2017-18 NFL Season (Eagles Are This Year's Champions)

Who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl?

• New England Patriots

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Philadelphia Eagles

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

SonicMario

Star Spirit
Are you ready for some football?!

Yep it's that time again, it's Football Season. And a new season of dramatic games for all 32 teams in the league begins.

As a Lions fan, I'm not sure what to expect from them this year. I could see the potential to improve on last year. Maybe even get a Playoff Win. But I also wouldn't be surprised if they regressed at least a little bit. They have quite a bit of a tough schedule (At least on paper) in the first half of the Season.

Though let me start on that opening game last night. While it is just Week 1 and the Patriots could easily work on any current issues, they hardly looked like a contender at all last night. I do think they'll bounce back and in fact think they'll probably have a great game against the Saints next week. But if they don't, that may be significant reason to place some doubt on a Patriots team that many before the season thought were a shoe-in to return to the Super Bowl. Whether it's due to a Super Bowl Hangover, Brady's age starting to catch up to him, Edelman's injury, the Madden curse, etc. the Patriots didn't look like the Patriots for most of last night.

Re: 2017-18 NFL Season

My hopes for my Raiders are the highest they have been in 14 years. Let's see how Week 1 plays out.

Interesting start to the season thus far. Lions looked a lot better then I was expecting. Though the Cardinals offense are on the aging side of things. But still to be only down 1 point after the insane amount of events that would of definitely cost them the game against better teams (Like a punt returner who foolishly decided to try to run the ball from the endzone instead of just taking a knee).

And the Giants looked vulnerable in their loss to the Cowboys. So maybe there's a chance the Lions go up 2-0 next week if they can keep up the effort they had in the 2nd half of the Cardinals game.

Man, I fully expected the Lions to lose to the Falcons. But did it really have to happen in a controversial fashion like it did?

I suppose I could take a positive is that they played close with the NFC Champs. But the difference between 2-1 and the moral victory of that and 3-0 and a stunning upset that would of surprised the football world was literally on a inconclusive call and a dumb rule that even if down didn't allow the Lions to mount at least one more play to try to win the game.

I don't feel quite as bad as similar robbed games like the Hail Mary two years ago or the Playoff game in Dallas 3 years ago. But it sucks to have yet another game seemingly decided by the refs for the Lions :/

Playoffs are almost here. Lions still technically have a chance to make it. But I don't have the expectations for it.

That Patriots-Steelers game on Sunday night had a pretty crazy ending. Steelers got Calvin Johnson rule'd. The rule makes it hard to know sometimes when a catch is a catch but it was technically the right call.

Also the Packers won't be in the playoffs this year due to the Falcons win yesterday. So... yay.

Northern Verve said:
Playoffs are almost here. Lions still technically have a chance to make it. But I don't have the expectations for it.

That Patriots-Steelers game on Sunday night had a pretty crazy ending. Steelers got Calvin Johnson rule'd. The rule makes it hard to know sometimes when a catch is a catch but it was technically the right call.

Also the Packers won't be in the playoffs this year due to the Falcons win yesterday. So... yay.
GO FALCONS!!! They have a shot at making it into the Super Bowl again this year and getting back the title

Lions out of playoff contention. But ever since the Thanksgiving game this year I knew they weren't contenders this year. Even if they had made it, they likely wouldn't have been able to get a win. It was the Vikings year in the NFC North, the NFC South for the exception of the Bucs were all good teams this year. And both the Falcons and the Seahawks (One of those 2 teams will get the final spot in the NFC side of the playoffs) I feel have a better chance to at least make a game competitive then the Lions do.

But there are a few things that also make me happy.

1. Already mentioned before, but the Packers aren't in the Playoffs
2. The Cowboys won't be in the playoff thanks to the loss to the Seahawks
3. The Lions may finally not be the only franchise to go 0-16 since the last game the Browns is on the road against a pretty good Steelers team. Which might still be playing for a first round bye and/or #1 Seed in Week 17. I wasn't even following the Lions much back when they had that infamous year. But it'd still be nice to not be the only franchise with that kind of black mark on history
4. I don't have a huge grudge against any of the teams left in the playoffs. I can be totally neutral and just hope for some good games on every Playoff game this year.

Draggadonyoshi said:
Northern Verve said:

GO FALCONS!!! They have a shot at making it into the Super Bowl again this year and getting back the title
Excuse me while I go vomit.

Rip Broncos, we'll do better next year

In the meantime hang in there Seahawks

GalacticPetey said:
Draggadonyoshi said:
Northern Verve said:

I take it you're a patriots fan?

Draggadonyoshi said:
GalacticPetey said:
Draggadonyoshi said:
Northern Verve said:

Carolina. The Falcons make me sick.

GalacticPetey said:
Draggadonyoshi said:
GalacticPetey said:
Draggadonyoshi said:
Northern Verve said:

Carolina. The Falcons make me sick.
Ah ok. Then there's the geographic rivalry
But a lot of people, namely Falcons fans were pissed off when the Patriots won last year. Patriots getting the title is becoming almost so regular now that it makes the Super Bowl not interesting.

Lions sweep the Packers for the first time in a long while. AND the Lions aren't the only 0-16 team anymore with the Browns loss today. Lions may have not made the playoffs this year. But this was a good way to end things off.

Now off to the playoffs. Without any Packers or Cowboys this time.

dawg_pound.jpg

Re: 2017-18 NFL Season (Playoffs are here!)

And we now know the entire Playoff Picture

AFC:
(6) Bills @ (3) Jaguars
(5) Titans @ (4) Chiefs

(Lowest Seed Remaining) @ (1) Patriots
(Highest Seed Remaining) @ (2) Steelers

NFC:
(6) Falcons @ (3) Rams
(5) Panthers @ (4) Saints

(Lowest Seed Remaining) @ (1) Eagles
(Highest Seed Remaining) @ (2) Vikings

Congrats to the Bills for making it for the first time since 1999

Well that Titans-Chiefs game turned out to be better then expected. And the Titans even pulled off an upset. Now the Patriots hypothetically have the easiest path to the AFC Championship. Because either they play the Titans or the Bills. The Patriots owned the latter twice in the season, and as gritty the Titans were in their upset of the Chiefs. I don't know if the Patriots make the same mistakes the Chiefs do. Especially in Foxboro.

Meanwhile there's Falcons-Rams as playoff experience wins over an up-and-coming team. Falcons will face the Eagles. Who had the unfortunate luck of losing their Starter late in the season and the backup hasn't looked good enough to win. Falcons may at least have a good road to the NFC Championship.

Bills-Jaguars was a bit of a snooze-fest. But as expected, Jaguars won and they'll face the Steelers. Which will be interesting since the Jags actually blew out the Steelers early in the Season. We'll just have to see how much the teams have changed since then.

And the Panthers at least had a chance to pull it out, but they fell to the Saints for the 3rd time this season. And now it will be Saints and Vikings. Should be a good game between those two.

For Titans-Patriots. Something will have to go horribly wrong for the Patriots to lose that one. The Titans defense might keep it close early on, but the Patriots being the Patriots will likely be able to open it up in the 2nd half.

Mentioned the Eagles and Falcons them in the last post before . But it's certainly going to be strange for a 6 seed to actually be favored over a 1-seed. But that's where both teams are what with Eagles without Wentz, and the Falcons finding a groove that brought them with a nice quiet win over the Rams.

And the Falcons are out. We'll have a new NFC Champion this year. And a bit of a surprise since they were taken down by an Eagles team without their Starter. But this game either proved the Eagles defense can be that dangerous or the Atlanta Offense has regressed that much from last year. If not for the some bad turnovers, the Falcons would of hardly scored anything. And their offense that just hasn't had the same spark as last year just couldn't get the job done. Eagles will need to keep up the low scoring game if they want to be able to beat the Saints or the Vikings though.

And to no one's surprise. The Patriots blew out the Titans onto their 7th straight AFC Title game. They probably could be favored to get back to the Super Bowl too. Whether the Steelers or Jaguars make it. The Steelers have had a bad history in Foxboro as of late not to mention they kinda let the Patriots get in their head. The Steelers nearly beat them at Heinz Field if not for the Calvin Johnson rule and a terrible decision that resulted in an interception that would give Seahawks fans PTSD. But there's something about the Patriots when in Foxboro that just get in many of the Steelers (especially Mike Tomlin's) minds. And as for the Jaguars, their defense is dangerous. But Bortles needs to do alot more then he's done recently to even have a shot at pulling out a win in Foxboro.

Wow were both games awesome today

Steelers despite an admirable comeback attempt just found it's match with the Jaguars once again. Perhaps they were looking ahead to the Patriots too fast or the Jags just have the Steelers number. But either way an emotional season ends for the Steelers. With the Jaguars against the Patriots it could be about which team shows up, the one which only scored 10 against the Bills or the one that maintained the lead and scored over 40. It also may depend on what kind of day Brady has. If they have the same silent dominance they had on the Titans and if the Jaguars is even a little suspect (Like in some of their recent Regular Season games where they lost to the 49ers (Noticably led by former 2nd-string Patriots QB Jimmy Garoppalo) and the Titans the Patriots will probably take advantage.

And wow that Saints-Vikings game that came down to the final moments. Congrats to the Vikings. They have a good chance at making it so for the first time the Super Bowl is technically a home game for a team considering they have a much better and consistent offense then the Falcons had. And a strong defense. The Eagles might give them some fits, but even though both teams lost their Starters during the season it's pretty clear Keenum is better then Foles.

Re: 2017-18 NFL Season (Super Bowl 52: New England Patriots Vs. Philadelphia Eagles)

And our Super Bowl is set. As it turns out it will be a rematch of Super Bowl 39 between the Patriots and the Eagles.

The Jaguars got a great effort and had a shot at taking out the Patriots. But once again Brady adds yet another big game comeback to add to his legacy and took them to their 3rd Super Bowl in 4 years.

And the Eagles surprised everyone by absolutely dominating the Vikings when this was expected to be battle of defenses. Either the Vikings defense got too carried away after the emotional win last week. Or Foles has really turned it up. Or perhaps the Eagles are just that good in a hyped up Home atmosphere. They'll have a neutral field next time so we'll see what it really was.

Too bad for the Vikings though, they were one game away from being able to play the Super Bowl in their own stadium. That's gotta sting.

Re: 2017-18 NFL Season (Super Bowl 52: New England Patriots Vs. Philadelphia Eagles)

Patriots again? The NFL needs new writers.

I hadn't posted here in a long while mainly because this season was so hard to watch for me. After last season, this one was a very tough reality check. But hopefully we can turn it around next season, I really hope Gruden returns us to 2016 form. I didn't like the firing of del Rio but oh well, that's our unpredictable ownership.

But I went to the Raiders-Patriots game so that's good!! We lost terribly, but hey I finally got to see my Raiders live.

I wanted the Jaguars and the Vikings to win today but I went 0-2 lol. I frankly don't care either way between the Pats and the Eagles. I'll be rooting for the Eagles if only because of a bet with my gf, but I won't mind if the Patriots win.

guess i'm just watching for the commercials then

Northern Verve said:
And our Super Bowl is set. As it turns out it will be a rematch of Super Bowl 39 between the Patriots and the Eagles.

The Jaguars got a great effort and had a shot at taking out the Patriots. But once again Brady adds yet another big game comeback to add to his legacy and took them to their 3rd Super Bowl in 4 years.

And the Eagles surprised everyone by absolutely dominating the Vikings when this was expected to be battle of defenses. Either the Vikings defense got too carried away after the emotional win last week. Or Foles has really turned it up. Or perhaps the Eagles are just that good in a hyped up Home atmosphere. They'll have a neutral field next time so we'll see what it really was.

Too bad for the Vikings though, they were one game away from being able to play the Super Bowl in their own stadium. That's gotta sting.
This is all just a game to Tom Brady
he just lets his opponents get big leads
then breaks their hearts
also fuck the vikings 29 playoff appearances 0 league titles

This was an excellent game that went pretty back and forth. But the Eagles managed to pull it off. Both teams had great offense, Eagles just made a few more plays that tilted the game to them. Congratulations to the Eagles.

The Patriots still have 2014 and 2016 for recent good memories so as much as Patriots fans would of liked to have boasted to have been able to do a 3 out of 4 twice with Brady-Belichick they should have some cushion (If they had won, I doubt this win would of been as special as 28-3 or even the one in 2014 on the last minute interception). But there's no doubt there's still a few years where they could be there again to try again for 6. They're still one of the greatest ever in their jobs and even if this turns out to be their last Super Bowl together that legacy cannot be denied.

Back