Cannot delete files despite being admin (resolved (thanks fw))

TPG (2)

from deltarune
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/Him/His
I'm trying to delete a few program files on my laptop, but when I try I am told that I need admin permissions to delete it. The problem is that I am the admin, I should have full access, etc. Is there anything I can do to delete these files?

Re: Cannot delete files despite being admin

i need more information

how exactly are you trying to delete them

provide screenshots of the process if possible in any way

im answering help desk questions exactly how i would answer similar problems at work smh

sorry for potato quality

X5t9K01.gif

okay

youre not administrator

how many accounts are there on your pc except for you

just me

certain

MX4rpeR.png

also open a command prompt and run whoami and post results

EDIT: whoami /all

Code:
C:\Users\*********>whoami/all

USER INFORMATION
----------------

User Name                 SID
========================= =============================================
laptop-969gkk6g\********* S-1-5-21-615506906-1273483523-2467649931-1001

GROUP INFORMATION
-----------------

Group Name                                                    Type             SID                                                                                              Attributes
============================================================= ================ ================================================================================================ ==================================================
Everyone                                                      Well-known group S-1-1-0                                                                                          Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
NT AUTHORITY\Local account and member of Administrators group Well-known group S-1-5-114                                                                                        Group used for deny only
BUILTIN\Administrators                                        Alias            S-1-5-32-544                                                                                     Group used for deny only
BUILTIN\Users                                                 Alias            S-1-5-32-545                                                                                     Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
NT AUTHORITY\INTERACTIVE                                      Well-known group S-1-5-4                                                                                          Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
CONSOLE LOGON                                                 Well-known group S-1-2-1                                                                                          Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users                              Well-known group S-1-5-11                                                                                         Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
NT AUTHORITY\This Organization                                Well-known group S-1-5-15                                                                                         Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
NT AUTHORITY\Local account                                    Well-known group S-1-5-113                                                                                        Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
LOCAL                                                         Well-known group S-1-2-0                                                                                          Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
NT AUTHORITY\NTLM Authentication                              Well-known group S-1-5-64-10                                                                                      Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
                                                              Unknown SID type S-1-5-32-4028125388-2803578072-1053907958-341417128-2434011155-477421480-740873757-3973419746    Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
                                                              Unknown SID type S-1-5-32-2745667521-2937320506-1424439867-4164262144-2333007343-2599685697-2993844191-2003921822 Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
                                                              Unknown SID type S-1-5-32-1034403361-4122601751-838272506-684212390-1217345422-475792769-1698384238-1075311541    Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
Mandatory Label\Medium Mandatory Level                        Label            S-1-16-8192                              

PRIVILEGES INFORMATION
----------------------

Privilege Name                Description                          State
============================= ==================================== ========
SeShutdownPrivilege           Shut down the system                 Enabled
SeChangeNotifyPrivilege       Bypass traverse checking             Enabled
SeUndockPrivilege             Remove computer from docking station Disabled
SeIncreaseWorkingSetPrivilege Increase a process working set       Disabled
SeTimeZonePrivilege           Change the time zone                 Disabled

no this looks completely alright so it didnt miraculously kick you out of the admin group

try deleting files via command prompt

(cd into the folder of your choice (copy file path from explorer), then hit DEL /F filename.whatever)

WARNING: file will be gone, and since you hit /F it wont ask anything before doing it

afaik that should always work so it might be something is fucking with your explorer (you could try restarting that, hit up a task manager and scroll down until you see "windows explorer" and hit restart and try again over the gui)

also since youre trying to delete from the bin, ccleaner empties out your bin for you if you run it (great tool, highly recommended download)

Code:
C:\Program Files\Krita (x64)\bin>del krita.exe
C:\Program Files\Krita (x64)\bin\krita.exe
Access is denied.

i'll try restarting everything

The Pyro Guy said:
Code:
C:\Program Files\Krita (x64)\bin>del krita.exe
C:\Program Files\Krita (x64)\bin\krita.exe
Access is denied.

i'll try restarting everything

(⌐■_■)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(•_•)

run a virus scan this isnt right

scanned, no virus found

Kumiko Oumae said:
hit up a task manager and scroll down until you see "windows explorer" and hit restart and try again over the gui)

i did that and it worked, thanks so much

man all i wanted to do was update krita so i could do cooking guide

OiILFxx.png

(done with a reinstalled krita)

would still interest me what caused windows explorer to go rogue in the first place

and how that also affected cmd

whatever lol

Back