Author Topic: Luigi 64DD's attempts at art  (Read 2290 times)

Isabelle

• Christmas puppy. Technically not a pup, but what would you call a dog this adorable?
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • Dog Waifu. Also 8 posh emotes reside here.
    • View Profile
Re: Luigi 64DD's attempts at art
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2018, 03:10:38 PM »
Well count me interested to see whatever you're up to showin'.

Czario

• Am I Russian or Italian, though?
  • Dry Bowser
  • Luigi 64DD
  • I play Tetris, I guess...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2018, 07:23:32 PM »
Hello my friends, I once again took way too long to finish my drawings. But take heart! The wait is over. First of all, here is one of the drawings I said I would draw last time I updated this thread (besides the Art Contest update): my drawing of Marie!

Spoiler: Marie (click to show/hide)

I know a certain user may be disappointed as shell, but that user need not worry as I plan (emphasis on plan) to get their drawing done in the next two weeks. Anyway, I tried to draw this one by using my own style of drawing humans rather than just following the reference. The end result probably isn't all that different, but I thought I'd note that. I'm pretty satisfied with this drawing. I'm a little worried that something like the incident with my OC's hand is gonna happen, but hopefully my judgement is better now. Also, here's a lighter version of the drawing since scanning colored pencil drawings is still stupid annoying and I was super indecisive about which version was better. Now that I have finished this picture, I challenge Koops to draw Isabelle. Can't let me gain the upper hand in the Waifu War, after all!  :evilgrin:

Next up we have the maniacal alchemist himself, Plague Knight! You've seen him here before, but now he's in full color!

Spoiler: Plague Knight (click to show/hide)

I colored his cloak and the other blue parts by lightly coloring it with a normal pencil and then using a blue colored pencil over it. I wasn't sure if it would work at first, but I think it turned out rather well if I do say so myself.

One last note is that I finally broke down and downloaded GIMP in order to correct the colors of the scans. I have finally transcended MS Paint, huzzah! Maybe I'll even try digital drawing again now that I have an art program that it isn't really tedious to do them with. Feel free to leave feedback on these drawings, and I'll get to working on that next drawing that I have been shelling you about soon!   

Isabelle

• Christmas puppy. Technically not a pup, but what would you call a dog this adorable?
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2018, 10:30:08 PM »
You want me to draw Isabelle?

Well I already drew a cybernetic version of Isabelle in the past and TPG, Roserade AND SGoW liked it (despite the fact that she didn't have any octagons). If that one looked nice, I wonder how good will the fleshy, real, 100% hug material Isabelle will be!

This waifu war is just as good as mine to win!

Though your drawings did progress since last few ones I've seen from you... you did win in the beginner category of the Art Contest after all...

Also what user is disappointed as shell?

Oh... I see what you did there, goose.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 10:33:16 PM by Lucario »

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special

• "It's Christmas again. It will never be the sa-a-a-a-ame. I know there's only sadness in my so-o-o-o-ul."
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2018, 05:30:59 PM »
I colored his cloak and the other blue parts by lightly coloring it with a normal pencil and then using a blue colored pencil over it. I wasn't sure if it would work at first, but I think it turned out rather well if I do say so myself.
Layering with colored pencils is standard practice among professionals. Experiment with other colors. Start light like always and gradually build up the colors. It helps getting actual cloth reference.
"Mario begins his ascension to the celestial realm, Luigi spontaneously becomes a twitching pile of boneless flesh and Daisy is nonchalantly like 'this is fine'." -NanoRim

Czario

• Dry Bowser
  • Luigi 64DD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2018, 08:47:09 PM »
So, it's been almost three weeks (not two weeks) since my last update, so I took a little longer than planned (not that that's surprising in the slightest). Regardless, my drawing of a user who is one shell of a guy is now done, but it looks like he brought company. Family, to be precise:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The shelled dude himself Koops is here, along with his brothers Toadgamer and the Lil' Toad. 'Now, wait a minute', you may be thinking, 'who is the Lil' Toad?' Well, he is Koops' and Toadgamer's younger brother. I've heard him mentioned from time to time by them, so I decided to include him in this drawing, represented by a happy yellow Toad. I don't know what his OC will actually look like if he ever joins the forum, but he's free to base it on this if he wants to or completely go against it if he doesn't. In any case, he's looking rather excited with his Neon Red Joy-Con. Koops is quizzically looking at something down the street, while Toadgamer looks at it with some annoyance. What they are looking at is up to your imagination. Also, don't overlook those logos up there, as I've been doing those for most of the users I've drawn. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with this drawing.

Up next: I'm not sure yet, actually. It could be Isabelle if I feel like making Koops have to draw Marie, a certain secondary waifu (not Isabelle), a user who surprisingly has more than 8 sides, or a user who has two favorite numbers which add up to 159.

Waterfall of Flab

• Considering Miyamoto's love for repeated names, I suppose I'm Wario Wario.
  • King Bowser
  • Moldomré
  • I'm-a WARIO. I'M-A GONNA WIN!
    • View Profile
    • Planet Minecraft Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2018, 09:31:26 PM »
You draw users, eh?
Why not draw me?
Unless you don't take requests.

Isabelle

• Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2018, 11:35:29 PM »
His favorite character ain't Toad tho... it's Mario.

But if they're both Toads but not me... does that mean... that I'm... a... a... ADOPTED?

Czario

• Dry Bowser
  • Luigi 64DD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2018, 11:57:33 PM »
You draw users, eh?
Why not draw me?
Unless you don't take requests.
As the first post of this thread says, I mainly just draw the users I feel like drawing rather than taking requests. However, I wouldn't be opposed to drawing you (in fact, the thought crossed my mind before you posted this). Still, I have several other drawings in my mind that are frankly higher priority at the moment. If/when I draw you, I might add some things so that you are represented by more than just a generic pink Yoshi. In fact, if you want to add anything to your character to make it more unique, feel free to do so.

His favorite character ain't Toad tho... it's Mario.

But if they're both Toads but not me... does that mean... that I'm... a... a... ADOPTED?

Well, we'll see what he truly becomes if he ever joins the forum.

It doesn't necessarily mean you're adopted. Maybe your mother was a Toad and your father was a human! ...Then again, I'm not sure if it works that way in this universe...   

Isabelle

• Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2018, 09:50:13 AM »
Also I like how there's a red joycon in his hand.

Useless but cool details are cool.

Waterfall of Flab

• Considering Miyamoto's love for repeated names, I suppose I'm Wario Wario.
  • King Bowser
  • Moldomré
  • I'm-a WARIO. I'M-A GONNA WIN!
    • View Profile
    • Planet Minecraft Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2018, 01:27:26 PM »
Li'l Toad will obviously grow up to be Kooper wearing a Luigi hat.

Snoadgamer

• Always ready for Christmas
  • King Bowser
  • Toadgamer
  • Snoad also known as Snow Toad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2018, 08:40:39 AM »
Nice!

And this is a proof that my OC actually is Bucken Berry.

Also I love the fact that Yellow Toad is my little brother, even though his favourite character is Mario.
I need questions! | My wiki page
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!