Mario Bros. Page on the Spotlight. Not much was added, and most of it was copy and pasted though.

Thank you for all your kind words. :)

I would like to congratulate MK and Perch for winning, and thank them for choosing me for the Statistics Manager position in 2018. I also congratulate LTQ and TPG for their new positions. I'm looking forward to what we are going to accomplish this year.

I really had a lot of fun looking at this issue! I'd like to congratulate TPG, LTQ, and LudwigVon for joining Staff, and Meta Knight and Perch for retaining their director positions.

I'd also like to publicly thank Freakworld for letting me be a secondary writer for his section this month, and thank everyone for electing me as the 3rd Staff Section of the Month! I'm really honoured and happy that everyone enjoys my sections so much, even if I'm not a full-time writer yet.

Cheers to the new year, it's already looking fantastic!

A little off-topic, but I just noticed issue 131 is on my birthday.

I just found this thread, and I’ve been waiting to say this, so I might as well say it now.

When you get 2nd in SOTM, you get this feeling to beat out the first placer; so Anton, I’m warning you, I’m getting 1st this time! MUA-HA-HA-HA!

Just so you know.

On Issue 132, I’m getting my section back in the staff-voted SOTM. Imma do it! Imma write a section that will manipulate the staff into getting it in the top SOTM! And then, with all this power, I will be able to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

Back