Author Topic: OFFICIAL FAIL AWARDS IX CEREMONY  (Read 6832 times)

Lord Bowser

• Super High School Level Bowser
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • "It's funny because we're all living in a simulation and free will is a lie."
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL FAIL AWARDS IX CEREMONY
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2017, 04:49:55 PM »
ASSIST!

(credit to TPG)

(credit to Mr. Edo)

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2017, 04:50:11 PM »

me on my way to page 2

edit:

tfw i'm already on page 2

Gilgamesh

• Gate of Babylon
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • GBAToad
  • do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2017, 04:50:20 PM »
just :metal: AESTHETIC :metal: my ▄▀▄▀shit▄▀▄▀ up fa〽

IT’S ALL IN YOUR HEAD LUIGI

sleep now my child
Quote from: ワート

john madden
john madden
john madden
egg
john madden
john madden
john madden

luigi you gotta wake up
luigi

luigi can you hear me

luigi

luigi

also ④. ▄ 

〇〇return of the〇〇
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○bubbles○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

roll that dice

turn 437299432: it's been a year since the accident

my brother
luigi
was trapped in a bubble that fateful day
one year ago they came for us
forced us into bubbles
made us play sadistic minigames for our lives
but at the end of it
most of us escaped with our sanity still in tact
but luigi remains trapped in that bubble, dreaming of a vast ocean
luigi come home

reasons why PARTY ISLANDS came in ▄▀▄▀joint fourth PLACE▄▀▄▀
  • It really boils down to the fickleness of the voters, I mean the top two placings for last year's worst setting are now in joint fourth place, which is unfortunate, but such is life. Maintaining a standard this high for two years in a row is difficult for many people and I'm sure the Party Islands stood down willingly to avoid coping with the stress of the first place position; a courageous and honourable action which lets other settings enjoy their time in the limelight. Bravo, Party Islands, bravo.
  • everything is  still bubbled
  • Star Carnival is still worse.
  • one day my brother will escape the bubble

roll

turn ?

where is he

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

▄▀▄▀END of the▄▀▄▀
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○bubbles○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

Congratulations, friend! You're halfway through this nightmare!

HAVE SOME NICE MUSIC

BEANS
BEANS
BEANS
KAZOOS
BEANS
BEANS
BEANS
YOSHI COINS
BEANS
BEANS
BEANS
the yoshi clan will come for you next
BEANS
BEANS
BEANS
BEANS
BEANS
BEANS
BEANS
BEANS
KAZOOS
BEANS
BEANS
BEANS
YOSHI COINS
BEANS
BEANS
BEANS
the yoshi clan will come for you next
BEANS
BEANS
BEANS
BEANS
BEANS

Positives of Egg Island
Adorable
egg
Islands
Negg atives of Egg Island
"New"
Why don't we like New Island again?
Oh.
OH
 make IT STOP

MAYBE I’VE ALWAYS HAD A SUBCONSCIOUS FEAR OF THE BUBBLES; A PRIMAL FEAR I NEVER QUITE UNDERSTOOD BUT IT NONETHELESS CAUSED ME TO WAIL IN AGONY WITHIN THE THIN, SOAPY WALLS OF MY TEMPORARY PRISON

i'll save you luigi

Code: [Select]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/VuqAliw.png[/img]
haha

egg

Gilgamesh

• Gate of Babylon
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • GBAToad
  • do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2017, 04:50:25 PM »

and as i sat there, paralysed with fear, i realised there could only be one creature behind my brother’s kidnapping

him.

:tumble:

i went to his home

Shroom City is a large city located on an unknown island, which also consists of a city built on the islands ひbelow.

After かthe player finishes making thseir passport, they meet Toaだsあd, who tells them about all of the fun activiへties in Party World. Suddenly, Bあowser and Koopa Kid droぐp in and squishあああああああああ Toad, scattering Gaddgets and ふごgwfminigames all oえver Shroom City. After they leふあ;おふぇgqfave, Toad tells the player togbgふぉうじゃdぐあぽg collect the missing Gaddgeどts and minigames fromf Shroom City's locagろうげふぉああふぁうふぉあsふあおls.

//////it was time for REVENGE//////

Code: [Select]
<missing>
The Return of Tumble has begun.

mario, you must defeat tumble to rescue your brother from his bubble

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

!!!!BONUS BOARD!!!!

so i participated

in his game

and won

but

his power was too great

AND SO,
BESTED BY THE EVIL DEMON HIMSELF
I COULD NOT SAVE MY BROTHER FROM THE BUBBLES
HE BANISHED ME TO A LAND WHERE TOAD WAS  ALL
AND ALL WAS TOAD
A LAND DECORATED WITH ADHESIVE EVIL
A LAND...

results table design (c) pidgey 2015, probably

Freakworld is up next with F10 - Worst Game Mechanic!

Lakituthequick

• with lowercase T and Q
  • Awards Committee
  • Celestial Guide
  • Rest in Peace, Walkazo 😢
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2017, 04:50:27 PM »
Quick?

Stargazing

• Astronomer, Astrologer
  • Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2017, 04:53:28 PM »
holy *bleep*

Rintarou Okabe

• his smile and optimism = gone
  • Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2017, 04:55:04 PM »

results table design
 pidgey 2015, probably

Alex95 is up next with F8 - Worst Mario Kart Course!

Ritsuko Akizuki

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
  • give it up for loud noises
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2017, 04:57:32 PM »
how does gbatoad keep fitting infinity into his presentations

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2017, 04:58:04 PM »

new :thinking: emoji when

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2017, 05:00:03 PM »

Stargazing is up next with F4 - Worst RPG Area!

Doof

• I believe the morning sun, always gonna shine again
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • DragonFreak
  • Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2017, 05:00:42 PM »

new :thinking: emoji when
I hope soon

Ritsuko Akizuki

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2017, 05:01:34 PM »
blocking block blocks race

nobody goes ANYWHERE

Lakituthequick

• with lowercase T and Q
  • Awards Committee
  • Celestial Guide
  • Rest in Peace, Walkazo 😢
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2017, 05:03:00 PM »
Freakworld did you just film vertically

Shy Guy on Wheels

• Definitely on Wheels
  • King Bowser
  • Octagon?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2017, 05:03:45 PM »
I'm assuming Rainbow Road (Wii) is so high up because some people think it's hard.

Stargazing

• Astronomer, Astrologer
  • Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2017, 05:05:06 PM »

MCD is up next with F4 - Worst Mario Party Minigame!

Turboo

• Wiki Administrator
  • Shine Sprite
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2017, 05:10:19 PM »
Posting on behalf of MCD.

F13 - Worst Mario Party Minigame
by MrConcreteDonkey

Spoiler: Part 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Part 2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sprite Credits (click to show/hide)

Superchao is up next with F12 - Worst Game Objective!

Ritsuko Akizuki

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2017, 05:12:40 PM »
that gbatoad sticker though

also mcd's comics are always good no matter what

Ritsuko Akizuki

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2017, 05:15:06 PM »
From the files of Private Eye Superchao

It was one of those days when trouble walked through my door, the kinda day you feel in your gut is gonna be a bad one. I could tell the man was gonna be a dangerous type from the moment I clapped my eyes on him. I'd hearda him before - Turboo. A buncha rumors, nobody knew how true they were, but people said he was a hardened killer, an escapee from a mansion where he was locked in a murder game of some kind. Of course, that didn't matter to me. What mattered was what he wanted, and what he was paying... and of course, the fact that he worked for Mayor Anton, face to face.

"I need you to handle these cases for me."

Looking at the size of the caseload, I looked back up at him. "You've gotta be kiddin' me. The toughest cases in the city? The ones no detective touches?"

"That's why I'm hiring you. I've heard you don't quit until the case is done."

"Tch... playin' to the ego. ...And it works every time, that's the tough part. Alright, mister. You got yourself a deal, but I wanna see some green when I'm done for this kinda job."

"Trust me, I'll make it worth your while."

With that, the man left. Knowin' I couldn't complete this batch of jobs on my own, I rang up my trusted sidekick, PI GBAToad. Bit of a wiseass, that one, but I couldn't do without him.

"What's the deal, Perch?"

"Got a buncha jobs to do. Wanna split the first few?"

"Only if we do the usual."

"Yeah, yeah, you'll get your pay."

"The whole pay this time?"

"You're never lettin' that one go, are you?"

"Nope! What do I need to do?"

With that, I gave him the second job on the list, while I went out to the golf courses for the first. Some smarmy jerk had set up a whole buncha contests, yellin' at people to try them out in order to earn some special coins. Well, I'd always fancied myself a bit of a golfer, but trying those challenges made me realize... I might be a good golfer, but these were nonsense! Trust me when I say that the Star/Moon Coin Challenges weren't worth the trouble. If I didn't have such a big payment lined up, I woulda turned around and gone home. Instead, I hadta waste all this time on trying to get those coins. Once I was done, I knew I was sick of golf for the day, so I quit and carried what I had back to my office.

When I was there, I met with GBAtoad, who was stumblin' in and lookin' tired as hell. "These Letters, Perch. I had to gather them from all parts of the globe... and deliver them by hand! The postman refused to take them for me - turns out most of them were setting up sting operations anyway. It was exhausting. You sure this is worth it?"

"Yeah, it's worth it" I told him. "Just lookit the size of the check. Now c'mon. We gotta take this next one together. Involves a criminal."

Sure enough, we had to deal with a famous criminal who had stolen a rare and valuable cache of treasure. The hard part was findin' either of them. The cache of treasure had been spread out among a wide variety of places, forcin' us to go through everythin' from desert to ice to sky if we wanted to collect it and return it to the bank. The criminal, though, needed us to jump through a helluva lotta hoops. I had to talk to people across the entire world - actually several of them - just to get them to trade me various objects I could use to make the next guy cough it up. In the end, though, we busted into the house. We managed to catch Piccolo the Pixl, and recover the Yoshi Eggs at the same time. Job well done, even if it was way too tedious.

As me and GBAToad were headin' back, we started lookin' over the next job. Well, next two. Neither of them looked very appealin', so I sent GBAToad to one and went off for the other myself. Wasn't lookin' forward to it... mostly cause I needed to visit a man who lived at the far end of a big star-shaped platform. Thought it was gonna be easy, but that? That wasn't easy at all. I was tryin' to find him when I realized I was in the middle of a buncha wild challenges, like a target range, a volcano, and someone's really nasty plant garden. I managed to meet to reach the informant's house, but... he had already left World 9. Disappointed, I trudged back to see how my partner was doing.

My detective sidekick was off to the races! Course, he wasn't in the races, but he was there to watch and make sure there wasn't any kinda rigging. He was placin' some good bets on the competition, considerin' they were the favorites... but every dang time it was the boss who won. GBAToad went over it with a fine-toothed comb, and he eventually found that it was rigged. Luckily, he took down the ringleader, and the Boshi Race scandal got broken up before it could rip anyone else off.

Before we could rest, though, the two of us had to team up for another assignment. Seemed an infamous gang had gotten their hands on some contraband, and Mayor Anton didn't want anyone like them spreadin' it around town. We got wind of their location, which was the easy part... the hard part was actually handlin' the dang gang. For some reason, nobody else wanted to deal with 'em, so we had to tackle 'em ourselves. Guess how tough it is when you're  2 vs. 100? Our best plan was "barge into the warehouse and shoot everyone", so that's how we decided to handle it. It... wasn't our best plan ever, considerin' that even though we were able to cut some of the gang down in the initial hail of gunfire, they immediately started fighting back. Their abilities to do everythin' from flip to spit energy to send shockwaves kept us on our toes, but we were able to keep up the pressure and ultimately cut them down. In one night, we'd wiped out the infamous Duel of 100 gang and recovered the Green Stars that'd been taken.

"So, you think we'll get a bonus?" asked GBAToad.

"I think we will... and it'll be more cases."

Turns out, I was right. We still needed to find that informant, who had retreated to a bunker in the depths of Flopside. Both of us ready for action, we started marchin' in there... and oh boy, it wasn't hard, but it was long. Havin' to find a key on 90 different floors (at least we had some breaks) and then at the bottom... no one was around. So we had to climb out and go back in one more time just to do it all over again, until at the bottom, we got to meetin' the informant. He gave us a couple tips on upcomin' criminal activities, and began to realizse that all of these cases tied together, but on the way out I couldn't help but complain about his choice of the Flopside Pit of 100 Trials to hide out in.

Unfortunately, if we wanted to meet up with the next set of criminals, we had to make it through a whole defensive series of deathtraps. Unlike the Duel of 100 gang, this gang was all set to take us down, leaving these insane devices to kill us instead. Me and GBAToad had to work together in order to avoid gettin' shredded, incinerated, crushed, or otherwise killed, but by the time we reached the end of Super Expert Mode, we just looked exhausted. At least we'd made it into the gang's base... not that it'd work out well.

See, the gang in question didn't try to fight back, they just ran. In every direction they could think of, leaving the two of us to skedaddle after them. We were chasin' them down then, runnin' as fast as we could in order to catch each member of the gang and keep them from gettin' away. Considerin' there were 28 of the self-proclaimed Rabbits, it wasn't easy in the slightest, but we managed to slowly round them all up... no thanks to the police, who were happy to let me and my sidekick do the dirty work. Still, once we had all the Rabbits arrested, we were finally able to get a name. The second-in-command of the operation, someone we'd have to track down...

...Although when we arrived at his northern home, he wasn't there. Askin' a local told us he had headed to a southern island, which led us to a blimp in the sky, followed by a giant tree, a town in darkness, and a rather peaceful little village. Once we'd found our way around all of these, we ended up going back to the winter home and finding the second-in-command there. Our attempt to round him and capture him, unfortunately, led to him panicking and declaring "YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!" before blowin' himself up. Our Search for General White resulted in the death of our main lead... so Mayor Anton just put us on the small crime again.

We had to deal with a money launderin' scandal next; bit of a step down from the mastermind search, but we still needed to find out who was responsible for this. There was a lot of shady currency goin' on at Isle Delfino, but our searchin' around led us to find out what was goin' on; a big money racket set up by the Tanookis. It took a lot of cooperation with the Pianta Police - some of whom we had to take out ourselves, they were corrupt enough to be on the side of crime - but we were able to shut down the Tanookis and stop the Blue Coin money racket.

No sooner did we get back from the island than Mayor Anton told us that we'd missed a bank heist. We needed to recover it and fast, considering the size of the haul. Headin' out as a team once again, we quickly interviewed the bank employees and figured out a good route to the hideout. It wasn't a pleasant one, but we knew where we had to go. For some reason, though, when we got there... it was empty. Whoever it was had been tipped off, and we'd just missed 'em. Worst part was, they still had the One Million Coins we'd been trying to get... but when I was there, GBAToad told me he'd found a clue. We just had to follow one last task, and we'd find the mastermind we'd been seeking.

Wasn't gonna be easy, though. We needed to revisit every area we'd been to - and for that matter, for some reason we had to drag Mayor Anton and Turboo into it as well. Tryin' to convince him nearly got me a shotgun to the face the first time, but we managed to strike a deal in time. It was tedious as hell, me clearin' an area, waitin' for GBAToad, then Anton, then Turboo, but as we slowly went back and forth, we finished our job of Completing Every Level with Every Character. That was enough to finally win us two PIs an entrance to the mastermind's lair.

As I walked in, I saw that it was empty, and realized in a flash what happened. Spinnin' around and drawin' my gun, I had the mastermind in my sights.

"Of course. Who else would have known everything? Who else would have convinced General White to take himself out? Who else would have been able to clear the Million Coins?"

GBAToad shrugged, gun pointed at me. "It was a good run. I wasn't expecting to fool you as long as I did."

"Well, my old partner finally turns his back on me. What, was the pay not good enough?"

"Nothing like that. I just felt crime was more fun. ...Okay, and it paid better too. A million coins, and more. Between the blue coin laundering, the green star sales, the Yoshi Eggs... I was going to be so rich. Pity, too. You were a good pal, Perch. I'm gonna miss you when you're dead, but... can't leave any witnesses."

"Same to you, GBAToad."

With a loud bang, a gun went off. I watched and lowered my gun as GBAToad collapsed to the ground.

"You always were... one hell of a shot... how annoying."

A couple days later, the case was booked as closed. GBAToad had been confirmed as the mastermind, and with him six feet under and all his underlings in jail, his crime ring was smashed for good. I got a huge paycheck and a bonus from Anton and Turboo, and hey, I didn't have to split it this time.

The best part, though... seein' my name in the 'Shroom. Gotta say, the recognition meant more than the paycheck... but hey. The money's nice too.

That's why I kept one of those Green Stars for myself. A PI's gotta have a backup plan, after all. But with any luck, I ain't gonna need it... not if the cases in this town stay as crazy as the ones I just solved.

CASE CLOSED

Yoshi2 is up next with F6 - Worst Spin-off!

BEEEEEAAARRRS

• 658 pieces
  • Power Star
  • Toadbert101
  • how about a rousing game of pool
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2017, 05:16:26 PM »
I want to believe that you memeing tfp and I with the fish counting minigame was a coincidence, because that is seriously something thats happened before