Let me try one last time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMVS7

Monty Mole
Banned User
These themes I have created in my mind are, to me, amazing, catchy themes and I have added the beat needed to them. I have improved beyond the simple notes I have plucked out on the keyboard earlier and I am putting this one to the test one last time by seeing how others respond to these new and improved themes of mine. But there are 3 possibilities here:

1.) These themes I am conveying are not catchy at all, do not convey any amazing, profound, or powerful emotion, and my brain is just projecting a judgment upon these created themes. These judgments literally make me see my themes as catchy and amazing themes when they really aren't and there is no way I can get rid of this perception. If it really is the case that my themes are still the equivalent to a complete beginner plucking out any old random tunes on the keyboard and making said randomly chosen notes into actual music, then I am unable to see that. I am unable to see what my themes really are in reality since my brain has already attached a meaning to them that I absolutely cannot get rid of. I only have my own personal judgments to go by and I cannot see what my themes really are in reality.

2.) My themes really are the catchy, compelling, amazing themes I say they are. All the right notes and rests are there to my themes. But there are other factors that I am unaware of to make my themes eligible for other listeners. Having the right notes, the right rests, suitable instruments, and a beat to an amazing, catchy theme is not enough to convey it and it would still appear as nothing more than randomly plucked out notes. In other words, it would appear as something like musical gibberish and without any musical coherence. It would classify as actual music, but it would be like gibberish. So, I would have all the right rests and the right notes there to my themes. But it would be like having an amazing message typed out in some very bright color which would prevent others from seeing it. The message is all there, but something is needed to make the message eligible for other readers. In that same sense, I would need something to make my themes eligible/coherent. As long as I have only the right notes, rests, suitable instruments, and a beat to these amazing themes of mine, then these amazing themes would be ambiguous to the listener and open to a wide variety of interpretations. They would be interpretations that are way off from what my themes were intended to convey.

3.) My themes are these amazing, catchy themes I say they are. When people listen to them, these themes will be conveyed successfully now. In other words, I am all set to go then. I can create any amazing, catchy theme I have in my mind right now and share it. If I wish to further learn more about music down the road so I can create highly crafted pieces and have more insight, then I am free to do so. It would be like putting condiments on a cake. Sure, the condiments would complete the cake, make it look nice, and would make the cake taste better. But I don't really need these condiments since the cake itself (my themes with their right notes and rests) along with the frosting (the beat and my chosen instruments) is just fine. Although, I am free to put the condiments on my cakes later on. In other words, my themes will be successfully conveyed although I could very well learn more about music later on down the road to make my themes more crafted. So, my themes are just fine the way they are and the catchy, amazing quality of these themes will get across to the listener.

Making a craft that is fully and painstakingly crafted is really not necessary then unless you are a perfectionist who wants cakes to have all those neat condiments on them. Therefore, this would have to mean that musical artists who spend hours on end fully perfecting their music are just musical perfectionists who wish to fully complete their craft. Yes, having their songs fully perfected would make them much better. But all that is really necessary is just for them to present their amazing, catchy tunes with their right notes, right rests, a beat, and suitable instruments. The amazing, catchy power of these tunes and themes will get across to the listener. I mean, haven't you ever heard, for example, some musical artist hum or sing some new, amazing, catchy tune he/she created on the go without fully perfecting his music? When people listen to these tunes, they immediately catch on to it and they find these tunes amazing and catchy. This is what I mean here which means I was just trying to find a shortcut is all. I was seeing if there truly was a way for me to convey my themes right here and now without having to go through all that trouble and hard work of learning and training just to "put condiments on a cake" as I mentioned earlier.

Now that I have gotten that out of the way, I am going to present my improved themes. I will present what I think is my best one:

https://soundcloud.com/user-432115982/gentle-loving-beautiful-caring-theme

Now, this is a theme for Shadow the Hedgehog. Actually, it doesn't express him. Rather, I have just chosen to express him in my own unique way. There are two versions of this theme which simply has different instruments. You pick which one you like best:

https://soundcloud.com/user-432115982/shadows-power-unleashed

https://soundcloud.com/user-432115982/shadows-power-unleashed-version-2

I think this is a nice and lovely theme:

https://soundcloud.com/user-432115982/heavenly-realm

From here, I will just present the rest:

https://soundcloud.com/user-432115982/new-raphip-hop-theme-1

https://soundcloud.com/user-432115982/newtrack3

https://soundcloud.com/user-432115982/best-epic-theme2

Finally, this is a new Michael Jackson tune I made. It, from my perspective, is a new, amazing, catchy tune that is in the style of MJ's music. That is, it would be like listening to a new tune created by MJ himself. It's not the instrument choice even though I think I've chosen suitable instruments, but it is the melody itself that conveys this to me. That is my personal view and you are free to disagree with it. When it comes to music, people will have various views. Music is all subjective. How I see one theme or song will not be the same as how another person sees it. Again, I have presented 3 possibilities above in my opening post and I think it might actually all boil down to them.

https://soundcloud.com/user-432115982/the-new-michael-jackson-tune

Look man, I've got some bad news.

This really ain't great. Not gonna pull punches here, but none of it sounds at all like what you're trying to make it sound like. The Shadow The Hedgehog ones sound like an ice level, for god's sake. I'd normally just turn my back and say "you do you" here, but a lot of it also doesn't have any sense of musical coherence to it, like notes slapped randomly on a keyboard.

I'm not trying to be mean, but I feel like you probably need a bit of honesty here. Option 1 is the truth. These are nowhere near catchy at all, and are in fact sort of bad.

>
G69DCuf.png

Junko Enoshima said:
Look man, I've got some bad news.

This really ain't great. Not gonna pull punches here, but none of it sounds at all like what you're trying to make it sound like. The Shadow The Hedgehog ones sound like an ice level, for god's sake. I'd normally just turn my back and say "you do you" here, but a lot of it also doesn't have any sense of musical coherence to it, like notes slapped randomly on a keyboard.

I'm not trying to be mean, but I feel like you probably need a bit of honesty here. Option 1 is the truth. These are nowhere near catchy at all, and are in fact sort of bad.

Try this one then. I think it is my best one:

https://soundcloud.com/user-432115982/gentle-loving-beautiful-caring-theme

Buddy. Pal. Hey.

Look, this one really doesn't convince me any more that these are good. The pitch on it is way too high, it hurts my ears. It also sounds much more like a fight theme than a "Caring, Loving Song", which really isn't a theme that's present at all in this piece.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but it doesn't change the truth, because this one is probably the worst one. At least I could listen to the other ones without a headache.

MattMVS7 said:

WHAT DOES ANY OF THIS HAVE TO DO WITH MICHAEL JACKSON

Glowsquid said:
MattMVS7 said:

WHAT DOES ANY OF THIS HAVE TO DO WITH MICHAEL JACKSON

It, from my perspective, is a new, amazing, catchy tune that is in the style of MJ's music. That is, it would be like listening to a new tune created by MJ himself. It's not the instrument choice even though I think I've chosen suitable instruments, but it is the melody itself that conveys this to me. That is my personal view and you are free to disagree with it. When it comes to music, people will have various views. Music is all subjective. How I see one theme or song will not be the same as how another person sees it. Again, I have presented 3 possibilities above in my opening post and I think it might actually all boil down to them.

creative freedom is a good thing, dude, but my main problem with all of these threads is that you refuse to listen to any slightly negative opinion.

we want you to improve your work, but every single time we try to give criticism it's always just "blah blah, in my head, i'm the most genius person around, have you even listened to it, blah blah blah". it's tedious. it's why all of these get locked and why everyone is slowly less willing to give you any feedback because it just gets shut down. learn from your mistakes.

I’m just curious but what pieces of MJ’s work are you attempting to compare your work to? Honestly I’m not really hearing it. I apologize if this is stepping out of line but I do agree with what’s been said above. These themes that you’ve created don’t really match up with the themes you’ve intended and if possible try not to use high pitched screeching sounds. I’ve also noticed that some of the tunes are repeated. Such as your love song and Shadow’s transformation tune. As Fun With Despair has stated Shadow’s transformation tune sounds like a level you would most likely find in a Sonic game. If you’ve ever heard a few of his songs that depict him, you would most likely see that his songs take on a more edgier tough guy feel. I know you must have worked hard on this, but I would tell you to give them another listen and make readjustments to them.

Shuuichi Saihara said:
I'm just curious but what pieces of MJ's work are you attempting to compare your work to? Honestly I'm not really hearing it.
Guessing by the tags, he's comparing it to both Smooth Criminal and Billy Jean.

Riko Santarauchi said:
creative freedom is a good thing, dude, but my main problem with all of these threads is that you refuse to listen to any slightly negative opinion.

we want you to improve your work, but every single time we try to give criticism it's always just "blah blah, in my head, i'm the most genius person around, have you even listened to it, blah blah blah". it's tedious. it's why all of these get locked and why everyone is slowly less willing to give you any feedback because it just gets shut down. learn from your mistakes.

I was just trying to find a shortcut is all. I was seeing if there truly was a way for me to convey my themes right here and now without having to go through all that trouble and hard working of learning and training just to "put condiments on a cake" as I mentioned earlier.

MattMVS7 said:
I was just trying to find a shortcut is all.

imo, finding a shortcut through creativity is a bad idea if you're just trying to get things done. You end up moving too quickly and don't take the time to listen to criticism. Many people, including myself, can take years to perfect their talents, and even then some are still learning new things. Don't move too fast, slow down and take your time to hone your skills. "You can't rush art" you know?

MattMVS7 said:
Riko Santarauchi said:

I was just trying to find a shortcut is all. I was seeing if there truly was a way for me to convey my themes right here and now without having to go through all that trouble and hard working of learning and training just to "put condiments on a cake" as I mentioned earlier.

yeah, we can see that, but unfortunately it just doesnt work that way.

I mean, haven't you ever heard, for example, some musical artist hum or sing some new, amazing, catchy tune he/she created on the go without fully perfecting his music? When people listen to these tunes, they immediately catch on to it and they find these tunes amazing and catchy. This is what I mean here when I said I was trying to find a shortcut to conveying my themes.

MattMVS7 said:
I mean, haven't you ever heard, for example, some musical artist hum or sing some new, amazing, catchy tune he/she created on the go without fully perfecting his music?
...no

no we haven't

MattMVS7 said:
I mean, haven't you ever heard, for example, some musical artist hum or sing some new, amazing, catchy tune he/she created on the go without fully perfecting his music? When people listen to these tunes, they immediately catch on to it and they find these tunes amazing and catchy. This is what I mean here when I said I was trying to find a shortcut to conveying my themes.

The difference between these hypothetical hummed songs, is that they have a hypothetical good tune. These do not, and are both pretty bad, and unfortunately very real.

Junko Enoshima said:
MattMVS7 said:

The difference between these hypothetical hummed songs, is that they have a hypothetical good tune. These do not, and are both pretty bad, and unfortunately very real.

How do you know for a fact that my tunes are not good ones and that it just isn't a matter of your own personal judgment judging my tunes? I would really like to know since that would be something I could learn right here and now that would help me learn and improve.

Junko Enoshima said:
MattMVS7 said:
How do you know for a fact that my tunes are not good ones

Because not only myself, but everyone in this thread says they are not good.

Yes, I understand this. But I asked for the facts that tell me why they aren't good tunes. In other words, present me the technical information that explains why. As long as I do not have this information, then how am I supposed to learn and improve? If people are telling me that my tunes are not good and they have no explanation as to why other than that they just don't think they are good, then I cannot learn and improve.

MattMVS7 said:
Junko Enoshima said:
MattMVS7 said:

Yes, I understand this. But I asked for the facts that tell me why they aren't good tunes. In other words, present me the technical information that explains why. As long as I do not have this information, then how am I supposed to learn and improve? If people are telling me that my tunes are not good and they have no explanation as to why other than that they just don't think they are good, then I cannot learn and improve.

They sound like collections of random notes, with no musical flow, and they do not fit at all the themes you have presented for them. They sound as if a cat walked across a keyboard, as opposed to a properly composed song.

Junko Enoshima said:
MattMVS7 said:
Junko Enoshima said:
MattMVS7 said:

They sound like collections of random notes, with no musical flow, and they do not fit at all the themes you have presented for them. They sound as if a cat walked across a keyboard, as opposed to a properly composed song.

Alright, but why do they sound like that? I need technical information that explains why.

MattMVS7 said:
Junko Enoshima said:
MattMVS7 said:
Junko Enoshima said:
MattMVS7 said:

Alright, but why do they sound like that? I need technical information that explains why.

Why do they sound like random notes? Because they are.

End of story.

Junko Enoshima said:
MattMVS7 said:
Junko Enoshima said:
MattMVS7 said:
Junko Enoshima said:
MattMVS7 said:

Why do they sound like random notes? Because they are.

End of story.

Then you have no technical information that I asked for to explain this. How am I supposed to learn and improve if all I have to go by is what other people say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back