Author Topic: OFFICIAL COMMUNITY AWARDS X CEREMONY  (Read 6347 times)

BEEEEEAAARRRS

• 658 pieces
  • Power Star
  • Toadbert101
  • how about a rousing game of pool
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL COMMUNITY AWARDS X CEREMONY
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2017, 03:14:21 PM »
this presentation requires the aesthetic song

Kazooie

• Red-crested Breegull
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • "That's nice."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2017, 03:15:01 PM »
C9: Favorite Veteran 'Shroom Writer
by Mr. Edo

Spoiler: 3rd Place (click to show/hide)

~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler: 2nd Place (click to show/hide)

~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler: 1st Place (click to show/hide)

results table design (c) pidgey 2015, probably

GBAToad is up next with C4 - Favorite 2016 Awards Presentation!

"To do just the opposite is also a form of imitation."
 --G. C. Lichtenberg

Ritsuko Akizuki

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
  • give it up for loud noises
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2017, 03:18:04 PM »
i think the main question asker is actually a robot programemd to ask the most inane questions

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2017, 03:19:31 PM »
this is all a true story

Grima

• Tactician of Ylisse
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • GBAToad
  • do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2017, 03:20:06 PM »
Every Awards Ceremony, we have users from all parts of the wiki share the presentations they've spent any amount of time between the past month and the past 5 minutes making, practicing, and rehearsing. Each year comes and goes, and the level of creativity on display seems to get higher and higher. Some presentations rise above the rest, and become shining beacons of quality for all to remember. Though, when the festivities are finally over, the whole thing is packed up and archived, and planning the next ceremony is not thought about for approximately another week's time. Mandatory exit polls determine who had the best presentations, and then the awards are forgotten about by the general public.

But what you don't know about the Awards Ceremonies, and what I didn't know when I signed up for the Awards Committee of 2017, was that one person is forcibly persuaded into physically checking that the best presentations of the previous year are still holding up their quality a year later. This is known as the Neatness Inspection Concerning Excellent Awards Standards and Superiority: the NICE ASS program.

This year, the designated NICE ASS inspector was, through a battle royale in which we fought each other with comically sized spoons, chosen to be none other than yours truly.

And so, after putting off my duties for NICE ASS inspection for ages, I decided to grab a clipboard at the behest of my good leader Anton and not because he threatened to remove my batteries, and set off to work. Having had the results from last year's exit polls thrust into my chest and directions to where everyone's presentations ended up stuffed in my mouth, I was ready to judge the NICE ASS nominees.

My first stop was a small cabin that had been constructed by one of the presenters, Edo, last year for the Favourite Supporting Character award. What was special about this cabin was that it was made entirely out of the most supportive structure known to man: Waluigi.

Sitting on top of the Waluigi Cabin, I tested for durability, weather damage, soil erosion, insulation issues, electrical wiring faults, and any misplaced Wa's, and with no surprise, Edo passed with flying colours, and I pinned a 3rd Place NICE ASS ribbon on one of the Waluigis.

Moving on to the next presentation, I noticed there was a slight error in my results, and that there were two presentations listed for second place. Calling Anton while he was at work, I was told to pick a second place recipient myself or else have pepperoni shoved in places I'd rather not specify.

With the threat of cured meat violence looming over my head, I headed off to judge the contenders, but in my heart I knew what had to be done.

First up was Nabber's presentation for Favourite RPG Game, in which he advertised a new Paper Mario game entitled: Paper Mario: The Million Year Door, and specified that the whole game's NPC cast would be toads. I went to check on how well these new Toad NPCs were living together.

Pft, how much self respect would you have to lack to be a Toad and associate yourself with something completely irrelevant to toads. Amateurs.

As it turned out, Communist Toad and Sexy Toad had entered into a polygamous relationship with Mercedes Benz DLC Toad, and Black Toad had opened a restaurant where he sold Turb-brand hot dogs with Oh *bleep* What Up, who refused to be photographed.

I marked a red tick next to "Communal Harmony", pinned half of a silver 2nd NICE ASS on Sexy Toad's blurry bits and left this Toad community, never to return.

Making my way to the 'Shroom HQ, my next destination, I noticed that the building was now swarming with weird, black particles. Opening the door, or rather, nudging the door ever so slightly that it fell off of its hinges, I noticed the source of the black particles lying in a stack of papers.

It was Tucayo, still reeling from the aftermath of his Favourite Team award. Apparently, he had worked so hard at trying to cover all parts of the Shroom, he had achieved a 'Shroom singularity, and reality was falling apart around him.

I marked a red tick next to "Existential Dread and Reminders of the End Times", threw the other half of the 2nd place NICE ASS award into a swarm of black particles, and left the building before it collapsed in on itself.

Finally, it was time to award the coveted Best NICE ASS award, but my directions were telling me to head back to Anton's work, and I was highly confused.

Then, when I arrived at what used to be a small pizzeria, I noticed a towering news station before me. An electronic ticker flashed the latest headlines for N64 games and stock prices for individual chex mix flavours, and who else came out to greet me but Anton and N64Dude themselves, who had apparently made it big from their Miitomo News broadcast for Favourite Game. I congratulated them on their success, and asked to take a photo with them, which they declined because they were too famous for me now, so instead, I was handed a flyer on their success and took a photo of that.

I pinned the Best NICE ASS award on Anton, and left.

With nowhere else to go, I decided to go home to my home built of Waluigis, order a film crew from the local pizzeria, and play Paper Mario: The Billion Year Door while I waited for the singularity to reach my house.

Palkia47 is up next with C11 - Best ‘Shroom Section Design!

Rintarou Okabe

• his smile and optimism = gone
  • Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2017, 03:23:08 PM »
gg anton and n64dude

Alexander Hamilton

• Secretary of Treasury Packy
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • Red Barchetta
  • Talk less, smile more.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2017, 03:24:32 PM »
In theme with this award being dedicated to "designs", the following image features a specific design in how the text is supposed to be read. It’s not really important or anything, but hopefully you can figure it out! If you can’t, the answer is here in small text… take the first word of each song!

Now, without further ado… may I present to you Packy’s Awful Horrible Misadventures in Revealing the Top 3!

Congratulations to Lord Bowser, Meta Knight, Lakituthequick, and Anton!! <3

Meta Knight is up next with C7 - Favorite ‘Shroom Core Staff!

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2017, 03:26:47 PM »
thanks again guys!  I don't have much time to comment on these just yet but I do appreciate the votes :birdo: it makes everything feel worth it

Lakituthequick

• with lowercase T and Q
  • Awards Committee
  • Celestial Guide
  • Rest in Peace, Walkazo 😢
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2017, 03:27:51 PM »
Packy your clock is ahead of itself throw it out of a window

Congrats for another win Anton!

And thanks to voting for me!

Meta Knight

• Scourge of Darkness
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • Victory is my destiny
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2017, 03:30:03 PM »
C7 - Favorite Core 'Shroom Staff

Behind the scenes of The 'Shroom, you might wonder what kind of discussions the Core Staff go through. While most of it is planning various issues, communicating errors, and other things to help get it published, and we all love giving each other a good old pat on the back when we complete a days work. However, because we're all such more supportive of the staff, we actually just group up and spend time in photo shoots helping Anton fulfill his love for photography. He'll make us do cool poses. Sometimes we'll even go as far as to reenact a stereotypical cheerleading team. We usually keep such private photos to ourselves, but as Director of The 'Shroom, under my authority I decided that it's it's time to give the audience some fanservice and leak such photography. Fortunately, this particular photo has the winner of this year's Favorite Core Staff Award on top of everyone. It's my honor to give this award to....

Spoiler: Winner (click to show/hide)

Mr. Edo is up next with C5 - Wiki Contributor Award 2017!

Ritsuko Akizuki

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
  • give it up for loud noises
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2017, 03:30:50 PM »
what you can't see is everyone else holding up the ground

(congrats edo!)

Kazooie

• Red-crested Breegull
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • "That's nice."
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2017, 03:35:00 PM »
C5: Wiki Contributor Award 2017
by Mr. Edo

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

:yoshi: Shokora :dk:
Winner of the Wiki Contributor Award 2017

Meta Knight is up next with C8 - Favorite Retired ‘Shroom Writer!

"To do just the opposite is also a form of imitation."
 --G. C. Lichtenberg

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2017, 03:35:51 PM »
i'm reporting you  >:( >:( >:( >:( :daisy:

Lakituthequick

• with lowercase T and Q
  • Awards Committee
  • Celestial Guide
  • Rest in Peace, Walkazo 😢
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2017, 03:37:14 PM »
Will always be YoshiKong tbh

Congrats!

Czario

• Am I Russian or Italian, though?
  • Dry Bowser
  • Luigi 64DD
  • I play Tetris, I guess...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2017, 03:39:27 PM »
i'm reporting you  >:( >:( >:( >:( :daisy:
those smilies remind me of memoryman

Meta Knight

• Scourge of Darkness
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • Victory is my destiny
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2017, 03:40:07 PM »
C8 - Favorite Retired 'Shroom Writer

The 'Shroom has been running for over 10 years now, which is quite an accomplishment. There have been many writers that have made contributions to the paper in both the past and present. Some people that retired from The 'Shroom are still active in other areas of the community, while others went off their separate ways. No matter the case, the work these people have done for the project is much appreciated. The Favorite Retired 'Shroom Writer this year is...

Spoiler: Winner (click to show/hide)

Anton is up next with C6 - Favorite ‘Shroom Team!

BEEEEEAAARRRS

• 658 pieces
  • Power Star
  • Toadbert101
  • how about a rousing game of pool
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2017, 03:41:57 PM »
dang son, thanks voters

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2017, 03:45:05 PM »
C6 - Favorite ‘Shroom Team

Hey guys, I'm here to present C6, Favorite 'Shroom Team!  I did this award back in 2014 as a way to introduce new banners for the teams.  It's 2017 now and my art style has changed, and conveniently the banners I wasn't happy with are the top 3, so I figured I'd update them in a magical two-birds-one-stone extravaganza!!!!! :bowser: :pgp: :blooper: :boo:

Spoiler: 3rd Place (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 2nd Place (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 1st Place (click to show/hide)

And for the grand finale, here's a new banner for the main page for The 'Shroom!!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tucayo is up next with C13 - Favorite ‘Shroom Special Issue!