NINTENDO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2017

Yoshi the SSM

Dry Bowser
Pronouns
he/him
MarioWiki
Yoshi the SSM
It's happening once again. This time Mario Kart 7. http://nwc.nintendo.com/

The web site gives more details, but I should post some important parts.

• Happens (finals) in New York City the day after Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions releases.
  • Will be in a few cities before
    • New York and SF Bay Area on August 19th and 20th
    • Chicago and Los Angeles on August 26th and 27th
    • Minneapolis and Dallas on September 2nd and 3rd
    • Seattle and Miami on September 9th and 10th
  • These are some of the rules and qualificationshttp://nwc.nintendo.com/pdfs/NWC-2017-Qualifier-Rules.pdf
  • It is Time Trial Mode and two times for best time.
  • In two brackets
    • 12 years and younger. They will use Mario in a Standard Kart, Standard Wheels, Super Glider on the course, DS Luigi's Mansion
    • 13 years and older. Parents or guardian are needed if 17 years or younger. They will use Bowser in a Standard Kart, Standard Wheels, Super Glider on the course, GBA Bowser Castle 1
  • There will be demos there as well. Demos include Super Mario Odyssey and Metroid: Samus Returns.

> 'World' Championship
> Two countries

Nice.

not to mention only eight cities are participating, five of which are on the east/west coast

way to screw over a good part of the united states, nintendo

Luigi 64DD said:
Why Mario Kart 7 and not 8 Deluxe? And why didn't they do it at E3 like they did in 2015?
I have no actual idea why they decided to do that. What is strange though is that the first one was in 1990 and none until 2015. Another strange thing? They are both retro courses... from the past handheld versions. And Mario is the one for DS Luigi's Mansion, not Luigi.

Though I have a theory to this. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions. A 3DS game, much like Mario Kart 7. Mario has been around longer than Luigi = Mario over Luigi. Classic game = Standard parts. Bowser's Minions = Bowser in GBA Castle 1. Finale the day after the game releases. Conclusion: Nintendo wanted to celebrate the release of Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga somehow.

7 is only the qualifier last year the qualifier was only one game as well I think, the finale is where it's at

Tbh where I live theyve had like a contest thing every year so this is probably just like that and nothing too big

Bump! Sorry for coming in with a video 7 days old.
[youtube]watch?v=Hzhoho-35-o[/youtube]
I have other plans that day, so I will probably miss out on it that day.

I actually won tickets to this the other day so apparently I'll be there in person!

I am going to update this post when the games come out.

First (1.1), BotW, shield surfing.
1.2, SMASH 4 Wii U, Homerun Contest.
1.3, Metroid: Samus Returns, Diggernaut Encounter Speedrun
U1, Balloon Fight, 3 min high score
2, SMASH 4 Wii U, 6-min match with items
U2, Bird & Beans, 3 min high score
3, Mario Kart 8 DELUXE, 2 courses: 50cc Mount Wario and 200cc Electrodome
U3, Donkey Kong Country Returns, 6 mins to complete 4-3 Bombs Away
U3S, DKCR, same but on 3DS?
4, Splatoon 2, Tower Control with best of 3 @ Snappel Canal
U4, Tetris, 0heart for 3 mins for best score
5, Arms, 2 games with 2 1-1 matches with winner of each moving on
U5, Mario Party 2, 3 minigames with 3 rounds, bumper balls hexagon heat and shell shocked
F1, Super Mario Maker, a new course made by Nintendo treehouse
F2, Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, goes until one wins 5 games, but losing a level will means that you lose the level
F3, Super Mario Odyssey, 3 part: touch certain moons first for 5 second head start for boss for the first two and then whoever beats the boss wins

Also, I didn't have the thing I have planned today.

Back