Difficulty of Mario Odyssey if you 100% it

Do you agree that the opinions of people on the difficulty of Mario Odyssey don't matter if they hav

• Yes. If they call the game easy and haven't beaten it 100%, they should STFU.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No.

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambassador Bonneter

Goomba
Banned User
I've seen so many comments online from people who just blew through the main story and then call the game piss easy, AND I DO NOT AGREE. Unless you have 999 Moons and all Regional coins, you can stfu before you call the game easy. I believe that whenever someone calls a Mario game easy, that statement needs CLARIFICATION. I.e., "the game is easy and YES I beat it 100%". In my opinion, the game is not easy at all to 100%. And 100%ing, as with ANY Mario game, is the ONLY difficulty that can and should be considered.

https://streamable.com/cosuo

Tenko Chabashira said:
https://streamable.com/cosuo
Or struggle to find even a single Regional Coin? I don't believe you. Getting 100% AS A WHOLE was far from piss easy even for the greatest Nintendo veteran and to say you can't brag about 100%ing this game is a pissy lie.

Ambassador Bonneter said:
So you didn't die on Darker Side at all?
no but i was close to dying on the part where the walls pushed me
mario galaxy 2's grandmaster galaxy/sm3dw champion's road were harder

Or struggle to find even a single Regional Coin? I don't believe you. Getting 100% AS A WHOLE was far from piss easy even for the greatest Nintendo veteran and to say you can't brag about 100%ing this game is a pissy lie.
i mean yea but that was the fun part of this game, i spent like a few hours on some places and not so much time on a few places

If people say they beat the game 100% without dying, I won't fucking believe 'em?
i never said that, i died a lot in this game. i lost like at least 1000 coins to deaths

Miu Iruma said:
Don't be pointlessly rude.
What was rude? If people say they beat the game 100% without dying, I won't fucking believe 'em?
Yes, your attitude about it. The general aggressiveness, as well as specifically assuming TFP is a liar and attacking him, are all rude.

Miu Iruma said:
Miu Iruma said:
Don't be pointlessly rude.
What was rude? If people say they beat the game 100% without dying, I won't *bleep*ing believe 'em?
Yes, your attitude about it. The general aggressiveness, as well as specifically assuming TFP is a liar and attacking him, are all rude.
I'm new to this place so I'm not really familiar with the rules. Can somebody explain why three people voted No? So it's acceptable to just blow through the main story in under ten hours, say the game's easy and call it a day? Why is it unacceptable to argue that only people who get all Moons, Regional Coins, Music, Transformations, etc. can comment on the difficulty so they can judge the entire game's difficulty AS A WHOLE?

I believe that whenever someone calls a Mario game easy, that statement needs CLARIFICATION. I.e., "the game is easy and YES I beat it 100%". In my opinion, the game is not easy at all to 100%. And 100%ing, as with ANY Mario game, is the ONLY difficulty that can and should be considered.
Even 100%ing Mario has never been difficult. Not a cakewalk but faaaaar from the hardest task. Mario games are designed for the general audience so I think it'll never be on the difficult side but it still throws in some good challenge here and there.

And you should judge the overall difficulty of the game, not just every single level. On average, yes, Mario Odyssey is pretty easy. Why insist that 100%ing a game be the only measuring stick? I mean, accessibility (difficulty curve) should also be considered.

Well, if you don't want to 100% the game, you can still talk about what you experienced. There's no arbitrary reason to say that only a certain group of people can talk about it. That's pure elitism.

Tenko Chabashira said:
So you didn't die on Darker Side at all?
no but i was close to dying on the part where the walls pushed me
mario galaxy 2's grandmaster galaxy/sm3dw champion's road were harder

i mean yea but that was the fun part of this game, i spent like a few hours on some places and not so much time on a few places

If people say they beat the game 100% without dying, I won't *bleep*ing believe 'em?
i never said that, i died a lot in this game. i lost like at least 1000 coins to deaths
Im not calling you a liar but I don't believe that you didn't die even once on Darker Side. Sorry, but I simply do not believe you. I don't. Nope. Sorry. "*Almost* died on the easiest part. Lmfao. Yeeeeah right. You didn't even die during that Pokio part?

Miu Iruma said:
Well, if you don't want to 100% the game, you can still talk about what you experienced. There's no arbitrary reason to say that only a certain group of people can talk about it. That's pure elitism.
Bit why should anyone COMPLAIN about the game being easy if they skip the hardest post game stuff?

People are entitled to complain about the difficulty scaling and/or the pre-game difficulty because opinions are subjective and they are valid complaints. And yes, people are also entitled to complain about the difficulty being too easy even after they 100%'d everything because people can hold an opinion and relative to other games, Mario is on the mellower side of difficulty. So, what's your point?

Miu Iruma said:
>"i'm not calling you a liar"
>calls him a liar

seems fair and legitimate
I'm not saying he's a liar because I technically can't prove it, but I just personally don't believe that this person beat the Darker Side in one go (except for *almost dying*) during the easiest part. While it was not as hard as the Perfect Run, I'm still no more inclined to believe someone beat it on their first go. There are faaaar too many variables. I suppose there is a one in a million chance a super lucky person got through it in one go, and the OP may have been one of those persons. But I don't personally, in my personal opinion, choose to believe it.

LeftyGreenMario said:
People are entitled to complain about the difficulty scaling and/or the pre-game difficulty because opinions are subjective and they are valid complaints. And yes, people are also entitled to complain about the difficulty being too easy even after they 100%'d everything because people can hold an opinion and relative to other games, Mario is on the mellower side of difficulty. So, what's your point?
You always beat everything without an issue. I'll bet you and your sister using 2 player Capppy mode made the bosses the easiest in the series for you.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I believe that whenever someone calls a Mario game easy, that statement needs CLARIFICATION. I.e., "the game is easy and YES I beat it 100%". In my opinion, the game is not easy at all to 100%. And 100%ing, as with ANY Mario game, is the ONLY difficulty that can and should be considered.
Even 100%ing Mario has never been difficult. Not a cakewalk but faaaaar from the hardest task. Mario games are designed for the general audience so I think it'll never be on the difficult side but it still throws in some good challenge here and there.

And you should judge the overall difficulty of the game, not just every single level. On average, yes, Mario Odyssey is pretty easy. Why insist that 100%ing a game be the only measuring stick? I mean, accessibility (difficulty curve) should also be considered.
So you EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE that you didn't find Perfect Run and Champions Road difficult? If not, then how can you say that 100%ing it isn't difficult? 100%ing the game if for veteran gamers who want the challenge, so of course it's difficult. How can you say that? HOW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back