Koops' 'Shroom sections (Travel Guide, open for suggestions)

Koops

Agony
Pronouns
He/They
MarioWiki
ManKoops
Yes, people! I finally have decided to apply for the 'Shroom! Yaaaaaayyyyyyy! I'm writing the travel guide, which I thought is a good section for me to write, because I don't know.

Anyway, Here're the links for now. Enjoy!

Issue 125: Prism Island
Issue 126: Toad City
Issue 128: The Underwhere
Issue 129: Snowball park
Issue 132: More Prism Island
Issue 139: Coconut Mall
Issue 141: Buncha locations...

And also, can you please give me feedback so that I know what I should do in the future to make my sections better?

Suggestions are open! Suggest away!

Re: Koops' 'Shroom sections (Travel Guide).

A bit late on the updte, but Issue 126 of the 'Shroom has been released!

Now I noticed a few mistakes while rereading my section that I fixed yesterday, sended them to MCD in a hurry, but there sure are some I missed.

Anyway, here it is.

Issue 126: Toad City

Bumping this to say that this issue's Travel Guide was the best one you've written so far. The writing was entertaining and the illustrations added to the humor well. Good job!

Thank you so much! Btw, here is the quick link I forgot to put earlier.

Issue 128: The Underwhere

Enjoy! (For those who haven’t read yet)

So once again, I forgot to put the link when the issue came out.

Way to go Koops, we're going places!

Anyway here it is.

Issue 129: Snowball park

Have a nice read!

Also double post but just to thank the 'Shroom staff for putting my sections in their SOTM as of late. It really means a lot.

Let me clarify something...

Apparently my section wasn’t fully uploaded when the Issue got released, so if it looks bad to you, you'd know the reason.

My biggest problem is that I had to send it to MK because apparently MCD isn’t around at the moment, and the fact that my timezone is like 10 hours away of the one in which you americans reading this live in. So by the time the message warning me of MCD's absence got sent to me, I was asleep.

Please excuse the delayed quality of my section. It should be right in about not so long.

Two travel guide writers meet, one far superior to the other. (Hint: You.)

ArchagentEverlasting said:
Two travel guide writers meet, one far superior to the other. (Hint: You.)

If that’s a way to say my section was cool, then thanks!

Also it’s a bit messed up in some places because of whatever reasons that got in the way but overall, it still looks good. These last words were things in a message I sent to MCD so please ignore them. Anyway here’s a link!

Issue 132: More Prism Island

Also kinda late on that statement but credit to FTG because the artwork of Huey I used belongs to him.

Didn’t want to be guilty of copyright infringement or anything.

I've noticed you've been improving your drawings a bit. Keep it up! :bowser:

Speech bubbles and dialogue segments can be tricky, though. With your back-and-forth parts like with Huey at the end I would try doing something that makes each part a bit more easily distinguishable, such as bolding the name of the speaker of each line, or little heads like in the interview portion of Ltq's Anniversary Announcements. I would also try to experiment with having the text wrap around the images so there's less blank space, and see if this works for how you want your section to flow. These are just some things to try since I enjoy reading your section and enjoy seeing steady improvement!

Will definitely look into that, thanks for your feedback! ;)

So I don’t know if anyone knows that but, well, just some kind of little announcement.

I’m open for suggestions! Feel free to suggest any location in the Marioverse (or even maybe Zelda or Kirby universes, I may consider one day.) I may consider visiting any location suggested in the future.

Issue 139: Coconut Mall

Your wish has been fulfilled, master. You may now release me from under your disposition.

AH!

Oh hey, Anton, what's going on? It's like I've been hypnotized... what happened?

Anyway, here it is at last, Coconut Mall! I told you I consider requests! And I made this one come true.

It says I'm going to Alola somewhere near the end, but that ain't the truth... in reality, I am preparing a big journey across many Nintendo universes! Something you should probably look forward to, because you might just like it.

No Grass-type Pokemon have been targeted during the making of this section, rest assured.

Unless Piantas are Pokemon.

I notice that you didn't say users based on Grass-type Pokemon were not targeted, just Grass-type Pokemon. My friend, you would make a good lawyer. ;)

Good thing I remembered to do this now.

Remember what? Putting a link, of course! Those nasty Ganondorfs been swarming around my house at night these days, gotta find a way to hold 'em down.

Issue 141: Buncha locations...

Since the issue is Smash themed, I decided to co-host this issue with five Nintendo characters of my choice. As you can see, ...

Those are my future mains when I get Smash. Hopefully on Christmas... enjoy, everyone!

(Can't believe I still might have to wait after Christmas man...)

So...

Daily (not daily but I like having the word there) reminder that you can suggest a location to be visited and reviewed for this month's 'Shroom issue so I don't dwell on it myself until there's one day left like last time! Every suggestion may get considered, although if not, that must mean I'm not very documented on the location in qiestion, but it never hurts to try to suggest, you know!

Oh and a big thank you to all who read last issue for voting mine! It's the first time I dominate SOTM, so basically what I'm trying to say is... thanks for the time you put into reading my work!

We've seen Koops brave the marketing tricks and spending sprees of Coconut Mall, but can he handle a true tourist trap? How would he do in The Fights! The Glory! The Hot Dogs! of Glitzville?

Alternatively, it might be nice to see you take it easy for a month, and check into Hotel Delfino at the lovely Sirena Beach, with all that entails...

Back