Yoshi's Crafted World

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
play as yoshi and enjoy a chance to kill even more adorable enemies :yoshi:

Re: Yoshi Switch game

It uses Unreal Engine so it looks great.

Announced at the end of treehouse today that there's going to be more Yoshi info on tomorrow's stream.

J-Ethan - Today at 5:30 PM
I really want this new yoshi game
I bet it's going to look really good considering they used unreal engine

(this is from a server you guys aren't in)

oh, it uses unreal engine? is that a first for nintendo?

From what I've heard, the main mechanic here appears to be flipping the levels a la Super Paper Mario, but this time instead of going 2D to 3D the level flips all the way around.

pretty fucking excited i love yoshi and this new game reminds me of yoshi story for some reason so im pretty pumped.

Game is on Nintendo's stream now and it looks absolutely adorable.

damn

this is a modern bug!.

Yoshis are expendable, they aren't the stars of games ok?!

Is it just me or is this game's art style a little jarring? Having a fuzzy and colourful Yoshi with somewhat realistic and dull objects made of different material such as tin cans and bottle caps just doesn't sit well with me.

The gameplay looks alright though, nothing too special but it looks fun enough.

Moo Moo meadows is from MKWii though not 8. The reference is cool though. Now I don't know if I'm too interested in the game, but I might as well get it for the heck of it.

Plumber Peach said:
Moo Moo meadows is from MKWii though not 8. The reference is cool though. Now I don't know if I'm too interested in the game, but I might as well get it for the heck of it.
Yea but they references to the ads/sponsors on the tracks in MK8

game is looking pretty interesting thus far and the style is pretty decent to say the least, but i do hope the music is better though as its kinda boring right now in comparison with like island and story, but plenty of time for that though.

The music reminded me of New Island's music. I do think this game looks really good but I feel like they are making it very childish.

At first glance, it feels like the environment is reminiscent to Yoshi's Story, mainly because that game has walkable branching paths, while in this game, you can walk upwards or downwards. Somehow the cardboard items made the items didn't look as good as when everything is made of wool, but I guess I am more used to everything having a similar texture in other 3D games.

It is indeed promising that this game will be released on 2018, so it's not far off compared to Yoshi's Woolly World's reveal in 2013 and release in 2015.

In the case they are looking to reveal some online features for this game, I can see this game introducing racing modes where you race each other, and perhaps online co-op. Given the paid service, I hope that the online mode would have enough features. I doubt there will be online mode, but I am open to that possibility!

Thanks for reading.

Nabber said:
oh, it uses unreal engine? is that a first for nintendo?

Yes (until now, games made in Unreal on Nintendo consoles were released by other developers/studios and needed workarounds (on Wii U)).

thatstuff said:
honestly I was expecting a Yoshi's Island Switch
I would count Yoshi's Woolly World and this as Yoshi's Island games, since they have identical gameplay to those games.

https://gematsu.com/2018/09/yoshis-crafted-world-appears-as-title-of-yoshi-for-switch-on-nintendo-website

A leak from Nintendo seems to show that the Yoshi Switch game is set to be titled Yoshi's Crafted World. This may mean that it's intended to be a follow-up to Yoshi's Woolly World. It may also mean that we'll find out more about the game in the upcoming Nintendo Direct.

There are also a lot of other, implausible leaks on the article, but it seems that Nintendo has accidentally revealed the title of the game!

Wow it's been like...

1 year and 3 months since it was announed and we never heard of it ever since.

Finally we got SOMETHING.

If that is true.

Lucario said:
Wow it's been like...

1 year and 3 months since it was announed and we never heard of it ever since.

Finally we got SOMETHING.

If that is true.
Two possibilities, considering that this was on Nintendo's website.

1. It's true, and we're finally getting new info.
2. Nintendo's trying to fake us out, and this name is not the real name.

I can't think of any other possibilities, and number 2 isn't likely. Chances are, this leak is true!

Back