nintendo restricts livestreaming

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2017/9/29/16384236/youtube-nintendo-livestream-monetization

in other news nintendo hates people

Nintendo hates their fans, there is no other way they can be doing this.

Instead, YouTubers have a couple of options. The easiest, albeit disadvantageous option, instructs YouTubers to stream from a different account not associated with Nintendo’s program.

If it isn't apparent already, the Nintendo's Creator Program is a scam, stay well away.

Gonta Gokuhara said:
in other news nintendo hates people

Pretty much but let's be honest, are any of us surprised at this point?

Even I am surprised by this. I could not think that Nintendo would restrict such a big feature for their games.

I hate this Nintendo Creators Program. Honestly if Nintendo could get away with it, so can other companies, as you can see with ATLUS who restricted live streaming and uploading videos on Persona 5, similar to Nintendo.

This is difficult to hear when I used to be a fellow streamer back on ustream, and doing let's plays back in my young adulthood. What does Nintendo expect people to do? It advertises them, and they want to take such away? I know of course people are going around, bypassing rules and leaking roms they are not supposed to. (Looking at you recent people spoiling M&L+Bowser's Minions.)

There goes a good chunk of knowledge and free information on a game you might want to purchase, oops. Might as well go and get that copyright for jumping since everyone is freely doing it! (Sorry for joke.)

Daryl Dixon said:
still waiting for the nintendo fan art ban
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_issues_with_fan_fiction

https://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2010/05/13/the-messy-world-of-fan-art-and-copyright/

relevant

Goddamnit Nintendo. How can you create some of the greatest games to ever exist, and yet be so horrendously incompetent in other fields. They can barely create a functioning online system in 2017, and they have such backwards-ass stance on content creators and fan content. I really want to like you Nintendo but for God's sake get your head out your ass. But I fear as long as the company is still run by a bunch of old men, it's not gonna get better.

You gotta keep in mind how horrendous and outdated some of Japan's copyright laws are in general, ESPECIALLY in the fair use department of things. For all we know, these are only a thing because more conventional systems are unavailable due to Japan's laws.

GalacticPetey said:
Goddangit Nintendo. How can you create some of the greatest games to ever exist, and yet be so horrendously incompetent in other fields. They can barely create a functioning online system in 2017, and they have such backwards-ass stance on content creators and fan content. I really want to like you Nintendo but for God's sake get your head out your ass. But I fear as long as the company is still run by a bunch of old men, it's not gonna get better.
I could've said this years ago.

This stuff is starting to jade me and I think PR issues with fans like this is the reason I can't fully board the hype train of new Nintendo games and Nintendo Directs as much as I could before.

Camwoodstock said:
You gotta keep in mind how horrendous and outdated some of Japan's copyright laws are in general, ESPECIALLY in the fair use department of things. For all we know, these are only a thing because more conventional systems are unavailable due to Japan's laws.
While salty mentioned the restriction of Persona 5, which I find a little bizarre since its publisher, Sega (I think), you'd think is more open toward fans using their products for, well, fan things, this problem seems to be mostly unique to Nintendo. I remember reading in a Youtube comment, of all places, that Nintendo practically has no choice and I think has to follow the artists' wishes even if it contradicts fair use laws in other countries because of the Japanese copyright system.

You should probably realize the game developers and the cock-head executives are two completely different types of people working at Nintendo. You shouldn't take it out the frustrations on the quality games you've got.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Nintendo hates their fans, there is no other way they can be doing this.

*bump*

They are probably eating too many mushrooms from what I heard of.It's still pretty stupid to be exact.

I think that's them sober. If they were on Mushrooms, they'd be like WWE.

Back