Author Topic: OFFICIAL MARIO AWARDS XI CEREMONY  (Read 12552 times)

Doof

• I believe the morning sun, always gonna shine again
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • DragonFreak
  • Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly!
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL MARIO AWARDS XI CEREMONY
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2017, 06:27:02 PM »
I WANT THAT RUBIK'S CUBE!

Rintarou Okabe

• his smile and optimism = gone
  • Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2017, 06:27:46 PM »
stayed up just so i can comment on this one

nettes mem.

Hibiki Tachibana

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Power Star
  • Superchao
  • Gekisou Gungnir
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2017, 06:30:03 PM »
Hello once again, Awards audience! Now, I know that last year I was dragged away because I took up all my time with a long rambling story... and two years before that, too. But this time, THIS time will be different! I'm going to tell you the story of how I got to the Awards just barely on time once again, for a very good reason!

See, when I was assigned to get here on time, with little time to waste... I was on vacation. I had been visiting the far-flung land of Sarasaland, and the Awards Ceremony was taking place in one of the farthest places you could possibly go from there! Of course, this meant I had to immediately get up and leave... which I didn't really regret. See, Sarasaland is kind of unenjoyable to visit. Too bizarre, too strange, and really too reminiscent of a nuclear wasteland. Different strokes, I feel.

On my way out, I had to make a pitstop at Prism Island, since the ship needed to refuel, and for some unknown reason ran on paint. Seriously, paint. Still, it gave me the opportunity to explore the island, which... Honestly, was a waste of time. It wasn't a bad place, mind you, but it wasn't very interesting at all. Of course, I might be biased because halfway through exploring, I got a bucket of red paint dropped on me. This ended up being very important in a way I didn't enjoy...

But before we get to that, we've gotta talk about where else I was at! See, the problem was that when I tried to get back on the ship I boarded, they rejected me for not looking very fancy right now, thanks to the paint. So instead, I had to stow away aboard a ship that turned out to be heading to the Sprixie Kingdom. This was a major problem, even if I did get approximately eight cat suits for free in my first five minutes there. After all, this wasn't where I wanted to go at all. So I simply refused a cat suit - turns out, refusing one is a crime punishable by exile. Before I knew it, I'd been handcuffed and taken away.

In this case, they chose to dump me on Dinosaur Land, leaving me to find my own way through the wide variety of food-themed locations. The main problem the whole time was the lack of food - surprisingly enough, all it had to eat was fruit, most of which wasn't even ripe! Every time I came across a new area, I took an exploratory nibble, only to be disappointed when it turned out there wasn't any positive result. I did get one negative result, though - for some reason, the natives took offense to my trying to eat their land, so I ended up tied up, tossed in a boat, and pushed out to sea. So that sucked.

Drifting for a while, I eventually bobbed up on the shores of Donkey Kong Island, where I was immediately picked up by Donkey Kong himself! He explained that DK Island was currently locked in combat with Pi'illo Island and Super Mario RPG World, and he needed to find a way to resolve the stalemate, and fast! To that end, I was press-ganged into the DK Island troops and given my first mission: take these Superbombombs and drop them on the other two areas, while DK distracted them by charging up the Blast-O-Matic (without actually firing it). Given a speedboat, I was ready to set sale... but first I had to check and see if these worked. They were time-sensitive, so I pulled the pin on the first one, ready to set the timer, only to find it didn't display any time at all. Clearly, it was broken. I tried it with the second, the third, and the other seven after that, but none of them went off, so I just hurled them all onto the beach as duds. Not really looking forward to explaining it to DK, I instead drove off for a trip on my own, only to hear a massive explosion behind me. Turning around, I realized that in fact, all ten of the Superbombombs had gone off, and DK Island was currently sinking - and since nobody was left to turn off the Blast-O-Matic, it promptly fired and blew Pi'illo Island and Super Mario RPG World right off the map.

Impressive fireworks, though.

Deciding to clear out before anyone could blame me for this complete and total accident, I promptly jumped in a floating barrel cannon. That could have gone a little better, since this one was supercharged and blasted me fast enough that I broke through the walls of space and time, landing me with a thump in Flipside and Flopside.. When I landed, an old guy walked up and told me I was a legendary hero, sent here in the prophecy to save all worlds from an all-consuming void! I got all fired up and asked him what I had to do, to which he flipped through the prophecy and told me that no, he was mistaken, and was talking about the guy behind me. I was just a bystander and could go home. Dejected, I slinked off and departed, dropping through a dimensional portal by accident on my way home.

The portal dropped me right into the middle of the Beanbean Kingdom... and by middle, I mean I crashed through the roof and landed right on top of Prince Peasley, knocking him out. With the prince unconscious, the day before an important diplomatic meeting, Queen Bean promptly informed me there was only one solution; I'd have to become the prince for the day! A whirlwind tour of makeup including a wig, clothing, and lesson in creating a blinding glare followed, leaving me serving as substitute Peasley for the diplomatic meeting. I resolved that I'd make a quick, gracious exit... by which I mean, I waited until everyone was looking at me, and performed my best blinding glare. With nobody able to see, I ran right out of the room and skedaddled onto a boat, taking off quickly before they could catch up!

A bit too quickly, as it turned out. I sailed so fast that I crashed right onto Yoshi's Island, smashing my boat to wreckage as soon as I hit. With the boat now underwater, I decided I might as well explore this calm tropical island... even if my attempts at exploring it led me through a plain, rocky mountains, the jungle, an arid wasteland, snowy mountains, and up to the sky itself. I found then that I was standing on top of the mountain, with nowhere left to go. Just as I thought I was marooned there and would never make it to the ceremony in time... my ride arrived!

By which I mean Bowser's Castle crashed down hard enough to shake the entire island. Seeing it as my chance to get out of here in time, I quickly snuck aboard as it finished refueling and took off... only to be very confused. As far as I could tell, what I thought was one castle was actually approximately twenty different castles, all riding one big castle. Deciding I had to take what I could get at this point, I started looking around the castle, finding that it was actually pretty plush and comfortable. Honestly, I felt I could get used to living here... although fate had other plans in store, as Bowser stormed into the room where I was currently lying on the bed. Angrily, he grabbed me up and hurled me right out of the window, sending me crashing down to the land below.

The land in question this time was the Mushroom Kingdom, Paper Mario version, and I crashed down really hard, landing in Goomba Village. A kind Goomba took me in and patched me up, giving me the time to recover and head over to Toad Town to find my way to where I needed to go. For once, it seemed like I was getting somewhere, considering that all the Toads I met there were helpful after the first five seconds of constant screaming every time I got their attention. However, just before I could get the right directions, Bowser's Castle happened to pass overhead. It didn't land, attack, or do anything, but every Toad in the town immediately screamed, ran around in circles, and then fainted. Left with only my own best guess, I hopped into a pipe and decided to see where it took me!

It took me to a bizarrely eight-bit land, where I was trapped in a limited form that could only jump, and could only move backwards and forwards - and even backwards, I could barely move more than an inch. I soon realized I had accidentally gone to the Super Mario Bros version of the Mushroom Kingdom. Stuck going forward, I kept jumping over pits, jumping on enemies, and quickly realizing that if I had to go through all the levels, I'd get sick of it. It didn't help when Toad told me that my princess was in another castle... but hey, not my princess. Instead, I just swam out through a random pipe, hoping I'd get lucky enough to leave this eight-bit hell.

I actually did! I surfaced in the harbor of Rogueport (and surrounding areas), where I promptly climbed ashore, and was even more promptly mugged and left in a back alley. Waking up, I discovered that while I had lost my cash and method of contact, I still had the results, and isn't that what's really important? At the very least, I still had a chance of getting there on time... if I could just get to the one place I really wanted to be. So I jumped on board a ship and hijacked it at nothingpoint! Since the ship was crewed entirely by Toads, my weaponless takeover went without a hitch, and they promptly started sailing towards my next and almost-final destination.

We pulled up at Isle Delfino, and I jumped off and landed ashore, eliciting another round of screams from the Toads. I ignored that, though, and set off to where I really wanted to go, that being the active volcano easily accessible from the main port city. I mean sure, I stopped to help deliver fruit to some people I didn't really know, and ended up having to escape from a pachinko machine, but you don't want me to ramble too long, right? So either way, I made it up to Corona Mountain, and made it inside. I was ready for action, which only resulted in me getting scorched approximately 200 times as I made my way to the center of the volcano. Throwing one last Superbombomb in the lava, secretly taken from DK's stash for later (not that I expected to use the rest like I did), the volcano quickly erupted, blasting the entire platform on which I stood high, high into the sky, hurling me into outer space.

Just like I had planned! I was on a straight trajectory for where I wanted to go, hurling through the cosmos at a speed that really wasn't all that fast, but was somehow enough to get where I needed to. I crashed down right here on the Comet Observatory... and I mean, I did break the top off the observatory, but who needs that, right? The important thing is that I got here with plenty of time to deliver my results.

What's that, you say? I'm out of time already?

Well the joke's on you, because I HAVE delivered my results this time around! It took me three tries but I pulled it off! That's right, I ended up visiting all the places the results had, and we're standing on the winner of M28!

...Now, I should really leave and change my name and move away. I think people might still be unhappy about those islands I sank. Thanks for listening, and don't expect to see me back onstage unless the arrest warrants expire!

results table design (c) pidgey 2015, probably

Lord Bowser is up next with M15 - Hardest Boss!

Lord Bowser

• Super High School Level Bowser
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • "It's funny because we're all living in a simulation and free will is a lie."
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2017, 06:35:11 PM »
Today, I will bring you the three most impactful magazine stories to have hit the shelves of the Mushroom Kingdom everywhere. There truly were a lot of significant stories to cover, but there could only be three takers for the top spots.

In the educational category, we will bring Science magazine's edition from May 1996.

Science had reported on a breakthrough in a sector of science that greatly fascinates many; genetic engineering. Researchers at Gadd Science, Incorporated had unveiled their newest development. Starting only as a mosquito egg, they were able to modify and alter the organism into something much greater. It was a time-consuming, stressful, and sometimes even dangerous process, but in the end, the result was a huge success.

The mosquito grew extremely quickly after birth, becoming the size of a full-grown adult merely hours after. It continued to swell in size over time, and within days towered over the scientists. Luckily for them, the mosquito was not only benevolent, it also benefitted from exponentially increased intelligence, even surpassing that of a human. It could think for itself, and knew English most articulately. It even assisted the scientists in researching itself!

The scientists christened the mosquito "Culex", naming him after the species of mosquito it originally came from. As time passed, Culex still grew larger and more powerful, though remained benevolent. Unfortunately, the laboratory quickly became too small to contain the ever-growing mosquito, prompting the scientists to relocate to nearby Monstro Town. Culex settled inside a mysterious room, quite comfortable with his surroundings.

Inside, Culex displayed powers never even thought possible. He was able to animate four crystals into doing his bidding, and while he never used them against his scientist friends, it was quite clear that their combined power could very easily overcome that of a human. Culex was much more than capable of living independently, and once the scientists had completed their research, they left him to stay in Monstro Town, which he cheerfully accepted.

Today, it is a tradition every year for the strongest warriors of Monstro Town to come together and face Culex one-on-one. While Culex takes on the challengers with enthusiasm, he has only been bested a handful of times, due to the many warriors who underestimate his power. Indeed, facing Culex has become well-known as one of the most difficult challenges in all of the Mushroom Kingdom. None of this would have been possible were it not for the breathtaking developments of science.

In the entertainment category, we will bring an issue of Vanity Fair, coming from October 2004.

In the midst of a widely-publicized scandal involving the Royal Family of the Departed, the notorious Shadow Queen spoke out about her ambitions, and how to obtain them. Many were intimidated, some even downright terrified, by her, though this game-changing interview turned the vast majority of public opinions on their heads.

The Shadow Queen commented, "Many people are only so afraid of me because they misunderstand me. I don't wish to plunge the world into darkness -- that's simply ludicrous! No, I wanted to debut a brand-new, never-before-seen fashion line. It was a massive risk on my part, as it would've been the absolute polar opposite of the bright colors and patterns that was the status quo at the time." She then added that being trapped behind the Thousand-Year Door for so long helped her get creative.

"Beauty comes in infinite forms, shapes, and colors. I had noticed that the fashion culture of the Mushroom Kingdom, while stylish, was severely lacking in the darker regions of the color palette," she remarked. "I wanted to do my best to alleviate the dilemma, and to my pleasure, it has worked wonderfully!" Indeed, the Shadow Queen's line of dark clothing, seen on the front cover modeled by Princess Peach herself, was an instant smash hit. Department stores ran out of stock within days, and the demand would not subside for a very long time.

Darkened clothes became mainstream, and would forever become a major part of the Mushroom Kingdom fashion culture. However, the explosive popularity came at a price; many designers outright copied the Shadow Queen's work. "It was so terrible to see," she said solemnly. "I had made all of my materials by hand, yet others heartlessly and coldly copied my designs for profit... Needless to say, I was hurt and furious." She became fiercely protective of her brand name from then on, and was later widely reported that she had performed grisly attacks on those who had copied her designs without her consent.

While the defense of her work was admirable, the incredibly negative publicity garnered by the attacks destroyed her sales, and the dark clothes quickly became taboo. No one would wear or stock them anymore, and the Shadow Queen was so widely known as a deadly attacker that her original contributions were, most unfortunately, forgotten. The taboo would prove to hold until her candid interview with Vanity Fair, in which she explained she only attacked due to a broken heart. Many readers expressed sympathy and regret, and while the Shadow Queen has said she will no longer continue her clothing line, she greatly appreciated the outpouring of sympathy she received from her former fans.

And finally, in the news category, we have an issue from Sports Illustrated, printed September 2009.

Sports Illustrated had been covering the events of the biannual Battle Ring Tournament, where the strongest around the Mushroom World gathered to fight the toughest, meanest, and most aggressive fighters known. While previous years were all in good fun, 2009's tournament had been wracked with rumors that the top champions -- Junker X, Dark Star X, and Bowser X -- were using performance-enhancing drugs to beat their competitors. When images surfaced of Dark Star X sharing needles with the fighters, the scandal took the world by storm.

The Battle Ring Tournament is the biggest sports event in the entire Mushroom Kingdom, and seeing such a scandal erupt caused chaos among the public. Many news outlets reported vastly different things, most without a shred of credibility, which served to only add confusion amongst the panic. Finally, the editors of Sports Illustrated decided to report on the absolute true facts, rather than fabricating gossip and lies for the sake of publicity. Evidence was screened tens, even hundreds, of times over by the staff, and finally, a fully-credible report of the scandal had surfaced.

Dark Star X was proved, beyond a doubt, to have used performance-enhancing drugs. However, his true intentions were much more sinister than that. He had set up cameras to capture Bowser X and Junker X taking the "drugs" as well, them not knowing it was simply a placebo; the syringes were filled with water. Dark Star X had intended to take down their careers out of envy; tired of being pushed aside, he shot up drugs, but decided it wasn't enough, so he decided to end his career... taking down the two fighters who caused him grief with him.

Bowser X himself commented on the matter. "I admit, I wasn't squeaky-clean myself. I had accepted it knowing that this was at the very least immoral, and at worst, career suicide. However, I was still dumbstruck at the fact that it was all a set-up. I always thought Dark Star X was a bit funny, but I would have never imagined he'd go this far just to get revenge." Fans of Bowser X gave the fighter an outpouring of sympathy, and cheered him on at the tournament as he defended his undefeated record.

Police later arrested Dark Star X, and the fighter was charged with defamation, substance abuse, and obstruction of justice. The disgraced fighter was stripped of all of his titles, had his assets seized, and sentenced to 20 years in prison. Bowser X and Junker X were cleared of all charges and suspicions, and Bowser X continues to dominate the Battle Ring Tournament.

"You would know if I was shooting up," he said comically. "I would try to challenge myself then, since no one could even touch me, let alone beat me! Bwahaha!"

And with that, we have the three most impactful stories to have ever hit Mushroom Kingdom shelves. From an unprecedented genetic experiment, to the redemption of one's unfairly tarnished reputation, to narrowly preventing two innocent fighters' lives from being destroyed, there is truly a lot to cover among the kingdom. I hope you enjoyed the stories, and until next time, keep on reading.

Alex95 is up next with M20 - Favorite Sports Game!

Hibiki Tachibana

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Power Star
  • Superchao
  • Gekisou Gungnir
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2017, 06:38:24 PM »

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2017, 06:40:02 PM »
Greetings, everyone! I am Alex95 here with an encore performance of Sport Report! I'm back for one more round of sports, purely for this Super Mario Wiki Awards presentation. I signed up for this "Favorite Mario Sports Game" point and later got my results, which determined what game I will be announcing as the winner today! And now, without any further ado, I will announce the winner of the "Favorite Mario Sports Game" as determined by us users! With 272 votes, 13.68% of us voted the best sports game is… Mario Super Sluggers! And with that, I have fulfilled my purpose here. Buh-bye! …What? …I have to actually show something? I announced the winner, isn't that enough? …Fine. Guess I have to actually present something here. Okay, so, I'll play an inning of this game for you guys. Unlike my previous Sport Reports, there won't be any custom images, since they take a long time to make and I won't be able to make them in the time frame I'm given. So, then, let's get to it!

I'll make it the typical good vs. bad, with Mario's team versus Bowser's team. Mario's consists of the good guys: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Toad, Yoshi, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, and Donkey Kong. Bowser's ne'er-do-wells consist of: Bowser, Bowser Jr., Koopa Troopa, Goomba, Hammer Bro., Kamek, King Boo, Petey Piranha, and King. K. Rool. Now then, what diamond shall I play on… I actually really like Peach Ice Garden, so let's here there.

The players take their places and Mario's team is up to bat, with Yoshi first. Bowser throws and Yoshi hits a foul ball. Great start, Yoshster. Yoshi gets a nice hit, but the ball is foul once more. Bowser pitches once more, and Yoshi strikes out, switching with Luigi. Luigi gets a nice hit and manages to make it all the way to third base! Mario is now up to bat, and you can see the hatred in Bowser's eyes. Bowser manages to get a strike on Mario, but Mario gets a nice hit on the next swing, ensuring Luigi getting a point and Mario makes it to third base! Next up is the lovely Peach herself, representing her home stage. She lands a hit that allows Mario to score and for her to reach first base. Toad jumps up to bat and sends the ball flying right to Bowser Jr., who catches it and makes that Mario's team's second out. DK is up and is ready to for the ball. His hit wasn't great, but it let Peach get to second and him to first. Daisy skips to home plate and uses her special swing to confuse Hammer Bro. as he runs for the ball, allowing Peach to score. DK comes up to home plate, but K. Rool is ready to receive the ball! DK punches K. Rool out of the way and scores a point. …I guess that's allowed? Baby Luigi walks up to the plate, and he ends up hitting a foul ball. He's ready to try again and gets a nice hit that goes over the fence…backwards! 'Nother foul, but Baby Luigi is undeterred. Baby Luigi give this next swing his all, and…gets another foul. Bowser's had enough of this and sends out a Bullet Bill, which Baby Luigi is unprepared for and strikes out. The teams switch sides, and Mario's team ends with four points!

Mario stands on the pitcher's mound with King Boo at bat. King Boo sends the ball through a Freezie and Peach runs to catch the ball, but barely misses, allowing King Boo to take first. Hammer Bro. steps up and doesn't bother swinging at the first ball, so he got a strike. And another. He hits the ball on the third attempt, but Peach is there to catch it, making Hammer Bro. out. Bowser Jr.'s up to bat and his strategy is the same as his partner's: do nothing. He swings at the second ball, but it lands right at Luigi on second, which gets King Boo out, and he quickly throws it to Yoshi on first, which gets Bowser Jr. out! A double play! And that leads to three outs on Bowser's team! The final score is 4-0, Mario!

…This was actually kind of fun to do again. I don't see myself coming back to this anytime soon, though, as this is rather tedious to put together. I'm just glad the winning game was a game I own, and not one like Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash (which would not only be boring to write for, but I don't own it). But still, I hope you enjoyed this bit and may you enjoy the rest of the Mario Awards!

BBQ Turtle is up next with M11 - Favorite Major Character!

BBQ Turtle

• Princess L of the Shy Guys
  • Wiki Patroller
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Crazy sponsors lady.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2017, 06:45:11 PM »

Nabber & Lord Bowser are up next with M14 - Favorite Species!

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2017, 06:46:26 PM »
good presentations guys  :birdo:

hourly reminder that there's on-going commentary in #mwikiawards as well in case this thread in particular feels dry at any point in time

18:45   Chaownpiece   11th major character awards just makes me remember
18:45   Chaownpiece   how they used to be called the Big Eight
18:45   Chaownpiece   boy, that was a time
18:45   turb   this is a good ass presentation
18:46      *** Stargazing joined #mwikiawards Stargazing@comet.observatory
18:46   Chaownpiece   also dang yeah
18:46   Chaownpiece   this is some gr8 art
18:46   Lakituthequick   i like the mic
18:47   Stargazing   time to catch up
18:47   Alex95   I like the art
18:47   schmutz   https://puu.sh/x7MSg/c44d0142ac.png this is incredibly cute
18:47   NSY   art is fab
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 06:48:25 PM by Anton »

NSY

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2017, 06:47:13 PM »
Donkey Kong deserves so much better than this.
Rest in Peace Walkazo, forever will be missed

Turboo

• Wiki Administrator
  • Shine Sprite
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2017, 06:47:38 PM »
gr8 presentations, the art for m11 was really good especially

Here's a link to the chat party if anyone needs it

Lakituthequick

• with lowercase T and Q
  • Awards Committee
  • Celestial Guide
  • Rest in Peace, Walkazo 😢
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2017, 06:48:30 PM »
That is really neat.

Nabber

• Mushroom Attendant
  • nabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2017, 06:48:48 PM »
why has nintendo just now decided to put the characters in tuxedos

i need more of this in my life

Nabber

• Mushroom Attendant
  • nabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2017, 06:51:57 PM »
The following are excerpts from the journal of Dr. N. D. Toadson

Toad-day (get it? Today, but I’m a Toad) I have started out on my expedition to investigate the various diverse species that inhabit the fair Mushroom Kingdom. It is my intention that I capture these creatures in their natural habitat and unearth a new light on them, before presenting my findings in an exciting reality TV show entitled “Mushroom Kingdom Animals and Creatures: What Do They Do? Do They Do Things? Let’s Find Out!” where viewers will vote for the objectively best species, thereby making me a ton of money and fame. For science.

Tomorrow, I shall set out to investigate the sometimes pet, sometimes partner, sometimes sentient beings known as Yoshis.

Today I spied upon a group of Yoshis frolicking in the woods. It was a rather heartwarming scene, until the group ran into a rival clan. Upon catching sight of each other, the Yoshis started engaging in the infamous Yoshi Warfare the species is known for, gobbling up each other and laying the probably deceased into the admittedly rather gorgeous eggs that they leave behind. I stole one for myself – for later inspection and hopeful vivisection. The last remaining Yoshi proceeded to march away, eggs in tow. Perhaps I will follow tomorrow, as the day is drawing to a close. But for now, I have provided a sketch of the incident.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Today I visited the cave of Shy Guys, where they appeared to be doing a ritual in honor of famed Mushroom Kingdom celebrity and occasional fugitive from the law Luigi Mario. As the circle grew tighter and tighter around the writhing Luigi, his body slowly being engulfed in flames, their chanting reached surprisingly high volumes, belying their small bodies. The sounds echoed off the cave walls, and I feel strangely compelled to come forward and join it. I must say that I am excited to be the first surviving Toad to peer behind the mask of a Shy Guy, which I will do as soon as I finish this sketch. I shall report to you my findings at a later time. In the meantime, today’s sketch.

As I am currently suffering a massive headache, I think I will skip the discussion of Shy Guys today. I’ll have to keep my investigation of Toads brief, too. I did my best to capture the essence of Toads, a side that society does not see daily, but alas, my efforts peering into the window of a local house did not prove as fruitful as I thought.

My headache grows worse. Today I researched Boos – not just the common, garden variety that Bowser values, but the other kinds that fail his purity tests. I have drawn them below, as best as I am able to in this condition.

Lumas do not appear in the Mushroom Kingdom itself very often, though luckily, a select few come to visit for meetings every so often. I have stricken quite a friendship with these Lumas, though I myself do not like Star Bits too much.

I have decided to take up a hobby in painting. I spent the past week working on this drawing, and I am excited to show it to the world when I return to society. I call it “Toada Lisa”.

All I know is pain. My headache will not go away. Darkness encroaches around me. In my dreams, I see numbers. I do not know what they mean.

I feel my breath leaving my body. All I know is that I wish that once more, I could gaze upon the lovely face of the shy guy. Oh how wondrous they are. How I long…

The Pyro Guy is up next with M17 - Favorite Mario RPG!

TheFlameChomp

• Wiki Administrator
  • Spiny
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2017, 06:53:48 PM »
Guess I'm the only person who is a fan of Flame Chomps...

Hibiki Tachibana

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Power Star
  • Superchao
  • Gekisou Gungnir
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2017, 06:54:44 PM »
i can only assume he then became a shy guy

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2017, 06:55:06 PM »

they're cute but it's my duty to vote magikoopas as much as physically possible

GalacticPetey

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2017, 06:55:40 PM »
Oh shoot awards were tonight? lol.

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2017, 06:55:50 PM »
Posting on behalf of The Pyro Guy

Gamefreak75 is up next with M13 - Favorite Level Theme!

Turboo

• Wiki Administrator
  • Shine Sprite
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2017, 06:56:17 PM »

they're cute but it's my duty to vote magikoopas as much as physically possible
me but with duplighosts even though they only got 2 votes

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2017, 07:01:21 PM »
Posting on behalf of Gamefreak75

M13: Favorite Level Theme

Nass T.’s Top 5 Vacation Locales

Hey everybody, it’s you friendly, worldly traveler Nass T. here with my latest installment of locales that are worth visiting. Stick with me and by the end of this, you’ll be packing your bags for a nice vacation.

Spoiler: 5th Place (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 4th Place (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 3rd  Place (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 2nd Place (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 1st Place (click to show/hide)

So there you have it, my top 5 vacation spots. Now I hope I did a good of convincing you to buy a trip to one of these lovely places. Please buy one, I need to keep this job.

Cirdec is up next with M26 - Favorite 3D Level!