Post pets

Dr. Javelin

Nathan Latsk
We were posting pet pictures in #mwchat and I figured, why not move to forums as well

tLmPs5h.jpg

My dog Missy with my dad and the waterfront in the background.

MNyDv5z.jpg

She is adorable and likes anyone who will pet her.

This is my cockatiel perched on her favorite spot: next to my keyboard on my desk. I love her.

QhmJRIp.jpg

This is also my budgerigar after a shower

3F4EX0y.jpg

Are birds difficult pets? I've heard that they can be a bother, which is a shame because I've always considered getting a bird at some point.

I don't have any pets now, I'm considering a cat at some point though. Here's some pictures of pets we had at my mother's place.

XOZjaNZ.jpg

^That's our old collie mix Neo, who passed away a few years ago :( I think I posted this in the real photo thread when it was taken in 2013, but he was a sweet dog. He was in so much pain and misery leading up to his death so while I was sad he had to be put down, it was probably a relief for him.

CFXVvEy.jpg

^That's Gracie, she still lives with my mother. My mother got a new cat as well, but I haven't seen her yet. This picture was also taken in 2013.

Javelin said:
Are birds difficult pets? I've heard that they can be a bother, which is a shame because I've always considered getting a bird at some point.

This depends on the bird you want to take care of! From my experience, cockatiels and budgies are rather easy to take care of, probably even moreso than dogs. I think the most time-consuming thing you have to do is interacting and taking care of them, which means you should pick them up from the cage and take them around the house. If you don't, they'll probably get lonely and start yelling for you if you're not around, like what mine does if she hears me out of the room and flies to where I am. If they're also lonely for too long, they can start plucking their feathers too, which isn't a good habit. They could be loud, male birds are louder (I don't have a male bird) and they're fairly messy eaters, when they eat, they spray food and pellets all over the place. If you like neatness, I don't think birds are the right pets for you.

Lower maintenance birds are zebra finches and canaries, since you don't have to take them out of their cages or interact with them as you need to do with cockatiels.

This is Roxy and she's my main bi*tch.

UbAtS11.jpg

This is a collage that currently hangs in my room:

gjMlEpz.jpg

With the exception of Peanut Penelope (who was only in my care for two months), each pet has more than one photo on there.

*Darth Vader -- A black cat. (1996-2010) Lived up to his name (very grumpy), but warmed up to me in his later years.

*Kadie -- A golden retriever. (1998-2010) A very mellow, well behaved girl. Affectionately known as "Lulu". She and Storm were best friends.

*Stormtrooper -- A great Pyrenees. (2000-2006) A gentle giant in every sense. Had to be put down because of a cancer in one of his hind legs.

*Wookiee-- A gray striped cat. (2004-still alive) My best friend and the animal I've been closest with. Has some type of respiratory problem and sneezes a lot, making some nasty messes. But he's my boy.

*Chloe -- A black and tan dachshund. (2006-2017) My mom's peanut girl. As sassy and independent as they come for a dog. Had diabetes in her later years, had to be put down after suffering a stroke on May 6th of this year.

*Brady -- A red dachshund. (2008-still alive) Very anxious, hates almost everyone but loves the family.

*Gus -- A dapple dachshund. (2010-still alive) Goofy and loveable, absolutely loves toys and has a large collection to play with.

*Peanut Penelope -- A gray and white cat. (2013-2016) Acquired from a friend that loved her dearly but could no longer care for her. I had her only for two months before we learned that she had leukemia, and by that time, it was too late. In my care from October 16, 2016 until her passing on December 16, 2016.

am I making my first post in eons to share photos of my cats? you bet I am

17951525_1531045700287116_3618044118363623220_n.jpg

17952567_1531045710287115_3735006019104664026_n.jpg

Javelin said:
Nope, cockatiels are really easy to take care of. They can be loud sometimes though. Our cockatiel cries for us when we both leave the room and she even sometimes flies outside the room. Budgerigars seem easy too and they're the most popular bird.

I say go for getting a bird. You won't regret it. :3

That puppy isn't owned by you, it is licensed to you. Didn't you read the Shuttershock terms and conditions of use? I'd be careful with your use of legal terminology.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
CFXVvEy.jpg

^That's Gracie, she still lives with my mother. My mother got a new cat as well, but I haven't seen her yet. This picture was also taken in 2013.
I just received a call from my mother that Gracie had passed away today :( She had become ill not long ago and when I saw her in the vet's office she was very thin. But this was still sudden, from what I could tell she had been getting better until released from the vet, then immediately stopped eating again and got worse. She's just lived with my mom since I moved out, but she's been around for a good chunk of my childhood and I was the one who found her as a kitten. RIP :'(

Noisemaster said:
my sister's cat, sapphire/saffie
tumblr_inline_ns5p55SYPl1r9vsi7_500.gif

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I just received a call from my mother that Gracie had passed away today :( She had become ill not long ago and when I saw her in the vet's office she was very thin. But this was still sudden, from what I could tell she had been getting better until released from the vet, then immediately stopped eating again and got worse. She's just lived with my mom since I moved out, but she's been around for a good chunk of my childhood and I was the one who found her as a kitten. RIP :'(
I'm sorry that this happened to you. It's never fun losing a pet that's been around for a good portion of your younger years. Hopefully, Gracie is in a better place now.

John said:
I'm sorry that this happened to you. It's never fun losing a pet that's been around for a good portion of your younger years. Hopefully, Gracie is in a better place now.
Thank you, and yes. She's no longer in pain and misery so that's good. I'm glad I got to see her one last time about a week ago.

It's okay to cry and just focus on the good times you had with Gracie. Celebrate life, okay?

I've never mentioned my cat before, but he died last night.
His name was Henry, and he was run over. He's been with me for the greater part of my life, and he was just always there.
I'll miss him.

Back