what are some of your favorite endings?

Lord Bowser

listen
Banned User
what are your favorite endings in the mario series? by ending, i mean basically everything that happens after beating the final boss or whatever the equivalent is, such as cutscenes and credits and the like.

some of my favorites include galaxy 1, especially the 120 stars ending. that secret final cutscene and accompanying piano are almost tearful, it's such a beautiful scene. i also really like super mario world, especially because of the credits theme; it's one of the most memorable of them all to me. ttyd's ending was also really memorable, especially that recap of everyone's lives after their adventure with mario.

i'd have to say the one that takes the cake (forgive the pun) would have to be bowser's inside story. i know i'm quite biased here, and i'm also aware that i'm writing this in the middle of a surge of nostalgia for the game, but still... the very last bit with the cake is so sweet and adorable, and with the cute music that plays with it, it genuinely brings me to tears

EndCake_MLRPG3.png

just look at it
see, bowser's not such a bad guy after all <3

Not sure how much this really counts, but there's one thing about the end of the credits in Mario Kart 8 that I love; and that's the way that at the end, where, in a usual set of credits, you would see the logos of the companies that produced it, etc. But in Mario Kart 8, you get the logos of some of the sponsors and all of the cups instead, and I just love that little detail (Also, now I think about it, I think that was what kindled my love for the sponsors, and subsequently the reason I'm making them all their own pages now...)!

Lord Bowser said:
see, bowser's not such a bad guy after all <3

If I may quote Pirates of the Caribbean for a moment.

"One good deed is not enough to redeem a man of a lifetime of wickedness"

Anyway, for me my favourite will always be SM64.

Just something about it always fills me with warm feelings.

Definitely SMG's, but that one is kinda obvious so I guess I can also have SPM's ending, even though that game is despised by almost everyone on this forum. Just the fact that these two guys had to sacrifice themselves just after they got reunited just leaves me to wonder if they are still alive, not that I care that much, but still.

this one's actually a favorite of mine because seeing it meant i was finally freed from this purgatory

The first 3 Paper Mario endings give me chills... saying farewell to all these great characters that will never appear again with the powerful music playing.

Mario's partners from TTYD: "Don't forget us Mario"

If only they knew.

I also really like the endings of the M&L games, I just recently watched the one for PIT and that too gave me chills, the Bros. saying goodbye to their baby selves. Even Paper Jam's ending, much as I was disappointed with that game, was a bit emotional. I really hope they meet again one day, under less of a restriction :)

And of course, the first Mario game ending I ever made it to, Mario 64. It was so good that I immediately went to beat Bowser again so I could tape the ending on a blank VHS tape to watch it whenever. That credits theme is phenomenal.

The ending to Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island and the ending to Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time are my picks. Lovely endings, even though I felt the same way Baby Luigi felt in Partners in Time: WHY DO I HAVE TO RETURN TO THE PAST?? oh look a cookie. The Super Mario-Kun also drew the scene pretty well, though it's the reverse roles: the baby selves say goodbye to the adult bros. and you watch the adults leave rather than the babies.

364px-SuperMarioKun_v._37_Ending.png

There's also the Mario Super Sluggers real ending, and that one was cool with Wario and Waluigi blowing up in fireworks. Mario Power Tennis bloopers are also a pretty funny way to end a game too.

Although Mario Party is not known for their endings, I can't help but feel warm with how some of the games ended. Mario Party 1 is when every character is declared a Super Star makes the whole experience worth it, the reward granted by the Millennium Star in Mario Party 3 is very good, Mario Party DS where everybody's having a great time and so on.

Mario Kart games tend to have great credits themes even though its ending consist of the racers racing on the tracks, which I loved about them, especially Mario Kart 8. Even the Mario Kart DS one where the character riding in a sunset looks very warm.

Thank you for reading.

Mario Kart DS has a pretty nice ending for a Mario Kart series game.

I forgot Captain Toad:Treasure Tracker, I really like the ending for that. Not the Super Mario 3D World bit, but the Minecart ride past most of the characters and locations from the game with the fireworks going off in the background. And particularly their reactions to the big drop at the end (i.e., Captain Toad panicking and hiding in the Minecart, and Toadette finding it incredibly fun).
I also like the ending of Luigi's Mansion 2, except that I find the ghosts look more creepy with pupils than without. That one just sums the game up nicely, and I also like that Luigi has a pet Polterpup now.

Probably the ending of SMRPG. Seeing all of the characters going on with their lives as usual makes me get a little misty-eyed. Same thing with TTYD. And, despite all of these years having gone by, I still think the ending to Superstar Saga is hilarious.

Monster said:
If there was a way to hack the game to have Yoshi not unlocked, you'd consider that the best ending right?

It'd take a lot for that to happen. Maybe I can just hack the image instead and photoshop Yoshi out of it so only Mario and Luigi are credited in the end despite Yoshi showing up.

Back