The Button.

Camwoodstock

always lurking in the shadows in appreciation
Pronouns
her/him (&)
MarioWiki
Camwoodstock
There is a button. It means something... Does it? Nobody knows. However, it is there. And--like any good man--the philosophy is that a button must be pressed. But the value goes up the longer one abstains. So what do you do?

Do you press it and go on with your day? Do you abstain from ever pressing it? Do you wait until it's aged to a fine date and then press it? Do you press moments before then to screw someone over?

You better choose wisely...

You can only press once.

Button Was Last Pressed: 11:06:37 AM, October 29th, 2017, by Shy Guy On Wheels
(time is in EST.)

To press the button, Privately Message me on the forums "I press the button" or a variation thereof. Note that even though the values increase as time goes on, the list of values is incomplete, and these values remain hidden until a player achieves a role for it.

Player's Values
  • PURPLE (0h-???) - Camwoodstock, DragonFreak, Stargazing, LED42
  • ??? (???-???) - Nobody yet
  • RED (???d-???d) - Shy Guy On Wheels

Setting a good example for all to play, I will be the first to press the button. You may discuss the game and your plans of action here, before using your one and only press.

Well gee, this doesn't seem familiar at all

Tuxedo Ridley said:
Well gee, this doesn't seem familiar at all
Yeah, this is heavily inspired by /r/thebutton from Reddit's April Fools 2015. Though this one won't end despressingly due to a flaw in a community effort to continue it, because this one has no end! ...discounting the apocalypse.

I'm just gonna say this now; we're well over the range of a few ranks...

Taking initiative again, do you press now, find out what rank it's on, and figure out the missing ones? Do you wait, to see if it goes any higher? How long do you wait? Or does it become moot the moment someone just pushes that button?

I gotta wait ten years before pressing that button; I'll win for sure that way!

I'll let you in on a secret. For the record, for the first few presses, I'm capping the button's time off at a specific value, even if values ABOVE waiting that long exist. You'd be wise to press the button to find values you might otherwise not find; currently, you're not getting anywhere. Question is, which of you are going to do it? You don't know if anyone ELSE is.

Back