discourse time what are your favourite and least favourite mario ships

dimtasia

frick
i hope this is okay to post just please dont get into any arguments about this

i dont actually ship much which is unusual for someone like me but. what i do ship is

prince peasley × luigi

dimentio × nastasia

the first is obviously canon and the second is for coping reasons

and here's some i hate with a burning passion

dimentio × mimi , mimi is a child and as dimentio this scares me tbh

dimentio × mr L , this is for personal reasons and the main reason why i tend to stay away from the super paper mario fandom, i literally cannot stand this ship and if u like it dont bring it up ever please

donkey kong x ashley tbh
idk, i guess mario x peach
i know it's boring but any other mario pairing just sends shivers up my spine unless it's hilariously awful (bluster kong x foreman spike, anyone?)
dimtasia said:
dimentio × mr L, i literally cannot stand this ship and if u like it dont bring it up ever please
i wouldnt worry about that, super paper mario isnt well liked here at all and the few that do like the game dont ship that as far as im aware

dimtasia said:
prince peasley × luigi

thumbup.gif

dimtasia said:
dimentio × mimi , mimi is a child and as dimentio this scares me tbh

I'm not particularly invested in what either of these two are doing with their lives, but as far as I know Mimi is some sort of eldritch spider demon, seemingly mechanical, and possibly very, very old.

Mario x Peach is an incredibly bland, boring relationship.

mario x peach is the only true canon ship

Other canon ships:

dk x bananas

waluigi x his tennis racket

e gadd has a harem of ghosts

LeftyGreenMario said:
Wario x Himself.

Reminds me of times where we had: Affiliation=Himself

There exist, according to a theory, Peach x Luigi.

I laugh for absolutely no reason whenever I see that Yoshi smiley.

Prepare yourself. I have an extensive list here, plus reasons why.

My OTPs are the pairings that I not only ship, but I get excited about whenever I see heartwarming interactions between the two characters.
  • Yoshi x Birdo
    THE Yoshi x THE Birdo (the latter female Birdo who is playable in Mario spin-offs, and not the one from SMB2). Yoshi is my favorite Mario character, after all. And Birdo has similar showy antics to Daisy, my second-favorite Mario character. Speaking of...
  • Luigi x Daisy
    Some may say this ship is overrated. While that may be the case (overrate – verb (used with object) – to rate or appraise too highly; overestimate), that does NOT in any way mean that people are not allowed to ship them, nor are we wrong for doing so. Besides, Nintendo themselves seems to be fully behind the pairing (see Wii Daisy Circuit).
  • Koops x Koopie Koo
    Ever since I started writing the two in I Promised (my Mario fic), I go all squee whenever I see these two have a sweet interaction. I melt every time I watch the scene when the Diamond Star appears in Petalburg near the end of TTYD. "Koops... You're OK, right? You promised me you'd come back OK..." And just imagining Koops's heart jumping when he heard her worried voice.
    Okay, I need to stop before I devolve into completely unintelligible fanboy goo.
  • Bowser x Clawdia(or whatever you think her name is)
    I like to imagine that they had a very happy marriage. I mean, can't you tell? They had eight kids, for crying out loud. Clearly they had something going on for them. But, unfortunately, at least in my headcanon, Clawdia passed soon after Bowser Junior was born, and so the latter never even got to know her :'(. I like to think this is partially why Bowser has fallen for Peach. Perhaps Clawdia had similar character traits, and so Bowser sees potential in the princess to be a new mother for his children...
    But that's a whole new can of giant gummy worms that are alive and flesh-eating, that I don't want to open right now.

The following are pairings I do ship, but I don't get too excited about. So they're not straight-up OTPs.
  • Donkey Kong x Candy Kong
    I think there's something to it. I'm pretty sure DK at least has a huge crush on Candy. Whether Candy returns his feelings remains to be seen, but I like to think she does, although not as intensely.
  • Diddy Kong x Dixie Kong
    'Tis obvious.
  • Blumiere x Lady Timpani
    Dude, this pairing is the reason behind the plot of Super Paper Mario (which I actually like). Of course I'm going to get behind it.
  • Grambi x Queen Jaydes
    They love each other and their daughter Luvbi. What's not to like?
  • Toadsworth x Zess T.
    Did you read the RDM Email Issues?
    It's come to light that after settling into life at our inn, Toadsworth (age 60) has been often been spotted in the company of Zess T. (age 55). The notoriously finicky Zess T. surprised all when she was heard saying "What's wrong with spending time with my little Toadle-toes?" The possibilities such a comment opens has our eyes and ears glued to the situation!
  • Frankie x Francesca
    They ran off to get married, but Don Pianta gave them their blessing, anyway. So we should give our blessing, too!
  • Snow Bunny x Berry Snow Bunny
    lol

Lastly, some characters and pairings that are (or might be) popular to ship, that I don't ship.
  • Rosalina
    I prefer not to ship her with anybody. Being ageless, she'd outlive any significant other you might want her to be with.
  • Dimentio
    Dimentio in a romantic relationship? Please. That completely derails his character.
    Ugh... this is pretty much the only one on this list that I actually actively dislike. Everything else I'm apathetic towards so long as no one derails characters for those ships or tries to force me to ship them.
  • Toad×Toadette
    In my headcanon, THE Toad and Toadette are siblings.
  • Boom Boom×Pom Pom
    I see these two as platonic life partners. They do have undying love for each other, but they are neither romantic partners nor lovers. Closer than siblings, too.
  • Kamek×Kammy Koopa
    I don't view these two as siblings, romantic partners, lovers, or even platonic life partners. They are simply co-surrogates for Bowser as he grew up, and later for the Koopalings and Bowser Jr. after their mother died (in my headcanon, anyway). They don't really interact outside of in interest towards their majesties.
  • Mario×Peach
    Put down those pitchforks. This is entirely subjective. Recently I read a fic where these two realized that the romance they thought was there was just puppy love brought on by going through the motions of the whole rescue song and dance. They are still very much friends who care very much about each other, but just friends nonetheless.
  • Mario×Pauline
    Just in case you thought this is something I had in mind with Mario×Peach out of the picture, it's not. I see Pauline as an ex of Mario's but they split on good terms. Peach and Pauline are also friendly to each other, occasionally talking about (and possibly teasing!) Mario together.
  • Peach×Bowser
    AND in case you thought Bowser would score with Peach no longer interested in Mario as a significant other, think again. While Bowser's crush on Toadstool still burns passionately, the princess just isn't interested in him. She thinks he can be sweet, at times, but ultimately that's as far as her feelings for him go.
Well, that's that.
Questions? Comments? Snide remarks? I'd love to hear your thoughts

Come'ere Koopie! Your ships make sense, but there is a theory where Rosalina's identity is exposed and reveals who are the parents. I won't spoil it here for you, here's the link. Go look and tell me.

And here's part two.

Magikrazy said:
i wouldnt worry about that, super paper mario isnt well liked here at all and the few that do like the game dont ship that as far as im aware

im sad that people don't like it tbh . i came here with spm in mind since so many people seem to like it but.

dimtasia said:
im sad that people don't like it tbh . i came here with spm in mind since so many people seem to like it but.

Don't worry. The user named fawfulthegreat64 (who currently goes by the name King Candy) is one of the biggest SPM fans you can find here.

I love SPM. I was under the impression that it was pretty evenly balanced between like it/hate it/neutral. (also lol, A51 Trooper with the ninja, I'm so predictable~)

Obvious canon ship, Blumiere/Count Bleck X Timpani/Tippi. Their story is beautiful and one of my favorite things about the game.

It has hardly any basis at all but I ship Peach (at least Paper Peach) X Mimi. I like the idea of them putting their differences aside after Peach saves Mimi in Castle Bleck. (Mimi is immature but I don't see her as actually being underage, I also headcanon her as bisexual)

A lot of people like the idea of Dimentio X Mimi, and while I could see an attraction possibly on Mimi's side (her teasing him might not be hostile) Dimentio clearly only cares about himself and I don't think he's even capable of loving anyone other than himself. And after he backstabbed Count Bleck, Mimi wouldn't want anything to do with him either.

O'Chunks X Nastasia is heavily implied and I support that one too. O'Chunks showed signs of affection towards Nastasia and while she was strict towards him at first, it was only to maintain order as Count Bleck's second in command. I imagine they grew closer after the game ended.

OK, moving on from SPM. Waluigi X Daisy gets my approval just to piss off the people who want Daisy to be the main character and hate Waluigi. I'm not sure who I'd put Mario with, I like to think of him as more of a noble hero who would prefer to go solo unless he's with his bro Luigi (and pals like the PM partners).

I've had the idea for Rosalina X Geno due to them sharing a heavy star theme, but I don't think either of them are really into romantic relationships. Kamek X Kammy could be cute, if they ever put them in the same game (or even use Kammy again at all).

(Dimentio X Mr. L doesn't even make sense as Mr. L is just Luigi under mind control, he's unlikely to come back and if he did, he probably would just get the design but not remember Dimentio at all)

King Candy said:
Dimentio clearly only cares about himself and I don't think he's even capable of loving anyone other than himself.
This is exactly my reasoning for not shipping Dimentio with anyone.

dimtasia said:
im sorry, i didnt mean to make you sad or anything, as much as a good number of people here dislike the game, we're still cool with discussing the game

I warn you now, don't ask my opinions about SPM, ever. Especially if you like the game.

Now then the best Mario ship is of course:
Wario X money

I like the thought of Mario x Peach, but only if they're in a very fun relationship. I wouldn't want the two of them being incredibly uptight and reserved. I imagine them sneaking out and having fun, going on their own adventures, and being completely open and hanging out with both of their friends. I want them to be giggly and playful with each other, without the silence and awkwardness that sometimes comes with a relationship. Basically, I imagine them as the closest friends they could possibly have, and it just so happens that they're also in a romantic relationship.

Plumber Peach said:
There exist, according to a theory, Peach x Luigi.
NO
Plumber Peach said:
Come'ere Koopie! Your ships make sense, but there is a theory where Rosalina's identity is exposed and reveals who are the parents. I won't spoil it here for you, here's the link. Go look and tell me.
STOP

As far as my ships, I'm not really a shippy type. I used to ship Yoshi x Birdo when they were my favorite characters, but not so much anymore. One joke ship my brother made up is that Rosalina secretly loves Waluigi, but won't admit it. The reasoning behind that is that if Peach is Mario's girlfriend, and Daisy is Luigi's girlfriend, and Mona is Wario's girlfriend (which is not accurate but he didn't know that at the time), then Rosalina would be Waluigi's girlfriend. The problem with that is that Rosalina wouldn't admit love for Waluigi. Of course, I don't seriously believe that. :lol:

Back