Why is bowser so dumb?

tardograd2

Cheep Cheep
With his power, wealth and influence, he could kill of all toads, get peach, banish/execute mario, and generally achieve all of his goal. His stupidity is his only obstacle. So, why is he so dumb, and, if he knows that his plans aren't working, why doesn't he hire an advisor?

tardograd2 said:
With his power, wealth and influence, he could kill of all toads, get peach, banish/execute mario, and generally achieve all of his goal. His stupidity is his only obstacle. So, why is he so dumb, and, if he knows that his plans aren't working, why doesn't he hire an advisor?

Why am I responding to that. But eh. I think bowser isn't what we currently think as a ruler. It's a noble one. He fights with respect for his opponents and give them a chance to win because it's in his morals. He isn't stupid, he's just a proud turtle.

I'd argue he's less dumb and more just basic intelligence to which the world he lives in. I mean if we apply real world logic to half the shit in this franchise then there are A LOT of stupid Toads people around.

With his power

Power of what? Transform into a giant pussy like in 3D World. Bowser has always been a joke , and the way to beat him in his debut certifies this.

What wealth? Everybody seems to be rich and white in the Mushroom Kingdom, everybody seems to be able to afford anything Bowser has and more.

and influence

Over who? EVERYBODY HATES BOWSER.

Peach hates him, Mario Hates him, Luigi hates him, Rosalina surely didn't appreciate he stole the power stars and left her and the Lumas stranded , and Daisy surely hates him as well lmao.

Honestly , if thinking it thoughtly Bowser is really a joke, now that everybody has , including Daisy, beaten his ass in 1 way or another at least 1 time.

Swiftie_Luma said:
EVERYBODY HATES BOWSER.

Peach hates him, Mario Hates him, Luigi hates him, Rosalina surely didn't appreciate he stole the power stars and left her and the Lumas stranded , and Daisy surely hates him as well lmao.

Honestly , if thinking it thoughtly Bowser is really a joke, now that everybody has , including Daisy, beaten his ass in 1 way or another at least 1 time.
bowser Jr goombas koopalings bullet bills shy guys firebars chain chomps thwomps dry bones piranha plants lava boos magikoopas will die for him

tldr: bowser is a family man as well as a man of his people

Bowser's army freaking adores the guy. It's everyone he fucks with that can't stand him.

Or at least I would say that but due to the inconsistencies and negative continuity nature of the franchise how people react to him and how competent he is varies.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Power of what? Transform into a giant pussy like in 3D World. Bowser has always been a joke , and the way to beat him in his debut certifies this.
Super-strength, fire breath, power over space and time, the list goes on.

Swiftie_Luma said:
What wealth? Everybody seems to be rich in the Mushroom Kingdom, everybody seems to be able to afford anything Bowser has and more.
The wealth of his nation/planet, that is great enough that it can survive wars back to back, and the wealth he uses to build dozens of racetracks, and a solid gold train, and to buy all the stuff he ought to have bought for all of his children/niblings.

tardograd2 said:
The wealth of his nation/planet, that is great enough that it can survive wars back to back, and the wealth he uses to build dozens of racetracks, and a solid gold train, and to buy all the stuff he ought to have bought for all of his children/niblings.
In the Mushroom Kingdom, coins are just left lying around, pop out of flowers and bricks. I think everyone can get money if they need it. Also, there aren't really a lot of wars going on, and most of the racetracks are just a few roads around his castle (Not like Mario Circuit or Royal Raceway).

Swiftie_Luma said:
Over who? EVERYBODY HATES BOWSER.

I wouldn't necessarily say that Mario and Luigi "hates" him, moreso that they are just disgruntled with him whenever he kidnaps Peach or causes chaos in the Mushroom Kingdom. They don't seem to have any issues with him participating in sports or go-karting and are occasionally pretty forgiving to some of his actions like the ending of Mario Party DS for example.

cgq0v4N.png

BBQ Turtle said:
In the Mushroom Kingdom, coins are just left lying around, pop out of bricks. I think everyone can get money if they need it.
It is quite probable that the koopa kingdom put the blocks there as mini autobanks. The free coins are probably the money of toads before they were transformed.

There's only one person here who deserved to be compared to MatPat and I'm supposed to avoid talking about them. You apologize to Mr. Grad this instant.

Swiftie_Luma said:
The manual for Mario 1 officially stated Bowser dabbled in black magic.

BBQ Turtle said:
tardograd2 said:
In the Mushroom Kingdom, coins just pop out of flowers.
The gold flower is probably either a small terraformer, or a shoddy teleporter

tardograd2 said:
I wasn't talking about the Gold Flower, I was talking about the small ones that appear on grass levels that sometimes give out coins.

BBQ Turtle said:
tardograd2 said:
I wasn't talking about the Gold Flower, I was talking about the small ones that appear on grass levels that sometimes give out coins.
What games are they in?

Definitely New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and perhaps New Super Mario Bros. U. Not all of the flowers do it, but there are some that do it. I think one of the ones in the World 5 cannon level does.

BBQ Turtle said:
Definitely New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and perhaps New Super Mario Bros. U. Not all of the flowers do it, but there are some that do it. I think one of the ones in the World 5 cannon level does.
They are probably hidden stashes of money. It makes litte sene, but it is more sensible than using a currency that is spat out by plants.

Well, weirdly coming out from my mouth, he could be considered a foolish one, because you see, if he was so desperate enough to kill Mario, why would he add self-defeating mechanisms. People would consider that he learned from his mistakes, but he doesn't at all, i mean he adds switches that seem to harm him, what a very persistent fellow :bowser: i tell ya.

I feel this is a recurring trend in Nintendo games. Ganondorf, for instance does the same thing in every Zelda game as well
It's more to create a working plot that the target audience of the games (6-12 year olds mostly) will believe rather than to write an epic saga

Bowser's intelligence, like many things in this series, varies between games/sub-series: In the Paper Mario games, he's a complete idiot and all around joke after the first, in Mario & Luigi he started off the same way but by Dream Team, became far more clever and in the platformers he's implied to be pretty smart/competent considering he almost conquered the universe and actually did take over two kingdoms (one almost entirely behind Mario's back), leaving only his questionable arena design skills. In Super Mario RPG, he even writes a haiku.
He's not the smartest Goomba in the Goomba Tower (Some of the Koopalings might outrank him, same with Kamek, MPDS and Smash both pretty much say Junior's smarter than him) but the dude probably has some serious intellect and he's still the king.

Yeah his intelligence generally varies from thing to thing though I like to think he's not a complete buffoon. Just sort of middling intelligence.

Back