Is Sweet Sweet Canyon in the Luncheon Kingdom?

Koopaul

Cheep Cheep
I've been thinking about various Mario locations and what kingdoms they could belong to. Sweet Sweet Canyon from Mario Kart 8 makes me think of the Luncheon Kingdom instantly. What about you? Any other locations you think might belong to the kingdoms shown in Odyssey?

Sweet Sweet Canyon looks more like Sugar Rush from Wreck it Ralph than Luncheon Kingdom, which is mostly based on non-dessert foods and has a polygonal art style.

New Donk City could be the setting of Donkey Kong though.

freakworld said:
Super Mario 64 might have been in the mushroom kingdom I’m not sure though
Might, you say?

King Antasma said:
Sweet Sweet Canyon looks more like Sugar Rush from Wreck it Ralph than Luncheon Kingdom, which is mostly based on non-dessert foods and has a polygonal art style.

You think the entire kingdom looks like Mount Volbono?

Does that mean Painted Swampland is not in the Mushroom Kingdom because its a different art style?
https://www.mariowiki.com/Painted_Swampland

OK, I think Sweet Sweet Canyon isn't in the Luncheon Kingdom, partly because of the largely different aesthetics, but mainly because I think it is a normal cake, not a giant one, and the racers are shrunk down to race on it- Maybe Bowser got his minimiser back out or something- the same way as Ribbon Road. I'd also like to point out that the surroundings of Sweet Sweet Canyon feature Princess Orange bottles (Which can be seen at normal size in the Super Bell Subway vending machines), and Peach & Daisy Royal Patisserie logos everywhere (Outlets of the patisserie can be seen in Yoshi Circuit and Toad Harbour). I think the course is made by the patisserie, seeing as it features a large number of their boxes and cookies. Also, Sweet Sweet Canyon is inhabited by gingerbread cookies and pink Piranha Plants (I'm excluding the Yoshis as I presume they were also shrunk, they don't really fit in with the aesthetic), neither of which appear in the Luncheon Kingdom. Also, the only liquid that appears in Sweet Sweet Canyon is Princess Orange, which is not seen in the Luncheon Kingdom.

Since it's implied that we only see one small part of the Luncheon Kingdom (that part being Mount Volbono), it is possible. However, it could go either way.

I think so. Although Mount Volbono is a warm region at 34 degrees Celsius, it's not impossible for the Kingdom to have other types of food-themed places. Although Mario games have never adhered to realistic geographical consistency (in New Super Mario Bros. U for example, Layer-Cake Desert, a warm area, is next to Frosted Glacier, a snowy area), I don't think they are close to each other, since Mount Volbono is surrounded by hot soup, while Sweet Canyon is surrounded by soda that anybody can enter without any issue.

Thank you for reading.

Back