How did you find this website?

H8IGHT

Goomba
This is my first ever post, so I really hope it's in the right section lol. Anyway, how did you find this website? I just looked up "mario forum", as I was bored, and it actually came up.
:luigi:

I've been a regular visitor of the Mario Wiki since 2007, I used to study it a lot when I was younger to learn about some of the more obscure games and characters of the series.

As for the boards themself, I didn't notice them until 2014.
:mario:

--

Also welcome to the boards. ^^

Betk4nK.png

And it snowballed from there.

I wanted to write for the 'Shroom back in 2010, so I had to make an account here and thus, I made 30,000 posts and wasted time here.

I was the owner of a small and dead pokemon irc community (which is an origin story in itself), and one day a few people from the mariowiki irc which happened to be on the same server raided my channel, and soon enough I followed them back to theirs and just set up camp. Over time, my dead pokemon irc channel became even more dead, and my participation in the mariowiki community increased as each community began to blend together. Being older than the general population of the mariowiki irc peeps I eventually began to impose my den mother attributes and weaseled my way into getting chat op. In order to access the chat op board I had to be on the forum, so that's why I made a forum account.

a link on wikipedia circa mid-2006 sent me to the wiki

then porple said "hey i'm making a forum" so i thought it was cool enough to sign up for

so i did

then i left, came back, kinda left, came back, got promoted, and stuck around forever

idk i made a mariowiki account one day in 2010 after lurking for like 2 years because of i don't know why anymore and then i was curious and clicked the link to here

i tried to play mafia but tucayo wouldn't let me, then i disappeared for two years woops

blame tucayo tbh

I wanted to take part in the Awards Art Contest, so I created an account here to sign up. Then I disappeared for a while. Then I came back to sot some stuff out for the 'Shroom's Wa-Gallery. Then I disappeared for a while. Then I figured out what the forums actually were, and started posting. And now I spend rather too much time here...

I visited the Mario Wiki on and off a lot since its inception but was never involved in actually editing any articles or the forum or anything. I didn't join this until about a month ago hah

A few years ago, I was an idiotic idiot on the wiki. About a year and a half ago, I started reading the 'Shroom every month, and then I eventually decided to join here.

Read the wiki since... 2009? It was at least third grade, and I'm in eleventh grade now. I then found this forum when I decided to join the wiki community proper (i joined in the past but they never lasted long) in 2017, because I liked The 'Shroom.

Back in second grade, we were told to write a report on something we were passionate about. My mother suggested I write about Super Mario World, the game we played most often, and I agreed. So I went to look up some information, and wound up on the Wiki. I didn't initially make an account, but seven grades later, it's still a part of a life, which is pretty damn cool.

I was aware of the wiki since at latest 2010, where I would go on it to print out pictures of Mario characters, cut them out, and play with them like toys. After that, I didn't go on much until 2015. In the spring of '16, I started getting more curious about the community and I starting reading the 'Shroom. I thought about making an account for a while, and I finally did in Sep. 2016. In November of the same year, I decided to get an account on the forum, and the rest is history.

Dream Team had recently been announced and it was the first upcoming Mario RPG after I turned 18 and was able to reliably access Internet whenever I wanted, as well as that fourth M&L game I had waited for so long. And, yes I wanted another place to hate on Sticker Star/defend Super Paper Mario. I don't remember exactly how I got here but I know my first post was only a couple minutes after I registered and was quoting/replying to a post from 2012 because I jumped the gun to defend SPM when reading the thread. As for the wiki, I had an account there since 2011 but had no idea this forum was part of it when I joined here. Looking at my early wiki contributions is pretty cringe, I put shitty fan theories in pages as if they had credibility at all.

I had seen the wiki beforehand though, and funny enough I think I did the same thing Luigi 64DD did, print out characters, but only in black & white due to the school printer limitations. I'd keep them in my school folders, hidden under other stuff so they wouldn't get viciously torn up by my anti-video-game stepmother :P

Had a thing for editing wikis for a while, tried making my own Mario wiki, people showed me this one

Don't remember what exactly brought me to the forums but I was probably persuaded on irc one day or just an attempt to gain more notoriety in the community

Through MarioWiki. Basically because Bulbapedia have a forum, so I thought: "if Bulbapedia have a forum affiliated with the wiki, then MarioWiki must have it too!", and that's how I found this wiki. I wonder how many people would have found the boards first, because it seems like the wiki is how most are introduced to the boards.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
Through MarioWiki. Basically because Bulbapedia have a forum, so I thought: "if Bulbapedia have a forum affiliated with the wiki, then MarioWiki must have it too!", and that's how I found this wiki. I wonder how many people would have found the boards first, because it seems like the wiki is how most are introduced to the boards.

Thank you for reading.

I technically ended up finding the wiki first, but I joined the forums before I joined the wiki

I was a wee lad when it happened I used to watch Youtube videos about Mario and I saw a lot of games that I didn’t know about and as idiotic as I was, I was like "That’s not a Wii game!"

I got hold of the name of one game eventually and typed it on Google. Found the Wiki. Just need to find the forum. Three months later. I joined September of that year.

Re: The Truth Will Disappoint You

You Really Wanna Know :eek:

alright! Me and some friends of mine are going forum to forum spreading the word on the anti-clan movement i googled: mario kart forums and....here i am! :D i happy to be here, but don't expect anything interesting outta me unless you like mario kart and into clan-boxing and the like...ya know my gaming life in a nutshell :posh:

Since forever ago, wiki sites became more prominent and i noticed that they usually had either accurate or complete information and image galleries.

I enjoyed to read wiki pages of my interests, and i always read the Mario Wiki because it usually was up to date with game news and releases and more info with screenshots.

One day i made an actual account because i thought it could be fun to search for info myself and help edit some pages (lets face it , certain pages were super dead and incomplete for too long) and at the same time i found the Forums button as well.

It all started when my older sister was looking for possible wives for Bowser. This was probably some time around 2012. She found the Super Mario Wiki pages on Cackletta and the Shadow Queen (I am not rating any ships right now). However, I mainly browsed the Mario Wikia until around 2014. I was familiar with the 13+ age rule on Wikia, which was the main reason I didn't create an account on the wiki until late March 2017. That wasn't my 13th birthday (that's in one week); it was when I discovered that the Super Mario Wiki didn't even have an age limit. I could have laughed at myself for waiting so long. I never edited anonymously, as back then I thought that was a serious infringement of privacy (that sounds kinda silly now). I registered under my common username on many sites, YoshiFlutterJump (YFJ for short). Basically, this was my first wiki account.

As for the forums, I didn't even know about them until I edited the Talk:Mario Party: Island Tour page. I saw something called "Card Spaces", but I knew they didn't exist. I couldn't remove it myself because I wasn't autoconfirmed. But that was also when I saw the {{noforumtalk}} template. That was when I first discovered the Super Mario Boards. I joined in late September 2017 also under the name YoshiFlutterJump, as I wanted to write for the 'Shroom. By the way, my first 'Shroom section was in the Strategy Wing of Issue 128. I only recently became super-active on the forums. I currently live on the Counting board, and I really need some help on some of the threads.

Well, I guess that's all I can say about my history here. Nowadays I am active on the forums (especially the Counting board) and somewhat active on the wiki.

Back