Author Topic: Lakituthequick's occasional art  (Read 2822 times)

Lakituthequick

• with lowercase T and Q
  • Awards Committee
  • Celestial Guide
  • Rest in Peace, Walkazo 😢
    • View Profile
Re: Lakituthequick's occasional art
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2018, 12:27:18 PM »
Happy month of Luigi! To celebrate, this month's It's aMAZEing features Luigi's cap!

Check out the maze this became right here!

This month's Anniversary Announcements also feature some new interviewee sprites!

MrConcreteDonkey
Stargazing

Both of these have been created from scratch, with a bit of reference to Peach for Stargazing.
There is also GBAToad's sprite, but that's just the sprite of Ms. GBAToad from Awards Mafia last year, with a normal Toad's face instead.

I also did the team backgrounds in The 'Shroom this month. Check them out in the paper!

Lakituthequick

• with lowercase T and Q
  • Awards Committee
  • Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2018, 11:06:23 AM »
And we're back! This month, It's aMAZEing features another sports ball, the volleyball! Here is the base figure!

Simple enough!

Check out the maze I made this into right here!

Also this month is a new Anniversary Announcements with two interviews, one of which has a semi-new sprite!

NEXandGBX

This is mostly a recolour of an existing Lilligant sprite, but with some additional changes to the flower (it's a bit smaller than the original).
BLOF's sprite was made by herself, with my only change in the length of the spike on the helmet.

YoshiFan2012

• Um...Hello?
  • Goomba
  • *Gulps down a Goomba*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2018, 02:12:04 PM »
Nice!
Aka Wobo

Lakituthequick

• with lowercase T and Q
  • Awards Committee
  • Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2018, 05:54:21 PM »
Fashionably two weeks late with this but here we go anyway. It's aMAZEing of August is the Special Cup's crown!
This is in celebration of the awards that happened this month, but also to celebrate this section winning the Best 'Shroom Section Artwork award! Thanks to everyone who voted!

Check out the maze I made this gem into right here!

Although this month's Anniversary Announcements did not have Committee Interviews, it was planned that Shoey featured. I did make him a sprite however, and it'd be a shame if that went into the closet.

Shoey

And of course, thanks to everyone who voted for Anniversary Announcements in Best 'Shroom Section Design and got me in first here too!

Coming up next eventually:
  • Awards presentation BTS
  • Anniversary Scavenger design stuffs

Lakituthequick

• with lowercase T and Q
  • Awards Committee
  • Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2018, 05:19:10 PM »
I said I was going to post all the user art of Anniversary Scavenger in this thread and I haven't done so yet. So I'm doing that right now.
If you want drawings of the other cards, open an image in a new tab and try tampering with the URL. You'll probably get there.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It was an interesting challenge to make some of these drawings. Y'see, I can't really draw that well.
Thus, nearly all images have been created by importing a reference image into Inkscape, and I then traced it. This allowed for me to choose consistent line thicknesses and easily tweak individual components to complete the drawings.

However, not every subject has readily available art that I can simply trace. Some things don't have 3D artwork, others are not in a pose I'd like, some users are original characters with a capital O or wear clothes the character they are derived of don't.
For this reason I have also thrown together some models in 3ds Max, posed them, and then traced a screenshot of that. I also have in instances Frankensteined several artwork pieces together and filled in the gaps.

These also took a lot of time, which ate some of my plans for presentations I had and overal stuff I wanted to do, so I'm not doing this exact same thing anytime soon. I have plenty of things I want to do for the awards and I'd like to actually do them next time, including the thing I imply in this thread.
This is also the reason I'm not planning on running this game next year. But don't worry, I have plenty of ideas noted down for the next time. 2020 probably.

There is not really a deep story behind the visual theme of this Anniversary Scavenger. Last year it was stickers, with an album roughly based on the badge collection in Mario Party DS.
The obvious follow up was cards, with a theme strongly based upon Paper Mario: Colour Splash in all parts. Camwood called it, although I didn't do the paint thing yet.
I also did some funky things with the album such that you can click on the cards and the back button would actually correctly navigate in between the things, including the back button on smartphones. That was pretty fun to experiment with. Didn't work in Internet Explorer but it neatly falls back in that one.

So yeah, I hope you all like the free art of your OC's and the others as well! Thanks again for signing up and for playing!

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special

• "It's Christmas again. It will never be the sa-a-a-a-ame. I know there's only sadness in my so-o-o-o-ul."
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2018, 05:22:31 PM »
Just a teensy nitpick: my overall buttons should be white, and the overalls should be browner, but I don't have any complaints beside those. Sorry. ^^'
"Mario begins his ascension to the celestial realm, Luigi spontaneously becomes a twitching pile of boneless flesh and Daisy is nonchalantly like 'this is fine'." -NanoRim

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2018, 05:46:17 PM »
You say you don't draw well, but I really like this simplified look. Great job with this, can't wait to see what you do next year (if anything)!

Lakituthequick

• with lowercase T and Q
  • Awards Committee
  • Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2018, 05:50:14 PM »
Just a teensy nitpick: my overall buttons should be white, and the overalls should be browner, but I don't have any complaints beside those. Sorry. ^^'
I followed exactly the colour scheme of the SSB reference you linked to plus your note on the eye colour. Glad you liked it though!

You say you don't draw well, but I really like this simplified look. Great job with this, can't wait to see what you do next year (if anything)!
Thanks! As mentioned, I don't plan to do this next year, but I do have some plans for the next time!

Рождественский Малыш Луиджи

• Nick, you need to find a woman who hates herself, she'll love you.
  • Awards Committee
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 Патриотическая
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2018, 06:27:28 PM »
I really wish I just sent you my model file instead, she's fully rigged and all. Judging from my artwork, I knew exactly where you got the picture from: the body was from the artwork I provided you and the head came from my signature.
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special

• "It's Christmas again. It will never be the sa-a-a-a-ame. I know there's only sadness in my so-o-o-o-ul."
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2018, 06:29:28 PM »
Oopsie then. I should've did a better job at that sort of reference image thing.
"Mario begins his ascension to the celestial realm, Luigi spontaneously becomes a twitching pile of boneless flesh and Daisy is nonchalantly like 'this is fine'." -NanoRim

Yoshi the SSM

• (Space Station Manager)
  • King Bowser
  • I'm Yoshi the Space Station Manager from the wiki.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2018, 06:45:47 PM »
Um... My image isn't showing up on my computer. Error code 404.
I don't have time to give you a ride, I am managing a space station. And ask me something here:www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=38633.msg1934343#msg1934343

• Awards Committee
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2018, 06:46:49 PM »
not just you, i can't see your image either.

Lakituthequick

• with lowercase T and Q
  • Awards Committee
  • Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2018, 06:55:42 PM »
I see. Either turn off the forum censor, or open it in a new tab and replace "*bleep*" with "shiT" (capital sensitive).

• Awards Committee
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2018, 07:10:05 PM »
I'm wondering if it's possible to make the censor not apply to URLs since it does screw up with embedding and linking and whatnot.

Isabelle

• Christmas puppy. Technically not a pup, but what would you call a dog this adorable?
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • Dog Waifu. Also 8 posh emotes reside here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2018, 10:38:39 PM »
These look amazing dude.

Have absolutely no complaints about mine, I would maybe say that I would've preferred you did me in a different pose, but seen your method of drawing these, I really can't say anything like that.

The simplicity of it all is pretty much what makes it this great... why did you say you couldn't draw well?

Czario

• Am I Russian or Italian, though?
  • Dry Bowser
  • Luigi 64DD
  • I play Tetris, I guess...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2018, 11:45:00 PM »
I think these are all pretty good! ...Except maybe for Alex95. He looks weird, which I think is because his chin is too round and undefined and his hair isn't quite right. Here's the normal picture for comparison:

That being said, he's an original character with a capital O, so I can see why it would be hard to draw him perfectly. And hey, the man himself likes it, so who am I to contradict that? :P

In any case, these are quite nice drawings, and I love mine, so nice work.

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2018, 12:16:53 AM »
I'm perfectly okay with people drawing my characters their own way as long as I can tell who it is :P

Snoadgamer

• Always ready for Christmas
  • King Bowser
  • Toadgamer
  • Snoad also known as Snow Toad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2018, 01:00:45 AM »
They're really cool! Sadly, some users don't have an OC, so they  weren't featured here.
I need questions! | My wiki page
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

Lakituthequick

• with lowercase T and Q
  • Awards Committee
  • Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2018, 11:10:02 AM »
These look amazing dude.

Have absolutely no complaints about mine, I would maybe say that I would've preferred you did me in a different pose, but seen your method of drawing these, I really can't say anything like that.

The simplicity of it all is pretty much what makes it this great... why did you say you couldn't draw well?
Thanks! I went for that pose because it was recognisable, not necessarily because of the method as you are one of those I used posed models for.
I say I can't draw because I can't, I traced (existing) images for these.

I think these are all pretty good! ...Except maybe for Alex95. He looks weird, which I think is because his chin is too round and undefined and his hair isn't quite right. Here's the normal picture for comparison:

That being said, he's an original character with a capital O, so I can see why it would be hard to draw him perfectly. And hey, the man himself likes it, so who am I to contradict that? :P

In any case, these are quite nice drawings, and I love mine, so nice work.
I see what you mean and partly agree with what you say, but to be fair, his Stephan character is drawn in a variety of different ways. One more variant doesn't matter all that much.

Thanks though!

They're really cool! Sadly, some users don't have an OC, so they  weren't featured here.
I don't know what you mean? Everyone that signed up ended up in this game.

I realised that people that haven't played haven't seen the album, and people that have can't access it anymore. Thus, have a few screenshots.
A detail I like is that the name tags under the cards don't all look identical if you look at them closely.
And for those curious of what font family I used for the logo and a few headers, its name is "Luckiest Guy".

When you started out with an empty album:

After completing it, with one card selected:

On small screens (e.g. phones):

Fawful Claus

• Star Spirit
  • Fawfulthegreat64
    • View Profile
    • Mario RPG Universe
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2018, 01:09:53 AM »
I have to say the amount of effort you put into this was incredible. All the artwork looks great and the fact that you made models just to use as reference is insane. You nailed my OC very well too of course. Spectacular work!