Doki Doki Literature Club

Stargazing

Retired.
Pronouns
They/them
slpB3Mm.png

GET IT HERE! YOU CAN ALSO GET IT HERE!

Please tag all spoilers about the game!

Doki Doki Literature Club is a free visual novel by Team Salvato. It features writing poems and trying to win the hearts of four girls. Sayori: your sweet, optimistic childhood friend, Yuri: the shy, timid one who finds comfort in her books, Natsuki: the deceivingly cute girl with a strong personality, and Monika: the president of the literature club.

Please take the game's warnings seriously. Here is a link to the in-depth explanation of the warnings, which is also the link the game shows you upon starting your first playthrough.

Weasel said:
yeah but can i throw vegetables at people
NINTENDO DOESN'T HAVE A TRADEMARK ON HEARTBEATS

I haven't played this but I've read a lot about it. Most of it spoilers.
It seems like one of those things where in terms of story it's scary in a way I can appreciate but the visuals onscreen are too much for me.

I can imagine myself getting yelled at for thinking this but I believe the fact that it's so meta warrants comparisons to Undertale.

well that was a cute game

i appreciate the way the game points out how the cutesy anime dating sim is wholly unrealistic and would hide a ton of serious mental health issues in real life. in particular i really liked the scene where sayori confesses her depression to you, because that scene in particular was really well written and really hit me hard in how realistic it was

the actual horror stuff was kinda cheesy but i liked it nonetheless. i also really liked a lot of the poetry in this game, though i wish the first part of the game would have gone by a bit quicker

Back