Author Topic: Mario Tennis Aces  (Read 38633 times)

Julia-BM

• Giulia
  • Piranha Plant
  • Whoashi! It's a double tax fraud exploshi!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Mario Tennis Aces
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2018, 03:49:54 PM »
im glad they are showing more detail to the human male cast instead of just focusing on the sports attire of the princesses and Rosalina.
Yes! This blatant sexism has got to stop.
I always thought it was kind of ridiculous that the male humans in the Mario and Sonic games had to be swimming in their casual wear, including their shoes.

And sure this game will have a story, but I hope it won't end up being bland.
Nice to the princess to invite us over for a picnic, eh Luigi?

I hope she made lotsa spaghetti!

Swiftie_Luma

• King of your Heart.
  • King Bowser
  • I've got new rules, I count 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2018, 03:56:56 PM »
even if it's like the Sluggers game that's just miles better than many things Nintendo has pulled out lately in regards of spin offs and the Mario Tennis series specificaly.

Magikrazy

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2018, 04:06:19 PM »
I always thought it was kind of ridiculous that the male humans in the Mario and Sonic games had to be swimming in their casual wear, including their shoes.
iirc the idea of giving everyone swimsuits was tossed around in those games, but ultimately rejected by Sega because that would have meant removing Sonic's shoes. *shudder*

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special

• "It's Christmas again. It will never be the sa-a-a-a-ame. I know there's only sadness in my so-o-o-o-ul."
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2018, 04:23:19 PM »
I don't think you necessarily have to remove shoes. Just replace them with water shoes or other foot-specific swimwear, even flippers (but I like the idea of water shoes).
"Mario begins his ascension to the celestial realm, Luigi spontaneously becomes a twitching pile of boneless flesh and Daisy is nonchalantly like 'this is fine'." -NanoRim

Roll and Maria Renard

• Pwwnd123
  • King Bowser
  • Pwwnd123
  • Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2018, 05:00:39 PM »
Wow a new Mario Tennis game. So they decided not to make Ultra Smash Second Edition/Deluxe. I really really hope Aces will be just as good as Power Tennis and surpass it and not be another Ultra Smash which failed to surpass Power Tennis.

Ultra Smash was a huge letdown and was a rushed mess due to Nintendo's decision of shipping it unfinished with not enough polish. Ultra Smash will be truly forgotten for being a rushed unfinished game and the worst Mario Tennis game due to Nintendo not deciding to fix it by releasing a heavy steam of updates and DLC which really did the most damage. It will be always be known as the Mario game that defied Shigeru Miyamoto (the creator of the entire Mario franchise)'s statement of "a delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad" and that's exactly what it was. It failed both ways as a Mario game and a Mario Tennis game. It's still a decent game on its own but not as a Mario Tennis game. 
Justice for Roll and Maria Renard

We need these two characters to be female representatives of Castlevania and Mega Man respectively.

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special

• "It's Christmas again. It will never be the sa-a-a-a-ame. I know there's only sadness in my so-o-o-o-ul."
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2018, 05:05:40 PM »
I hope this game delivers given this game's development cycle seems short.

See, Sports Superstars was released just last year in Spring. It's developed by Camelot (and Namco). Assuming Camelot isn't already working on this game during Sports Superstars development, that'll mean this game got around only one year of development. Perhaps Ultra Smash gave it a boost, though, so if it's like Ultra Smash, but with more stuff, would make a little more sense for the short development time. Either way, that spring release a year after Mario Sports Superstars, I hope, isn't ultimately a bad thing.
"Mario begins his ascension to the celestial realm, Luigi spontaneously becomes a twitching pile of boneless flesh and Daisy is nonchalantly like 'this is fine'." -NanoRim

Swiftie_Luma

• King of your Heart.
  • King Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2018, 05:36:48 PM »
Wow a new Mario Tennis game. So they decided not to make Ultra Smash Second Edition/Deluxe. I really really hope Aces will be just as good as Power Tennis and surpass it and not be another Ultra Smash which failed to surpass Power Tennis.

Ultra Smash was a huge letdown and was a rushed mess due to Nintendo's decision of shipping it unfinished with not enough polish. Ultra Smash will be truly forgotten for being a rushed unfinished game and the worst Mario Tennis game due to Nintendo not deciding to fix it by releasing a heavy steam of updates and DLC which really did the most damage. It will be always be known as the Mario game that defied Shigeru Miyamoto (the creator of the entire Mario franchise)'s statement of "a delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad" and that's exactly what it was. It failed both ways as a Mario game and a Mario Tennis game. It's still a decent game on its own but not as a Mario Tennis game.

Ok we get it, you don't like Ultra Smash.

Pinkgu

• NOOT
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Pink Cat
  • NOOT
    • View Profile
    • Where the wind blows
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2018, 05:37:45 PM »

I'm loving the audience, anyways besides the shoe ins like Yoshi and Peach, I want Pauline, Birdo, Dixie and Cranky and at least one Warioware character

Swiftie_Luma

• King of your Heart.
  • King Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2018, 05:42:40 PM »
i would like to see the background NPC wearing Rosalina's Crown as i play, that would be a great touch.

memoryman3

• Daisy for Smash and everything
  • Dry Bones
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2018, 06:11:31 PM »

See, Sports Superstars was released just last year in Spring. It's developed by Camelot (and Namco). Assuming Camelot isn't already working on this game during Sports Superstars development, that'll mean this game got around only one year of development. Perhaps Ultra Smash gave it a boost, though, so if it's like Ultra Smash, but with more stuff, would make a little more sense for the short development time. Either way, that spring release a year after Mario Sports Superstars, I hope, isn't ultimately a bad thing.

I don't think Camelot really did much work on Superstars. Besides adding Baby Mario and Baby Luigi to the game everything is pretty much like a small update. Namco put the game together.
Daisy 4 Smash 5!

Mister Wu

• Wiki Patroller
  • King Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2018, 06:22:12 PM »

I noticed that too. From what I've seen, the physics seems to be the same of Ultra Smash, Swifite Luma already spotted the aniamtions and various assets reused from that game, I don't know much about the rest as from what I've seen the demo was of Classic Tennis Simple. My guess is that they'll reuse as much as possible from Ultra Smash, while adding new things. We already saw the tennis wear and story mode, the addition of those gauges and the possibility of breaking rackets means that even in the gameplay segment something was added.
In terms of roster, I wonder if beside Ultra Smash they'll add the characters from Mario Sports Superstars, reusing some animations from that game (or if this really happens, should we say that MSS had the animations already prepared for Mario Tennis Aces readapted for the 3DS?).

Anyway, much depends on how smart they are in reusing existing assets while adding new things. I think 1 year is just too little to develop a game from the ground-up, just think about what happened with Mario Kart 8 which turned out to be heavily based on Mario Kart 7 and yet after 3 years of development it had a delay and ultimately needed quite a bit of post release development to have an "almost fixed" roster (according to Mario Kart Wii standards) and a proper Battle Mode.

Рождественский Малыш Луиджи

• Nick, you need to find a woman who hates herself, she'll love you.
  • Awards Committee
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 Патриотическая
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2018, 08:21:30 PM »
In terms of roster, I wonder if beside Ultra Smash they'll add the characters from Mario Sports Superstars, reusing some animations from that game (or if this really happens, should we say that MSS had the animations already prepared for Mario Tennis Aces readapted for the 3DS?).

God I hope that would happen.
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Swiftie_Luma

• King of your Heart.
  • King Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2018, 08:53:19 PM »
Well it wouldn't really surprise me if we get MSS characters, specially when Rosalina uses her Ultra Smash animations in Sports Super Stars so they can be used again back and forth for every character.

MarioKartGamerDude

• Goomba
  • Biggest Mario fan ever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2018, 09:10:04 PM »
I think we might get more news about the game by like February or March
It's a-me! MarioKartGamerDude!

ThatGuy62

• Dry Bones
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2018, 09:35:22 PM »

Uh.........Toad? You alright?
Do you see Wario's body shape?
I don't blame him.
"It is a sky. It is a completely sky." - A line from the masterpiece of the century that is Vroom in The Night Sky.

Mcmadness

• Power Star
  • The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2018, 10:02:02 PM »
Sleeping on the job. Typical.
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig. This sig loves you.

GmanSir

• Spiny
  • 2 Dimensional
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2018, 12:05:25 AM »

So what exactly are these meters?

MarioKartGamerDude

• Goomba
  • Biggest Mario fan ever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2018, 12:22:51 AM »

So what exactly are these meters?

Probably its the meter to use Power Shots.
It's a-me! MarioKartGamerDude!

Julia-BM

• Giulia
  • Piranha Plant
  • Whoashi! It's a double tax fraud exploshi!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2018, 03:14:01 AM »

God I hope that would happen.
That means we would be getting :metal: and :pgp:! Yaaaaaaaaaayyy, Pink Gold Peach!!!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nice to the princess to invite us over for a picnic, eh Luigi?

I hope she made lotsa spaghetti!