Six Degrees of Mario

Cell

Perfect
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
Have you ever heard of the game of Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon? My dad told me that Kevin Bacon is in so many movies, that pretty much every actor in Hollywood that been in movies since his career started can be related back to him somehow ... at least that is what my dad told me.
As you know, there has been many crossovers and cameos in the Mario games, here is a messy and barely comprehensible map to get the idea.
sWpCnIV.png

So, how far does this rabbit hole go? Can Mario truly be related back to everything? Probably not, but sure a lot of things
For example in Story Of Seasons, there are Mario outfits, in the Japanese version of the game, Hamtaro appears, Hamtaro of all things, has collabs with Godzilla, Godzilla of course had his famous fight with King Kong, King Kong inspired Donkey Kong and flat out appears in Mario Is Missing, going full circle, see what I'm getting here? Let's take this as far as it can go

I just want to point out that what your dad told you is true, you can check it yourself here: http://oracleofbacon.org/

The only six degrees I care about is six degrees of FREEDOM

Swiftie_Luma said:
Rosalina is the clickbait of youtube videos and now of threads in the Mario wiki

Of course, whenever there is something remotely vague people like to make shitty game theory videos about it.

Mario -> Yoshi's Safari -> Left 4 Dead 2

linking Mario to Kevin Bacon Mario appears in Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong appears in the horrible (popular opinions to fit in) movie known as Pixels. Adam Sandler apeared in a movie called Let's Go With It alongside Jennifer Aniston and that person appeared with Kevin Bacon in Picture Perfect....... THAT'S ONLY 4 DEGREES!!!! Dang It!!!!

Actually, Mario's Bacon Number is only 3.

Mario appeared in Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! with Mike Tyson.
Mike Tyson appeared in When Will I Be Loved with Lori Singer.
Lori Singer appeared in Footloose with Kevin Bacon.

Pink Cat said:
"Thanks to Inklings, [...] Transformers exist in the Mario universe"

Sgt. Slaughter appeared in the Super Mario Super Show.

Sgt. Slaughter was also in the first season of the DIC-produced GI Joe Cartoon

DIC's Gi Joe cartoon was a continuation of the original GI Joe ARAH cartoon.

The third season of Transformers clearly established it and GI Joe exist in the same universe

Smash Bros. alone creates a giant olive branch, especially considering the non-Nintendo characters like Snake, Sonic, and Mega Man. Heck, Mario can reach Pyramid Head in just two steps (Mario --> Solid Snake --> Pyramid Head (through New International Track & Field), and now I kinda want to see a psychological Mario game.

Back