Mwchat not working.

Boshi

Back in Discord
Banned User
I didn't know exactly where to put this but the Chat isn't working for me. Whenever i click the "chat" button at the top it takes me to a page on the Wiki where there is a black box that says "No server tab, and no channel specified." I tried going to the same page from the Mariowiki as well but it still does the same thing. Any help? I'm using Google Chrome if that does anything.
:boshi:

try the direct link

https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=mibbit.darkmyst.org&channel=%23mwchat

Still won't work. I typed "#mwchat" into the box but it doesn't do anything when I clicked Connect :boshi:

IDeally you don't have to type anything anymore except for your username

Does your browser have JavaScript enabled

whatismybrowser.com/w/MK4HDGR

May I see screenshots of the errors on both the chat tab and the direct link? The issue is pretty weird because I don't believe I've seen it before...

http://imgur.com/a/pr4iD

screenshot of the other link won't do anything, but I just typed "boshi" in the nick (which I assumed means "nickname") box and "mwchat" in the channel box and clicked on connect. It doesn't take me to a chatroom or anything, although the string of letters and numbers in the address bar keeps changing if that helps anything :boshi:

Just so I'm clear, are you able to type in your nickname before it gives you that?

Powerade said:
I can't connect either, but I believe my IP is blocked.
If you're British, it might follow through on the btcentralplus ban a while back.

Yeah. I can't take a screenshot right now but this is the screen. The boxes to enter your username and channel show up ok, it's just when I connect that causes a problem

Connect: Server | Auth | Charset
Nick:
Boshi
Channel:
#mwchat
Connect
You can specify multiple channels eg #foo,#bar

are you making sure the server in the drop box above nickname and channel says irc.darkmyst.org or DarkMyst or something like that?

23:04 maple.on.ca.darkmyst.org 406: | [0] Anton{Politoed}, [1] boshi, [2] There was no such nickname

You didn't connect to the server otherwise I would've been able to pull up your hostname. Like Meta Knight said, if you're typing it in manually, instead of going through the wiki applet or that direct link provided earlier, you must also include irc.darkmyst.org as the server you're connecting to in addition to #mwchat as the channel. A screenshot would be a lot more helpful if you're able to get one at some point if it's still acting up.

Powerade said:
I can't connect either, but I believe my IP is blocked.

I couldn't figure out why you were blocked at one point, but then free to join at another, since none of your hostnames I was able to pull up were blocked. If this happens again please let me know what you're doing different so I can have a better shot at figuring it out, because so far my best guess is that whatever device you're using whenever you're blocked is what's malfunctioning and not IRC or #mwchat.

http://imgur.com/a/TYbC1 This is what I did. Still does the same thing as before :boshi:

lol I thought you were roserade again; either way I've lifted that btcentralplus block to see if this alleviates everyone's concerns, but if something fishy starts happening again it's going back up and you'll need to be granted exceptions

Powerade said:
That worked!
I am wondering, why was the block put up in the first place?

To keep out a very persistent ban evader, there's a topic about it somewhere in this board but I'm at work and can't grab it right at this moment

Boshi said:
http://imgur.com/a/TYbC1 This is what I did. Still does the same thing as before :boshi:

I checked the mibbit website from both my laptop, phone, and the computers at work and they all connect perfectly fine. I'm convinced that whatever your problem is is something with your own computer or what you're doing, so this may sound like a lame suggestion but just try googling up some solutions because otherwise I'd need to be at your computer myself to figure it out. You might have a firewall or antivirus blocking it, and I'm aware that Verizon over 3G blocks IRC for the most part.

I assume he couldn't access mwchat because his non-proxy IP was still banned.

Back