Chester Bennington (Lead Singer of Linkin Park) dead at 41

SonicMario

Star Spirit
Source

It sounds like he hanged himself after Chris Cornell's (They were good friends) own suicide by hanging pushed him to the edge. He died the same day what would of been Chris' Birthday.

It's definitely made me sad. Linkin Park was at one point my favorite band. And while they aren't my absolutely top favorite anymore, I still like alot of their music. So this is a pretty big blow to me.

However anyone felt about Linkin Park. They are a very successful band that made some undeniable hits and were well-liked among many who's music tastes fall under the stuff that came out in 2000's and such. He's going to be missed by many fans who grew up with Linkin Park.

Rest in Peace, Chester. Hope you're rocking it up with Chris up there.

RIP

While I didn't really care for their newer stuff, I still genuinely, unironically like their older songs.

I know people give this band a lot of shit, myself included, but I absolutely jammed their stuff when I was younger. I'd say that LP was kind of a gateway into me listening to heavier stuff. Dude had a hell of a voice too.

And the shadow of the day,
Will embrace the world in grace.
And the sun will set for you...

Rest in peace.

Right when I became interested in Nu Metal I recognized the name Linkin Park.....rest in peace, and I'll explore some of their songs in the meantime, to see what I'm missing out on.

Made a much longer tribute post over on my personal tumblr

Baby Luigi said:
Right when I became interested in Nu Metal I recognized the name Linkin Park.....rest in peace, and I'll explore some of their songs in the meantime, to see what I'm missing out on.

In my Tumblr post I link to some of my favorites/recommendations regarding songs that Chester either collaborated, covered, and/or of course his hits from Linkin Park that I think are worth a listen.

Back