Author Topic: Mario Tennis Aces  (Read 34534 times)

Princess Mario

• 🌸Mushroom Kingdom's most beautiful plumber.🌸 Avatar by moondragon2003
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
Re: Mario Tennis Aces
« Reply #260 on: April 14, 2018, 05:24:55 PM »
Oh boy, I'll need a new towel after this

after wiping my tears of joy off my face
"Mario begins his ascension to the celestial realm, Luigi spontaneously becomes a twitching pile of boneless flesh and Daisy is nonchalantly like 'this is fine'." -NanoRim

Swiftie_Luma

• King of your Heart.
  • King Bowser
  • I've got new rules, I count 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 16, 2018, 10:43:51 AM »
now can we update the sound bank, please.

No? Ok.

Treehouse is doing segments to showcase character types.

The best comes at the end by the pattern, aka Tricky and Speedy.

Rosalina and company will shine soon.

winstein

• Dry Bowser
  • Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 16, 2018, 11:34:52 AM »
The ones left are Toad, Yoshi, Rosalina and Boo. The former two are Speedy while the latter two are Tricky. Maybe Spike could be shown if we're lucky. Personally it's not the best batch for me.

For me the best is the middle of the pack due to showcasing six characters, which include Wario and Waluigi in their cool new outfits, Chain Chomp getting the spotlight, and more important, Waluigi showing off how cool he is.

Thank you for reading.
(Credit goes to Alex95 for this signature)

memoryman3

• Daisy for Smash and everything
  • Dry Bones
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 16, 2018, 11:52:47 AM »
I do hope the voice clips will be updated with NEW recordings, but I doubt it...
Daisy 4 Smash 5!

Swiftie_Luma

• King of your Heart.
  • King Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 16, 2018, 05:45:23 PM »
i am waiting patiently for the worst.

But maybe we'll get a surprise.

Ghostly Yoshi

• Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 16, 2018, 09:51:20 PM »

Wow, you need to start looking at the bright side of things.

Cheeze

• Cheep-Cheep
  • Doughboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 16, 2018, 10:13:42 PM »

To be fair, Rosalina's voice has degraded because of the change in voice actresses.

Also, please remove the gif on the left in your signature, Swiftie. It's too distracting. It makes it hard to read posts. Put something there that isn't too distracting.

Ghostly Yoshi

• Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 17, 2018, 12:10:37 AM »
Also, please remove the gif on the left in your signature, Swiftie. It's too distracting. It makes it hard to read posts. Put something there that isn't too distracting.
You know that you can turn off sigs, right?

Swiftie_Luma

• King of your Heart.
  • King Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 17, 2018, 09:59:39 AM »

Considering that Nintendo has done nothing to improve this area in recent years then i think i'll stay as i am.

No.

Cheeze

• Cheep-Cheep
  • Doughboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 17, 2018, 10:40:10 AM »

Even if I did know, this still shouldn't be a problem. I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one who finds that gif distracting and I'm willing to bet Swiftie knows what she's doing and I don't like it. Par for the course for her.

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #270 on: April 17, 2018, 11:08:52 AM »

Even if I did know, this still shouldn't be a problem. I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one who finds that gif distracting and I'm willing to bet Swiftie knows what she's doing and I don't like it. Par for the course for her.

I find gifs distracting as well, as most gifs are. But I'm not going to tell someone to change their signature based on my own personal preference. If it is rule breaking (in this case, it isn't), you can message a mod. Swiftie Luma doesn't need to change her signature and she'll change it at her discretion, she's also not the only one with gifs in her signature. Please stay on topic.

I realize we have yet to see any of the Baby characters, so I'd like to see Baby Mario and Baby Luigi get in. Birdo, Paratroopa, and Shy Guy need to return as well. Also glad that standard tournaments return, but I also wonder if Star Characters will too.

Deku

• Izuku Midoriya
  • Donkey Kong
  • GalacticPetey
  • Plus Ultra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 17, 2018, 11:12:56 AM »
Half the people on this forum have gifs in their sig. I don't know why you're calling out Swiftie in particular.

Cheeze

• Cheep-Cheep
  • Doughboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 17, 2018, 11:19:44 AM »
Half the people on this forum have gifs in their sig. I don't know why you're calling out Swiftie in particular.

Because her's is the most distracting one that I've seen so far. And no, it has nothing to do with our beef on GameFAQs. The way that gif moves is too distracting.

Swiftie_Luma

• King of your Heart.
  • King Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 17, 2018, 11:21:01 AM »
Oh trust me i know why he is calling me out specifically.

Either way , to adress this to the ending point , i will just say that it's a bit much of a complain. My signature has been this banner with these 2 Rosalina gifs for a while now, so it's beyond me why you have suddenly a problem with it or why you say ''Swiftie knows what she's doing and I don't like it.''

Im staying on topic, and you should too, end of the discussion.

----------------------

I realize we have yet to see any of the Baby characters, so I'd like to see Baby Mario and Baby Luigi get in. Birdo, Paratroopa, and Shy Guy need to return as well. Also glad that standard tournaments return, but I also wonder if Star Characters will too.

It's because , to me at least, Camelot is trying to include out of the blue enemies and not requested or expected characters.

I would be happy to see Baby Mario , Baby Luigi, Birdo or Diddy Kong , but chances are we aren't getting any of these.

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #274 on: April 17, 2018, 11:26:52 AM »

It's because , to me at least, Camelot is trying to include out of the blue enemies and not requested or expected characters.

I would be happy to see Baby Mario , Baby Luigi, Birdo or Diddy Kong , but chances are we aren't getting any of these.

I'll admit, I completely forgot about Diddy Kong :(

Having playable enemies in spin-off titles is probably the best place to have playable enemies outside of Super Mario Odyssey, so it makes sense. But not including a fan-favorite character and/or characters that were in the series before will always raise some complaints. RIP DK Jr.

But I guess they got to cap it somewhere. Can't have a 100+ character tennis tournament! ...Can we?

Swiftie_Luma

• King of your Heart.
  • King Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 17, 2018, 11:33:05 AM »
If we get Pauline (even if i honestly am not excited for her) or any character that's more close to home like Baby Mario or Shy Guy, then i'll be happier.

Considering they hardly did stuff from scratch for this one i will consider that they would have time to make models for many unlockeable characters.

On the voice acting note, part of me wants them to use different clips in the final game, but they probably wont

However i still hope to hear more of Kerri Kane as Rosalina since , judging by the screenshots there are several new animations for the characters and im positive that , as long as Rosalina gets animations with Lumas around, she will get her echo-y voice that i like so much.

Ghostly Yoshi

• Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 17, 2018, 12:31:56 PM »
Can't have a 100+ character tennis tournament! ...Can we?
Iím not sure if you played it, but Mario Golf: World Tour had 30-character golf tournaments.  The majority of the characters (like Thwomp, Whomp, Bullet Bill, Koopa Troopa, and Monty Mole) werenít even playable; you just saw their names on the Story Mode leaderboard.  Iím sure they could do something similar for Aces; I found that very interesting in the aforementioned game.

I would have loved to see Thwomp actually hit a golf ball, though.

Lucario

• The Aura Pokemon
  • Dry Bowser
  • Koops
  • posh posh posh posh posh posh posh posh
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 17, 2018, 01:06:13 PM »
Hey, as long as youíve seen a Thwomp ride a bike, youíve seen him do anything.

Canít believe Iím constantly bringing up that minigame now.

Swiftie_Luma

• King of your Heart.
  • King Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 17, 2018, 01:09:29 PM »
that's the closest thing you'll get to a legit mugen-like game in Mario.

Cheeze

• Cheep-Cheep
  • Doughboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 17, 2018, 05:52:26 PM »
Oh trust me i know why he is calling me out specifically.

Either way , to adress this to the ending point , i will just say that it's a bit much of a complain. My signature has been this banner with these 2 Rosalina gifs for a while now, so it's beyond me why you have suddenly a problem with it or why you say ''Swiftie knows what she's doing and I don't like it.''

Im staying on topic, and you should too, end of the discussion.

1. I'm not targeting you specifically. You're not the only one here with distracting gifs. It's just that yours in particular is the worst offender because of how distracting it is.

2. No, you're not staying on topic. You never do, especially on GameFAQs where you always pick fights with people for the sake of attention. Don't try to act all innocent on one forum while being miserable on another.