Inevitable New Super Mario Bros title for Switch.

Koops

Agony
Pronouns
He/They
MarioWiki
ManKoops
So, we all know at this point how big of a thing the New Super Mario Bros series is to the franchise, as they are the mainest of games you can find recently.

While I am not looking forward for a newer NSMB game because of the games' resemblances together unless they twist it, we all know it's coming one day or another. So what do you think the game will be like?

I think it will be four-player co-op with Mario, Luigi, Blue Toad, and Yellow Toad, and the Koopalings will be bosses.

there will also be, at minimum, a grass world, a desert world, a snow world, an aquatic world, and a bowser/volcano world.

can't forget mountain world, jungle world, and sky world

and bahs

gotta have the bahs

Bowser will kidnap peach and the final level will have him chase you in some giant form

There will be a new animal suit that grants some Totally Original power, my vote goes toward the Mountain Goat Suit

There will be a P-version of this item that you get if you suck enough times at a level

instead of New Super Luigi dlc it will be the GOAT material New Super Yellow Toad dlc

It will actually do something new and be worth a shit.
I can dream can't I?

Magikrazy said:
I think it will be four-player co-op with Mario, Luigi, Blue Toad, and Yellow Toad, and the Koopalings will be bosses.
Tonga Time said:
there will also be, at minimum, a grass world, a desert world, a snow world, an aquatic world, and a bowser/volcano world.
Princess Zelda said:
And a special world with a rainbow theme
Rocket Raccoon said:
can't forget mountain world, jungle world, and sky world

and bahs

gotta have the bahs
Rohan Kishibe said:
Bowser will kidnap peach and the final level will have him chase you in some giant form

There will be a new animal suit that grants some Totally Original power, my vote goes toward the Mountain Goat Suit

There will be a P-version of this item that you get if you suck enough times at a level

instead of New Super Luigi dlc it will be the GOAT material New Super Yellow Toad dlc

The fact that we can make these jokes so easily is exactly why we don't need another NSMB game unless they radically change the formula.

They don't even need to radically change the formula, just put in levels that feel fresh with interesting ideas. I'm not asking they do a completely different style of game, just do what kirby does!

That is what I meant. At the time NSMB came out, it was great. The series though became repetitive and that made it lose its charm, though it is clear Nintendo are doing something, such as the boost mode in Wii U as well as the challenge mode, which I find kinda interesting. So put in some new gimmick I guess.

How about they combine NSMB and Mario Maker? Have the level maker but also have Nintendo-made levels that look more like real levels rather than Mario Maker levels.

Hey at least this New Super Mario Bros. title might be modded with an even superior version like Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii and Newer Super Mario Bros. U.

(also if there's a New Super Mario Bros. for Switch, the graphics will still make use of 2D tilesets hideously mixed in with 3D models of characters.)

You know, I think introducing some 3D moves to the 2D world might be something cool. That is one of the things SMR got right.

They don't care, all they see is cha-ching and NSMB has more cha-chings than the 3D Mario platformers.

Unless NSMB gets the Odyssey treatment, where it overhauls the 2D Mario game. That's something I'd like to see. But then again, I also like to see Baby Luigi playable in a Rabbids game so I have false hopes everywhere.

Landia said:
I know and it's like the most insulting thing ever.

Rip great 2D Mario games forever.
It's insulting to cater to an audience
like how dare they make a game that sells really well everytime
god damn them how dare the prioritize sales over the mariowiki's opinions
I mean the nerve to think of making a fun platformer that sells more units then anything else
I can't believe they would even think of doing that

If they didn't use the same level assets from game to game and created a new and unique visual style for each game they would be much better.

Back