What voice do you hear in your head while reading certain user posts

Pink Cat

Not always pink, not always a cat
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
Well, I think that title is self explanatory .

I read more sarcastic users in the voice of John Goodman, because why not?

(If this is OK with you) In the case of the topic creator, I read it as though in a female higher-pitched voice, like I imagine Pinkie Pie would sound like (I didn't watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, so I don't know how Pinkie Pie sounds like, just what I imagine she sounds like).

Anyway, I don't want to name some names here, but when I read of posts that dismisses a certain character, I read this in a harsh tone, which makes me kind of worried. Sarcastic ones are read in a more deadpan tone, and positive ones in a more uplifting tone. It's more of the spirit of the message in which the poster imparts.

Thank you for reading.

I normally just read posts in the voice of the user's avatar if I'm familiar with it. Otherwise I just read in in the style of the user's personality (excitable, sarcastic, sharp, wise, dreary, lol).

if i've heard you before i'll read it in your voice, but otherwise i'll read it in my own voice. i'll also read posts in my voice if it's in an emotion i haven't heard someone speak in before, like sadness.

threads like these make me wonder how people read my posts. i'm curious.

Mostly I just read it in the voice of what the avatar looks like, if not something close to it. Also based on the users' age, which helps me get a more approximate vision of the user's voice. Problem is, though sometimes when said user has an avatar that contains a female character.

I've heard DragonFreak, Stargazing, and Freakworld's real voices before so i read their posts in their voices.

Despite me knowing Zae is a guy and hearing his voice before, I read his posts in a very seductive feminine voice. Probably the avatar what's throwing me off there.

I read SonicMario's posts in Tara Strong's voice. I just strongly associate him with Twilight.

Lord Bowser's posts I read in Bowser's voice but slightly more human sounding.

Smasher's posts I read in Spike's voice from MLP. Idk why, I just do.

Zero777 isn't around here anymore, but I always used to read his posts in E-123 Omega's voice from Sonic Heroes. I thought he named himself after Zero the robot from Sonic Adventure.

That's all the ones that come to mind at the moment, but I'm probably forgetting a few. Otherwise I give them my own voice or a made up voice based on their avatar/oc.

it's really interesting to me how different a single post can sound to people, depending on the voice they use to read it.

I just read everyone's posts in the same monotone voice, including my own. I just don't see much differentiation, and it's even more confusing when everyone's changing names and avatars all the time.

Magikrazy said:
That's all the ones that come to mind at the moment, but I'm probably forgetting a few. Otherwise I give them my own voice or a made up voice based on their avatar/oc.

Of course you would have me sound like you because we're both MK

Generally I have several tones of voices for stereotypical personalities (naiive, confident, strong, bold, etc) and attach them to users based on how I think of them as. Even if I've heard someone's real voice, I still end up reading it as the voice in my head.

SMG2 I can imagine her accent even though we only spoke for like two hours. Everyone else is my own voice/accent. DF I read in a really uplifting tone.

I dunno about voices, but I always imagine a user looking like their avatar, so to speak. For example, in Awards Mafia, I imagined Hobbes from Calvin and Hobbes getting hung and exploding into black goo because that's Tucky's avatar. That also means my perception changes when they change their avatar.

I have this overly sarcastic voice I sometimes read posts in (loudly)

ex.: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1PsGJyXMOOT

idk I read them in my own voice, don't really attach anything else.

Usually in the voice of the user's avatar if I know it, though if I know the user wouldn't sound like that irl, it be different. For example, I doubt Baby Luigi actually sounds like Baby Luigi in regular conversation :P

If I ever get the chance to verbally talk to you, I should do it all in Baby Luigi's voice.

i more or less read everyone in the same voice, just adjusted for attitude based on typing style and avatar

People who type in all lower case, I tend to get a more "stoic" emotion from them.

Otherwise, for the most part, I have a particular voice inside my head, but it varies depending on each user. Avatars also help vary this kind of voice. People with dorky avatars like Luigi64DD (no offense hahah) have a little more "playfulness" and characters like Meta Knight sound a bit more "cool".

Sometimes, I'll read posts in a vaguely masculine or vaguely feminine voice based on the user's avatar, but most of the time, I just read it as plain ol' text.

So I also figured out that there are a lot of users whose posts I read in Bowser's voice, including McMadness, LB and Neptune.

There are users who I've seen how they look like (or at least their Miis) like Perch, Roy, SGoW, Ltq or Roserade. From their faces, I can imagine a voice coming out of them.

I don't have any other specific voices in my head.

I usually just read them in my own voice. It's the easiest :P

Tadaomi Karasuma said:

I'm kinda curious, what do you think I sound like?

I can't describe it precisely, but I would say you sound like a... geek tbch, doesn't mean you are, but hey I've never really heard you in real life so I can't really judge just about now.

I've never really heard a voice unless it's something MK (regardless of display) posted, which leads to me hearing Meta Knight from the Kirby anime.

Back