what genres of music do you like

Belle

Peace be with you, whoever you are.
Pronouns
He/him
k-pop, thrash metal, and j-pop(<-- mainly vocaloid)

Whatever I'm in the mood for, just with the exception of emo/scene stuff and most modern rap(unless it's ear-r***). There's also some not-so-great stuff that local rock stations play too much of(like Billy Idol) and stuff that I just flat out dislike(Kid Rock) that I'm turned off from. One of my favorite genres of music would have to be Alternative metal because it's essentially hard rock/metal being mixed with other genres, sometimes coming up with some unique styles or catchy melodies. I also love that type of guitar distortion and notes often used in this genre.

Show tunes, classic rock, show tunes, classical, show tunes, video game and movie soundtracks, and finally, more show tunes.

I love me some musical theatre.

J pop, chiptune, occasionally progressive metal or various types of rock/metal

Also almost anything from video games if it's not already in one of those categories

Instrumentals, mainly. It's pleasing to the ears, yet at the same time silent in a sense (no words are spoken).

I am not fond of music that have lyrics mainly because I am not always sure what's being said, and whether what's being said is good. That's why I prefer video game music, as they tend to be instrumental and chiptunes sound in-line with games (if chiptunes are played on shows or film, it's almost always related to video games). Orchestra-style music is great to listen, and the catchy style music like jazz, ragtime and bluegrass catches my attention.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
I am not fond of music that have lyrics mainly because I am not always sure what's being said, and whether what's being said is good.
just imagine vocals as another kind of instrument in a song. You don't have to understand lyrics to like a song. Take me, I don't know the lyrics of ANY of the songs I listen to but I love a lot of songs with lyrics, including ones that are silly, a different language, or complete nonsense.

My genres include the following:

Disco
Funk
Bubblegum dance
Jazz metal
Symphonic metal
Nu metal
Rap metal
Classic metal
Classic rock
Ska
Jazz
Jazz fusion
Classical music
Classical Chinese pop
French pop
New wave
Chiptune

Rap, R&B, pop, country, soundtracks are generally hit or miss for me.

I put pretty much all of these in my Smash Bros. :P

You can explore some genres at Every Noise at Once. They even have a silly genre called "Nintendocore" and I also happen to like it.

I'm going to sue this thread.
Classical, Jazz (especially ragtime), rock (including alternative, progressive, and folk rock), various soundtracks and showtunes, and the works of 1950s political satirist Tom Lehrer.

I like VG OSTs. Within that my favourites are Banjo-Kazooie and it's sequel, Classic Sonic (Mainly 3 & Knuckles) and DKC2.

I can listen to anything but I like mostly alt rock, hard rock, EDM, pop, some metal, pop, and video game music

LeftyGreenMario said:
winstein said:
I am not fond of music that have lyrics mainly because I am not always sure what's being said, and whether what's being said is good.
just imagine vocals as another kind of instrument in a song. You don't have to understand lyrics to like a song. Take me, I don't know the lyrics of ANY of the songs I listen to but I love a lot of songs with lyrics, including ones that are silly, a different language, or complete nonsense.

[Cut]

You can explore some genres at Every Noise at Once. They even have a silly genre called "Nintendocore" and I also happen to like it.

Admittedly, if the vocals are used as instruments or part of the background, such as the New Super Mario Bros. music and the ARMS theme, they are fine, but I am usually wary if they actually speak while singing, especially Metal due to the shouting, unless I know it's inoffensive. An example would be the Sonic R soundtrack. An example of something I am wary about is Final Fantasy X's Otherworld theme, which is pretty non-standard for the series due to being heavy metal with shouting of lyrics.

I mean, while I might not pay attention to the words that are put into the music, I might pick up the subliminal messages from it (except maybe the foreign ones where I don't understand the language), so it's a good idea for me to find out what the music about first.

Amazing that there's a genre of music called "Nintendocore", and on the page "Sega" is amazingly there too (maybe it's supposed to be "Segacore"?).

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
Amazing that there's a genre of music called "Nintendocore", and on the page "Sega" is amazingly there too (maybe it's supposed to be "Segacore"?).

Which reminds me, there's some Russian hip-hop artist named "N1NT3NDO" and it has nothing to do with Nintendo, so I found that name really really bizarre.

Anyway, my favorite genres

Metal
Nu Metal
Funk
Jazz Funk
Disco
Aggrotech
Eurobeat
House (like hip house and disco house)
Salsa
Samba (Latin stuff in general is gr8)
Symphonic Metal
Reggae
Punk Rock
C-Pop
Orchestra
Rock
Ska
French Pop

Pretty sameish with my twin with some very slight differences, in that I typically like more funky, aggressive music, so stuff like industrial metal or dance-y funk stuff is more suited to me. There's SO MUCH MORE genres to explore, though, and I definitely enjoy using Every Noise at Once to explore and open up my palette.

winstein said:
Admittedly, if the vocals are used as instruments or part of the background, such as the New Super Mario Bros. music and the ARMS theme, they are fine, but I am usually wary if they actually speak while singing, especially Metal due to the shouting, unless I know it's inoffensive. An example would be the Sonic R soundtrack. An example of something I am wary about is Final Fantasy X's Otherworld theme, which is pretty non-standard for the series due to being heavy metal with shouting of lyrics.

I mean, while I might not pay attention to the words that are put into the music, I might pick up the subliminal messages from it (except maybe the foreign ones where I don't understand the language), so it's a good idea for me to find out what the music about first.
Honestly, if you just listen to more music, I find that you'll be less sensitive to swearing and drug references and not be so fixated on the lyrics unless they're really distracting because the music itself isn't that interesting to listen to, but a lot of songs and artists don't have either of that. You can check out licensed songs like in Donkey Konga games and you'll notice there are more songs like those than you think.

The Final Fantasy's Otherworld theme is all right IMO but it sounds like a screamer to me but way less aggressive, slower-paced, and more instrumental than you think.

pretty much anything as long as it's good, though my favourites are probably new wave, synthpop, post-punk, hip hop, jangle pop, alternative dance, alternative and indie in general, idm...etc

according to popular music tracker last.fm my most played artists over the past year are

gQg7a2Y.jpg

not totally accurate but maybe a good median

i think i found the thing you used and did the same;

jO1y5AT.jpg

I've been feeling out for more music at least a little lately. But I definitely think I'm big into many types of Metal, Hard Rock, and/or Grunge/Post-Grunge music. I like mostly stuff I can rock to that energizes me. It helps alot when I need to do something productive.

Eurobeat, eurobeat, eurobeat...

Just kidding, not my only thing I am into. I like industrial rock, power metal, black metal, and can't list all of them.

I am also into kinda weird 70s, 60s, and 50s scifi music.

ForteReborn said:

Just kidding, not my only thing I am into. I like industrial rock, power metal, black metal, and can't list all of them.

Eurobeat is freaking amazing. Do you listen to Initial D's soundtrack?

Baby Luigi said:
ForteReborn said:

Eurobeat is freaking amazing. Do you listen to Initial D's soundtrack?

As a matter of fact, yes, most of all of it. I am a car fan, and like some of the brands used for drifting so I end up falling in love with the series, and music history originating from where drifting was invented from.

I especially love Powerful T, Manual, and a few others I come across. So I can't exactly name them all the top of my head, but I have saved several hours of endless eurobeat soundtracks while driving, or playing games to fuel my experience.

I even save fanmade eurobeat stuff of other songs that I heard turned into the genre.

I have most of their discography. My favorites are Rage your Dream, Move / Around the World, Move - Break Into the Night, Power Two, Speed Lover, Speed of Light, Let's Go, Come On, Speed Car, Looka Bomba, Go Beat Crazy. There's also a lot more I haven't listed.

I'm also a car person as well. I love cars. I like the Cars movie, I love car merchandise, and I enjoy drawing characters in the shape of cars. Embarrassingly, though, I've never actually seen the Initial D anime or read the manga. It's something I want to do at some point.

Baby Luigi said:
I have most of their discography. My favorites are Rage your Dream, Move / Around the World, Move - Break Into the Night, Power Two, Speed Lover, Speed of Light, Let's Go, Come On, Speed Car, Looka Bomba, Go Beat Crazy. There's also a lot more I haven't listed.

I'm also a car person as well. I love cars. I like the Cars movie, I love car merchandise, and I enjoy drawing characters in the shape of cars. Embarrassingly, though, I've never actually seen the Initial D anime or read the manga. It's something I want to do at some point.

I have quite a ton of good sample sets if you want some one day. Some are mixed together and I ended up learning new songs through those mixes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1KQ1wXA7zU&t=1218s

This is a good one to listen to, has quite a good amount of tunes that I enjoyed and found them.

Also, I collect diecast, go to shows and my dad did drag racing. I do a little stuff for cars here and there, also draw them to. I happen to like the C4 Corvette, and alike.

Haha, this is great, though all I have is Super Eurobeat 161-195. I'll also share this with LeftyGreenMario, my twin, who is also a Eurobeat fan.

Thanks for sharing!

Back