Author Topic: Suggestions for next year  (Read 1762 times)

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for next year
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2017, 05:18:19 AM »
Do you have a working example of that?  I can't picture what scenario you're thinking of in any way that wouldn't be immediately declined with "it's literally wrong" or "we don't have that award".

If you mean that a write-in for Award MX would be otherwise tossed, but could instead be put into Award MZ, then no, we don't do that and never will.

Edit:
see write ins more critically, for example this year i saw things we had in favorite level/mario kart course and vice versa went into the opposite award as a write in (with multiple write ins)

oh uhhhhhhh do you mean like, idk, let's pull a fake example out and say Kamek was a formal nominee for M48 Ugliest Character, but placed the lowest out of formal nominees, but in F69 Cutest Most Best Character he received the most write-ins; to then take that, make Kamek a formal nominee in F69?

if that's what you mean, this is incredibly situational and is literally a thing we already do when we go over awards in AC meetings and there's really no way to 'see them more critically'; the placement of things in Best/Worst categories aren't directly correlated, as a lower base support of a certain thing doesn't directly imply that it's hated.

in these incredibly specific situations, all I can recommend is you being active in AC meetings and bringing it up when you notice it
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 05:27:16 AM by Anton »

Rintarou Okabe

• his smile and optimism = gone
  • Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2017, 05:58:05 AM »
yeah thats exactly what i meant and idk i just wanted to mention it because it flew around in my head from when presentations happened

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2017, 06:09:02 AM »
suggestion for improvement:  people who signed up for the mafia game should, ya know, play it

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2017, 06:59:46 PM »
*Lower prize costs while keeping the /10 inflation control, to keep back the hoarders while still allowing many participants to achieve more expensive prizes