Question regarding 3DS repairs.

Noct

Dry Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
I'm not sure if I should be posting this on here or on the handhelds board, but I have a water damaged Nintendo 3DS (the original 2011 model) that crashes whenever activating the camera, has a unresponsive L-Button and won't connect to the internet anymore. It's been in this condition since 2013 and I've been meaning to send it to Nintendo for repairs for awhile now.

I was wondering if anyone would know how much it costs to get it repaired/replaced.

You're better off upgrading:
Repairing Your Nintendo 3DS Family System said:
Nintendo no longer offers factory repairs for the original Nintendo 3DS system; however, repair service is still available for newer Nintendo 3DS family products, including the Nintendo 3DS XL and Nintendo 2DS.

I already have upgraded to the 3DSXL in March of 2014, I just want to get my other 3DS working again. But that's a bummer...

Well thanks anyways, though.

The cost is like 80 bucks from what I recall last time I repaired my 3DS and they'll often send you like a new system every time they repair something.

I'd be perfectly fine with them replacing it if they send back the same type of model, I already transferred my games on there to my XL and formatted it anyways so there isn't anything to lose.

Back