Games to play on a deserted island

Noct

Dry Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
So this is usually a fun topic on other forums: basically if you were to find yourself exiled to a deserted island far out into the deep blue beyond the reaches of civilization (that somehow has a TV and manages to consistently keep a seemingly infinite amount of power to run it--erm... don't overthink it) and was able to bring three games with you as well as their respective consoles/handhelds in order to keep yourself from going insane from boredom, what three games would you bring?

It's important to note that this particular island doesn't have a internet connection so you wouldn't be able to download new games or play with friends online, so it would probably be wise to bring games chalk full of content that never get dull or repetitive for you. Something like say Minecraft for example would be the perfect "stuck on a island" game since you would be able to exercise and hone your creativity, or something like Animal Crossing would be a good game to chill to.

Skyrim (especially if mods are available) and maybe civ 5

Minecraft for sure - survival mode can be hugely entertaining for hours and hours even when alone, and I could easily busy myself trying to invent some stuff in creative mode for a very long time

Smash Bros Melee - I'd finally have no excuse not to git gud

Some Warioware game - I always bring one when I'm on vacation somewhere, usually Twisted, because I don't like how Touched fucks up my touch screen, but DIY could be a strong possibility considering how I could also draw and make music on it

I think the key to this game would be ones with highest replayability. Because of that I think for two of them I would pick Binding of Isaac: Rebirth and Terraria. As for the third I would pick my favorite game: Mother 3.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf, because it could be played for years.
I hadn't thought of Minecraft, but now you mention it, I'd definitely pick that.
For the third game, probably a highly replayable game like Luigi's Mansion 2.
All of which, coincidentally, are available on the 3DS.

Left 4 Dead 2, Garry's Mod, and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and with them I have all downloadable mods I could receive, including my own.

Smash Wii U requires an Internet to run (you need Internet for loadiine.ovh)

Garry's Mod is a fine pick so I have the excuse to spend hours on pictures, but Spore + Galactic Adventures is a good pick too for similar reasons. Art is tedious, so why not use that time for art?

Civ 5 is also a good pick since it sucks time from me.

Pretty sure there are permanent homebrew options that don't require internet for Smash 4 Wii U.

Civ 5 for sure, that game's got a ton of replayability and takes ages.

Kirby Air Ride is another easy pick, City Trial for days.

A fighting game would be good, Smash 4 probably.

Three's not enough, I haven't even got a Mario game in there :'(

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - A game that has much to offer
Mario Kart 8 - So I can mess around on it a lot
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Endless 8-player fun

I'd probably bring the aforementioned Minecraft, Pokemon Heartgold and possibly Super Mario Odyssey just because I can see myself easily sinking a unhealthy amount of time into it.

I'd probably bring Tomadachi Life (3DS) as one of them. This would the sort of game I can relax and play.
Instead of Minecraft (PC), I'd bring Terraria (PC) as I enjoy its RPG like elements. This would be the sort of game I would put months into.
Lastly, I would bring a game that I can replay a lot, and enjoy. So Sonic Mania (Switch) would be a good choice to me.

A few other games I would have put on there if I was allowed to bring more than 3 games:
  • Super Mario Maker (Wii U)
  • Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City (Wii)
  • Banjo-Kazooie (N64)
  • Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
  • Mario Party DS (DS)

I can lose myself for hours in Animal Crossing and Spore, so those two. As for a third, maybe a Pokemon game.

metroid prime

sonic generations

melee

somehow i dont think id be playing video games in this situation though

On a deserted island I need smth light, funny and entertaining. It's not so easy to choose one. I played too many games for these years. One of my fav is probably Super Mario Cross at http://www.friv2online.com/. This game is funny, light and available without installation. I like mario games 'coz they remind me of my childhood.

Back