Christmas 2017

Raiko Horikawa

Live your life according to your rhythm!
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Superchao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cm2iFmASBc

It's almost Christmas time! What plans do you have? Anything special you got already? That kind of thing. We didn't have a topic for this yet, so...!

LET'S CELEBRATE WITH ONE OF THE WORST SPECIALS OF ALL TIME!!!!!!111!!

I'll spend Christmas with my family and other relatives tomorrow, and I've ordered two things for myself. I'll post pictures when I get them.

No plans in particular, just gonna open presents and eat steak I guess. I received Super Mario Odyssey as a early Christmas present and have been enjoying it for the majority of this month and am looking forward to whatever else I'm getting this year.

See family, eat lots of food, drink lots of alcohol, open gifts

emerge for an hour in the morning whilst the holiday traditions commence, then retreat back into my room and resume slumber until late afternoon. gonna wing it from there

Looking forward to crab.

Probably normal stuff really. The only thing that's different is that we plan to attempt to play all 144 Mario Kart courses we have access to over the entire period- also known as extreme hand cramp.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Looking forward to crab.

Remove this line from all context and it can become very ominous.

I, too, am looking forward to Crab

Heading to our great-grandmother's house for the celebration we have every year. Beyond that, probably just playing Kirby: Planet Robobot.

all I got for christmas today was a lovely trip interstate to see my grandmother, whose health and mood has gotten considerably better since we arrived, and to drive my car (which used to be hers) home at the end of this trip because I've finished paying it off to her in person.

im very grateful for this holiday :ashley:

merry christmas

i got food and clothes

my sister gave me back the money she owed me

time to play some games

My friend got me a Switch and Super Mario Odyssey, and that's because he's extremely grateful for supporting him as much as we could when he had leukemia. He's out of the hospital, the cancer being gone, and I'm extremely grateful, but it's going to be hard to top a free Switch and Odyssey as a gift. I have 400 in Christmas money, I hope I put that to good use especially saying thanks to him back.

Tsuyu Asui said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
Looking forward to crab.

Remove this line from all context and it can become very ominous.

I, too, am looking forward to Crab
Heh, I admit I chuckled at that.

I am not sure about crab actually, but I did gorge on beef liver via Chinese hotpot and it's as good as I remember it.

LeftyGreenMario said:
My friend got me a Switch and Super Mario Odyssey, and that's because he's extremely grateful for supporting him as much as we could when he had leukemia. He's out of the hospital, the cancer being gone, and I'm extremely grateful, but it's going to be hard to top a free Switch and Odyssey as a gift. I have 400 in Christmas money, I hope I put that to good use especially saying thanks to him back.

Cool, it's cool that you and BLOF finally got a Switch as a present, it's hard to resist that. Now, you don't need to wait for the perfect opportunity anymore. ;D

I still am waiting for the perfect opportunity for the rest of the Wii U games to come to Switch before I get my Switch.

This year I got:

~32" Flat Screen TV
~Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
~Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
~Sonic Forces
~ARMS
~Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga DX+Bowser's Minions
~Pokemon Ultra Sun
~Pokemon Ultra Moon
~Metroid: Samus Returns

I didn't get anything. My family isn't big on Christmas so not surprising. Also nothing I really want :P just being happy is good enough :D

loot!!

-Metroid stuff: A physical copy of NEStroid, boxes for NEStroid and Super Metroid (now I just need to get a physical Super cart), a magnet for Metroid II, a bunch of glossy pictures for the entire series (no Other M, naturally, but yes AM2R!), and I used some Christmas cash to buy a modded Metroid Fusion cartridge. Hard Mode, here I come!
-The Steam Haul (TM): Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, Dust: An Elysian Tale, Pony Island, Ori and the Blind Forest, Murdered: Soul Suspect, Roundabout, Environment Station Alpha and its soundtrack, Giga Wrecker, Steamworld Dig 2, and Touhou 16
-Persona 5
-Ultimate Muscle volumes 26-29 aka the only remaining part of the series that had any kind of translation that I had yet to read
-Mystery and mystery-related books: Rex Stout Does Not Belong in Russia, The Archie Goodwin Files, Two-Minute Mysteries, Mr. Lucky, and American Crime Fiction Studies (an essay collection)
-A book about the 500 best golf holes in the world
-Whole bunch of chocolate
-Whole bunch of very nice christmas cards
-Whole bunch of Pokemon cards
-Handkerchiefs and a shaving kit which are actually a very good present despite what you might think
-Two lego sets
-An orange

All in all a very nice haul!

Loot:

-Candy
-Headphones
-Cash
-AMC gift card
-Shadow of War
-Bruins jersey
c6yhtD3.jpg

an4IkxO.jpg