How high does Mario actually rank for you among other Nintendo series?

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
Obviously this is a Mario forum and I'm pretty sure everyone here at least likes the series. But I wonder how many people actually consider it their favorite Nintendo series. How does Mario compare to other Nintendo series in your opinion?

For me personally, it's only number four. I'd put Zelda, Smash, and Pokémon above it.

I don't know if I can really rank my favorite Nintendo franchises in order, I love them all too much. So really, all I can say is that Mario is up there with Pokemon, Kirby, Zelda, Smash, and Animal Crossing. I couldn't tell you where I'd put each one in a ranking.

I can't give it a place in a top ten list or anything but I enjoy it more than games like Animal Crossing and Pikmin but not as much as Metroid or Fire Emblem.

platformer is my favourite genre of games (along with rhythm) so mario is probably one of my highest ranked nintendo series. the 3d marios in particular are what i love the most about the series, with galaxy probably being one of my favourite games of all time

can't say i particularly care a whole bunch about anything outside the platformers though. it's not that i dislike the other parts of the mario series but i just don't get enough enjoyment out of other parts of mario for me to rank them above some of my other favourite nintendo series.

It's the best franchise in my opinion, though the only competition it has is Kirby and AC.

Pretty high up, it's definitely below Fire Emblem and maybe also Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

So fourth? If we just look at the main series, maybe slightly lower, I prefer the RPGs and earlier sports/party games over the platformers.

Probably the highest. After the mario series (not in order) are Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby, smash, and Pikmin. Really, I like all Nintendo series with the exception of fire emblem, metroid, and Kid icarus

I'd say Mario, Zelda, and Splatoon are about equal for me, with Smash Bros. somewhat behind that since I only really play that in multiplayer. That's only four... I really need to branch out more... Although I have started branching out within the Mario series by playing the RPGs when I had mainly only played the platformers, Mario Kart, and, to a lesser extent, Mario Party before then.

It's my absolute favorite franchise period. Nothing else in all of media surpasses it. I'm also a sports (+kart) and party fan, and I prefer those genres over platformers.

Kirby is number 2, and then the rest of the Nintendo franchise are scrabbling for a spot.

Unless the few Zelda games I played make beat this, Mario's franchise is número uno. I play it because of the platformers, but I have played all Mario & Luigi games, one Paper Mario game, 3 Mario Karts, 3 Mario Parties, 2 Mario & Sonics, and 1 sport that is not Mario & Sonic. If you were to look at my games for consoles (home or handheld), Mario can easily fit half of the games I have.

Uh probably between 3rd or 4th
it goes Pikmin
Pokemon
and then it's either Zelda or Mario

I guess I'm probably the only one here that doesn't play any other main Nintendo franchises except for Mario, everything else I own is non-franchise one off puzzle games, with the exception of Wii Fit and Professor Layton which I haven't played for years. At least four in five of our games are Mario or a spin-off franchise such as Yoshi. So, yes, definitely number 1.

Mario has been my number 1 for like a decade, can't go past the fact that it's got multiple great spin-off franchises on top of it's great platformers.

I got into Kirby a year or two ago because I wanted to try a different series and man, Kirby is pretty darn good. If the Kirby series had more games it would probably be better than Mario.

Other than those two I've hardly played any other games but like one game in a series, for example Tekken (which I like), Mega Man, Ace Attorney, Street Fighter, Pokemon and maybe a few others that I can't remember, so I can't call myself the biggest fan of them.

But yeah Mario 1, Kirby very close 2nd.

Its definitely 1st for me, of all the nintendo series I think I spent 80% playing mario games lol. It's probably because mostly of Mario kart, some of the sports games, and most platformers that make me play the series most often. Also it contains in my opinion the best character ever! :luigi: (It used to be pikachu actually)

Mario himself is my favorite character, but I'm not sure where his series place for me. I'm terrible at picking favorites, so I just group Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Smash into one big pile of games and just play whatever I feel like.

Tier 1: Mario, Smash, Pokémon
Tier 2: Kirby, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Splatoon, Animal Crossing
Tier 3: Game & Watch, Wario, Zelda, Fire Emblem

I vastly prefer Metroid. Also prefer Fire Emblem, Zelda, Smash, and a number of minor titles. So probably mid-low ground.

High priority to low
#1 Mario
#2 Pokemon, Kirby
#3 Zelda
#4 Wii series/game series featuring Miis, Animal Crossing
#5 Smash, Metroid, Fire Emblem
#6 Kid Icarus, Star Fox

It has a special place in my heart for being the series that made me get into videogames. I haven't felt as attached to it in recent years because of growing up and tastes changing but I'd still have it in my Nintendo top 3 alongside Zelda and Pokemon.

I still like Mario games. Its hard for me to put it on a ranking but there's definitely franchises I love more such as Metroid and Kirby

"Mario number one!"

I rank Mario and Pokemon to be the best of the Nintendo series, which sounds totally unoriginal because they are two of the biggest Nintendo properties. The next biggest one is Splatoon.

Some series that are good with me include Legend of Zelda, Xenoblade, Rhythm Heaven, Kirby, the puzzle games (Picross, Pushmo, BoxBoy!, Panel de Pon).

I haven't played every Nintendo series to be invested in them (or played them enough), but I imagine there are others that I would like, such as ARMS, Earthbound, Pikmin and Metroid. The latter is something I think I can see myself enjoying because I like the gameplay style of Metroidvania (to put it shortly) found in games like Shantae and Teslagrad.

Thank you for reading.

Mario is my definitive favorite Nintendo franchise as well as favorite video game franchise of all time. :mario:

Back