Should Wario return to a Mario game?

I am not opposed to this.

Yeah that'd be pretty cool. I wouldn't mind Mario interacting with Wario being a business-man doing something for WarioWare

Most certainly. I really liked how he was playable in Super Mario 64 DS.

I though you’d be more happy to see him as a boss so you could torture him.

Anyway as for me, yeah it’s pretty cool to see characters like that appear in the main series.

I mean look at Pauline.

Byakuya Togami said:
I though you’d be more happy to see him as a boss so you could torture him.

Being a playable character offers more opportunities to beat him up. You can't exactly have bosses do falling damage nor getting burnt repeatedly.

But Wario sadism aside, I genuinely appreciate Wario as a playable character. He's still fun to use Super Mario 64 DS.

Baby Luigi said:
I genuinely appreciate Wario as a playable character. He's still fun to use Super Mario 64 DS.

legit shook.

UhHuhAlrightDaisy said:
Wario has had more than his fair share of time in the spotlight. If they're not using him anymore it's because he's not as profitable.
It might make sense when it comes to Wario starring in his own games, since both Shake It and Game & Wario weren't exactly good performances in the sales department, but I'm not sure how Wario will impact the profits if he were to star in a Mario game, especially since he rarely appears in a Mario game at all. Still, I find it weird that he's spinoff fodder (and not even in the RPGs for goodness gravy) despite being recurring and recognizable and having, well, a distinked... err distinct personality that makes him stand out.

LeftyGreenMario said:
UhHuhAlrightDaisy said:
Wario has had more than his fair share of time in the spotlight. If they're not using him anymore it's because he's not as profitable.
It might make sense when it comes to Wario starring in his own games, since both Shake It and Game & Wario weren't exactly good performances in the sales department, but I'm not sure how Wario will impact the profits if he were to star in a Mario game, especially since he rarely appears in a Mario game at all. Still, I find it weird that he's spinoff fodder (and not even in the RPGs for goodness gravy) despite being recurring and recognizable and having, well, a distinked... err distinct personality that makes him stand out.
That is a weird point I think a lot of people overlook. We can itch and moan about the lack of use of characters like Daisy and Waluigi, but Nintendo is clearly not on fans mindsets when you consider they're not even utilizing Wario in this way.

(Sorry for the bump).

I'd like to see Wario and Waluigi being the antagonists of a main series game, myself.

Hell, yeah in a mainline Mario game along with Daisy.

Toadgamer said:
Yeah! Maybe as a boss or a playable character.

I do agree with that, even though we already have the Wario Land games (haven't played them yet) and SML2 for that. Waluigi is priority no 1 in my opinion.

It's sad because I think Miyamoto doesn't seem to like Wario that much (maybe because he didn't created him himself?).

I think it'd be okay to have him. Maybe they can have him, Waluigi, and the characters in Super Mario Run to be playable in the 2D Mario game for Switch as part of an effort to revitalize the sidescrollers.

Luigi 64DD said:
I think it'd be okay to have him. Maybe they can have him, Waluigi, and the characters in Super Mario Run to be playable in the 2D Mario game for Switch as part of an effort to revitalize the sidescrollers.

Waluigi may be too over powered. He can summon water and just swim over the levels (Swimming_Return).

In short, yes. He's powerful so if he were playable, he'd really pack a punch. Literally.

Have you ever kicked a Goomba as Wario in SM64DS? Those suckers go far!

Back