Get other characters in the Maingames

Jourdon

Goomba
Hey, I think Nintendo should consider giving roles to other Mario characters in Mainstream games such as Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario 3D World etc.
I want to get our favorite characters in by starting a petition. Nintendo has read petitions and considered them for before. It's worked for Pauline! A petition was started years ago and now she's in Super Mario Odyssey! And there was petition in 2009 to Nintendo to put Rosalina in more games and she got in many major games after afterwards. So let's try to convince them to try it again with other characters they rarely use, like Princess Daisy, Wario, Waluigi, Birdo and others
I need help with signatures from everyone if you guys agree with this!

Heres the link! Please help me by signing! The Mario series could be more fun if more characters can be used in the storylines

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-use-other-super-mario-characters-in-maingame-storylines

I'll just roll around in mud instead, it's just as productive as signing petitions.

Also, you're drawing connections that aren't there.

I saw a petition to make a hot dog emoji and now there is one, how do you explain that?
Sources: https://www.change.org/p/president-of-the-united-states-i-humbly-request-that-you-add-a-hotdog-symbol-to-the-emoji-set-and-furthermore-ketchup-shall-not-be-used-in-the-making-of-this-hot-dog-emoji
https://emojipedia.org/hot-dog/

Nintendo doesn't care about petitions, those only work for life-related issues and the like, things that actually affect people's everyday life or could be the line between life and death in some cases. Most people if they see a petition for fictional characters in electronic games, unless it's something like "remove an offensive stereotype" they'll be like "lol what a waste of a petition" and move on.

There ARE characters I wish would be used more, but I'm convinced petitions is not the way to do that. If Nintendo notices a natural recurring impact that leads them to make a change, they will. But going in their face and saying "DO THIS" is the equivalent of e-mailing them your fanfiction and asking them to make it real, even if it's more reasonable.

I used to do the same thing, but it's not really worth it.

Yeah, change.org isn't really an effective way of getting your message across. Now that I mention it, what IS the best way of getting your message across? I want :daisy: in every single new Mario game, but I don't really know how to go about doing it. It depresses me :(

I am doing petitions too.
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-please-make-super-mario-sunshine-and-super-mario-galaxy-1-and-2-hd-remaster-for-switch

I signed the OP's petition.

Is there a petition to end petitions?

While I'm open to the idea of the extended cast and supporting characters of the past being utilized more in the core series, I have to agree with everyone else in saying that petitions are useless.

Guys petitions were started for Pauline a long while ago and she's in Odyssey! A petition for Rosalina in more games was started in 2010 and look at her now she's in Smash, 3D World, and other major titles. It's 100% Gurateed but It's a least worth a shot. Nintendo gave Change.org their private contacts for a reason.

Jourdon said:
So let's try to convince them to try it again with other characters they rarely use, like ... Wario.

Um, why Wario? Doesn't he have his own series anyway? Was that my imagination of did it disappear overnight?

Anyway, I don't really think that it's fair to try and pressure Nintendo into doing it, otherwise the characters will either end up with insignificant cameo roles or will just hold up the storyline with pointless extra elements in the plot. Either that or the game won't be brilliant because they're overly focussing on trying to give an irrelevant character a central role in it. Even if the petition does work (I'm not saying it will or won't), it might not be the best way forward. It's probably best to leave Nintendo to their own devices and let them decide what goes into the games, just to help the characters get at least a semi-central role in a relevant storyline- kind of like Captain Toad in Super Mario 3D World.

Edit: I've just looked at the petition: Toadette too? Really? She was created to be a partner for Toad in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, and since she's appeared in later Mario Karts, Mario Parties, at least one of the RPGs, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (In which she was basically the second most important character), Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix, Super Mario Run and goodness knows what else. I think she's doing alright for herself really, I don't think Nintendo plan to stop putting her in games anytime soon.

Jourdon said:
Guys petitions were started for Pauline a long while ago and she's in Odyssey! A petition for Rosalina in more games was started in 2010 and look at her now she's in Smash, 3D World, and other major titles. It's 100% Gurateed but It's a least worth a shot. Nintendo gave Change.org their private contacts for a reason.

I've complained on message boards about how Baby Luigi doesn't appear in Tennis and Golf and now, Nintendo probably read them cuz he's playable in Sports Superstars.

That means I should continue complaining about the lack of Baby Luigi.

BBQ Turtle said:
Jourdon said:
So let's try to convince them to try it again with other characters they rarely use, like ... Wario.

Um, why Wario? Doesn't he have his own series anyway? Was that my imagination of did it disappear overnight?

Anyway, I don't really think that it's fair to try and pressure Nintendo into doing it, otherwise the characters will either end up with insignificant cameo roles or will just hold up the storyline with pointless extra elements in the plot. Either that or the game won't be brilliant because they're overly focussing on trying to give an irrelevant character a central role in it. Even if the petition does work (I'm not saying it will or won't), it might not be the best way forward. It's probably best to leave Nintendo to their own devices and let them decide what goes into the games, just to help the characters get at least a semi-central role in a relevant storyline- kind of like Captain Toad in Super Mario 3D World.

Edit: I've just looked at the petition: Toadette too? Really? She was created to be a partner for Toad in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, and since she's appeared in later Mario Karts, Mario Parties, at least one of the RPGs, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (In which she was basically the second most important character), Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix, Super Mario Run and goodness knows what else. I think she's doing alright for herself really, I don't think Nintendo plan to stop putting her in games anytime soon.

Wario's series is...pretty dead as of 2017

I'd like a new wario land game

make it wario land 5

or 6 if you have to count shake it (which i never got to play btw so idk if that was any good)

Back