Author Topic: Mario games that you think should be remade or recieve a Deluxe treatment.  (Read 6875 times)

Boshi

• Boshi
  • Banned
  • Koopa Troopa
  • Back in Discord
    • View Profile
    • Boshi Chat
Aside from the more obvious remakes, I think that a Super Mario World remake is something that could be interesting. Best mario 2d platforming mechanics could be expanded upon with new levels. :boshi:
:boshi:  Boshi Chat: https://discord.gg/ycUDUem :boshi:

Chat for retro gaming discussions, game collections, etc.

Roll and Maria Renard

• Pwwnd123
  • King Bowser
  • Pwwnd123
  • Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
    • View Profile
Aside from the more obvious remakes, I think that a Super Mario World remake is something that could be interesting. Best mario 2d platforming mechanics could be expanded upon with new levels. :boshi:
Super Mario World only got a enhanced port on the GBA as part of the Super Mario Advance series.

Revenant Archagent

• Back in Action
  • King Bowser
  • ArchagentEverlasting
  • Your favorite travel guide guy
    • View Profile
    • Travel Guide with Archagent
*cough* Super Mario RPG *cough*

Roll and Maria Renard

• Pwwnd123
  • King Bowser
  • Pwwnd123
    • View Profile
*cough* Super Mario RPG *cough*
It would be perfect for a Mario RPG collection along with remasters of Paper Mario 64, Paper Mario TTYD and Super Paper Mario.

Fawfulthegreat64

• Top-Hatted Bean
  • Star Spirit
  • I make YouTube videos sometimes
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
If it was called Mario RPG collection I'd say it should have some M&L representation too.

Princess Mario

• Mushroom Kingdom's Most 🦄Fabulous🦄 Wario Killer
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
It's not a MaRPG collection without Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition and Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle.

Ninelevendo

• Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
Also featuring the Mario Tennis and Mario Golf GBC games

Mister Apple

• Mister Apple
  • King Bowser
  • Not Mr. Apple
    • View Profile
Wario's Woods Deluxe.
Officially proclaimed 'wildly unfunny'.

Roll and Maria Renard

• Pwwnd123
  • King Bowser
  • Pwwnd123
    • View Profile
Wario's Woods Deluxe.
It's too obscure and it's already on Virtual Console.

Mister Apple

• Mister Apple
  • King Bowser
  • Not Mr. Apple
    • View Profile
Re: Mario games that you think should be remade or recieve a Deluxe treatment.
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2017, 06:29:03 AM »
Wario's Woods Deluxe.
It's too obscure and it's already on Virtual Console.
You seem to be developing a habit of missing my stupid jokes.
Officially proclaimed 'wildly unfunny'.

Princess Mario

• Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2017, 10:31:22 AM »
To be fair, I think Pwwnd123 has trouble detecting facetious remarks.

hudson124

• Goomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2017, 04:16:00 PM »
I've had an idea in mind for years that I'm sure no one will agree with, and that probably wouldn't be possible for many reasons, such as how Konami seems to hate game preservation, but nonetheless:

Super Mario Special Collection. This would be a compilation of the Hudson's four PC Mario games, with Mario Bros. Special, Punch Ball Mario Bros., and Donkey Kong 3: Dai Gyakushuu would be unlocked at the start, with SMB Special being an unlockable. But it wouldn't just be that. Similar to the concept of the Game & Watch Gallery Series, there would be Classic and Modern modes. The classic modes would be the original X1 versions (pretty much universally agreed to be the best for all four games), and modern would feature the first three remade as if they had been arcade games, and SMB Special remade as if it was an NES game. I know, the SMBS for NES hack exists, but it's missing the powerups and a couple of other minor things. Another possible feature this compilation could have would be unlocking different versions of the games, as most of them really do provide a unique experience.

Though it's impossible, at least someone did attempt to remake Special for Petit Computer here: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21233953

Some interesting additions, e.g. Icicles.

NikoAnesti

• 🎵Put a comb through that 'stache, now you've got panache🎵
  • Goomba
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/nikoanesti
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2017, 12:37:08 PM »
I've wanted to see either a portable or HD remake of Mario Sunshine for a while, and now with the Switch, they're both possible on one system. Of course I'd like to see some stuff added too, just like extra Shines and new areas in the same vein as Mario 64 DS.
I'd also like to see a remake of New Super Mario Bros., just for fun. It's not that old but aesthetically it's kind of an outlier from the other New SMB games. Maybe they could add a World 9 and true co-op mode.
3DS FC: 1805-2173-6055 | NNID: Geoweasel | Super Mario Run: 2436-3198-9907 | Switch FC: SW-7635-5678-2001
Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat: @NikoAnesti

Camwoodstock

• ~the lost soul of tong-nou~
  • Blooper
  • the lamest fartwad you'll ever darn meet
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2017, 08:00:04 PM »
A remake/remaster of NSMB (the original) would be pretty interesting to see, especially if it had new context such as a World 9.
~Camwoodstock - the poor sod you'll summon if you bought the dried shroom AFTER the dusty hammer
pfq | button | more to come

Princess Mario

• Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2017, 08:49:52 PM »
If there is a Sunshine remake, they better add Wario and Luigi as playable characters.

Roll and Maria Renard

• Pwwnd123
  • King Bowser
  • Pwwnd123
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2017, 09:25:03 PM »
A remake/remaster of NSMB (the original) would be pretty interesting to see, especially if it had new context such as a World 9.
Nah, it's better if they make a new NSMB game that tries to be very original and not the same old uninspired garbage it has turned into since NSMB2. Super Mario Run offered more than NSMB2 and NSMBU did. It had more playable characters and Peach was finally playable as a miracle after it was thought to be an impossibility in NSMBWii and NSMB2 due to the complexity of animation in the Wii/GCN and 3DS hardware and the difficulty of programming it in. Although they could've easily implemented her in NSMBU, it would've made it better.

Princess Mario

• Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2017, 09:31:47 PM »
Super Mario Run offered more than NSMB2 and NSMBU did.
Oh hell no.

Fawfulthegreat64

• Top-Hatted Bean
  • Star Spirit
  • I make YouTube videos sometimes
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2017, 11:30:14 PM »
Like removing free control and mostly locking the player to going one direction, limiting level design and removing any sort of exploration? I know that was never NSMB's strong suit but it was only simplified further for Run.

Roll and Maria Renard

• Pwwnd123
  • King Bowser
  • Pwwnd123
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2017, 06:50:20 AM »
Oh hell no.
Oh yes it did.

Super Mario Run allowed you to play as multiple characters. You could even play as Peach which was a miracle when compared to NSMBWii and NSMB2 where it was impossible due to the complexity of animation and programming in the GCN/Wii and 3DS hardware. I'm glad that it was easy to program and animate than in NSMBWii or NSMB2. It had implemented Peach as both a damsel in distress and a playable character after beating the game once and rescuing her. It's even more of a miracle than implementing Maria Renard as a playable character in Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles on the PSP (a.k.a Castlevania: Rondo of Blood/Akumajo Dracula X: Chi no Rondo/Rinne 2.5D remake) by sacrificing the dress and giving her a low ponytail (which I thought were braids or something). If they wanted to make her playable in NSMBWii, they would have had to make sacrifices. The PSP's graphics capability is closer to PS2 (which belongs in the sixth gen and the Wii has beefed up GameCube hardware so it is a fairly good example of the challenge they were going through). That's more effort than what NSMB2 and NSMBU had.

Koops

• Big dumbass furry who is actually a realist and knows that whatever crush he gets it's never gonna be the one.
  • Shine Sprite
  • Yo
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2017, 01:32:29 PM »
If there is a Sunshine remake, they better add Wario and Luigi as playable characters.

I wonder what would happen to Yoshi if Wario were to sit on him.