School stuff

Koops

Agony
Pronouns
He/They
MarioWiki
ManKoops
So, I'm not sure if someone before has already started a thread like this, but hey. So, basically, this thread is for stuff that's happening in your school or anything school-related. If you want to talk about the university, then that's welcome too!

I have many tests right now, and that's because in three weeks, I pass Grade 8, and it's summer vacation then.

I get done with school on Friday. I'm not going to miss 10th grade very much, I tell you.

just 2 weeks until exams, i keep telling myself as i cry about last-minute assignments

I made the decision to go back to college last fall (I graduated once from there 4 years ago). I need a different teaching license to get the teaching job I want.

But I have a dumb speech class next week. I've never taken a summer class, so I'm anxious to see how this goes!

Been holding two Bachelor degrees for two years

Been debating going back to do something with machine learning and/or linguistics but eh, working and having money is nice.

Ooh school... this is my first year of high school and it's so stressful. I've got exams in a few weeks and I'm already beginning to study like crazy. I can't wait for summer.

I finished school in 2015, I don't remember a whole lot about it at this point. I just sort of coasted along. I haven't kept in contact with anyone from there really. If I see them at work I'll talk with them for 10-15 minutes but that's about the extent of it and I rarely see people I recognise from school there anyway since it was in the town over. No interest in further education, content with things as they are and have no particular goal to aim for.

There's only about a week left of school, and yet teachers decide now is a good time to pile up everything.

Yay.

How lucky are you. The grades officially stop on 20th, I still have a whole week of tests, but studies will pay off and eventually, in two weeks, I'm off for summer vacation.

Okay, I didn't start this thread in the best time ever it seems.

In the meantime, I finally graduated Grade 8 and made massive progress in things I wasn't good at. Grade 9, Here I come!

Just got 3A 2C 1D on my Mid-Year Test. The D I got is my Math paper 2 (yeah, I sucked at Math). I hope I will get a better test grade for End-Year Test.

NintendoQueen said:
I made the decision to go back to college last fall (I graduated once from there 4 years ago). I need a different teaching license to get the teaching job I want.

But I have a dumb speech class next week. I've never taken a summer class, so I'm anxious to see how this goes!

Nice. What do you want to teach?

It's Thursday 7th of September, 2017, 8;47 PM. I was supposed to start high school tomorrow, but for what I guess is a mourning for the martyrs or so I think, it was delayed to this Monday, so my summer vacation extended by three days.

Though that doesn't mean that will last.

In just a few moments, I'll find myself saying goodbye to the good days I had this summer, goodbye freedom, as I say hello to school, tests and most importantly, enter high school. Seeing the program I have this year, I'm not looking forward to this, but it's for the best, and also unavoidable, so what can I do?

Also bump for back 2 school. Some of might've already started the year, but still.

I went back yesterday, but I handed in my A1 painting I completed over the summer today of various Mario stuff, and my art teacher thinks it's great, so that's all good!

Bumping because at this period of time people actually might have something to talk about.

Does it count as necrobump? It’s not too far behind right?

Anyway, as you may know, a lot of countries have a type of exam at the end of ninth grade, called the Brevet. And what sucks with me is I am following two courses at the same time: The regular Lebanese one, which consists of most of my time at school, and the French one, the one French people follow... I’m at a French school in Lebanon, things are gotta be like that.

Anyway, here’s how the day went:

9:00 AM: Lebanon History
10:00 AM: Physics
11:00 AM: Civic Education
12:00 PM: Chemicals
1:00 PM: Lunch Break
2:00 PM: Biology
3:00 PM: Math
4:00 PM: More History because I couldn’t find my Geography book and History was kinda the hardest thing for me.
5:00 PM: Arabic

And that ends it... got a number of days like this and it’s finally over... until I get to the next big exam which is the Baccalaureate.

French isn’t there because it’s relatively easy, and English isn’t there either because it’s not in any of the two programs.

This is gonna be a hard month...

Dunno, there's a lot of striking, so there wasn't school for over a week now.

So...

It's that time of the year again...

Yay

For all of y'all who wanna talk about school here, I made sure to bump it just in case so you have a place to communicate these kinds of things.

Aand... Grade 9 wasn't my year. I should work my ass off this time around, even though I heard Grade 10 was relatively easy, especially compared to the year before.

Good luck to you, fellow students and pupils alike!

I'm a freshman (in high school).

Come home on second day of school. Mom asks me if I talked to a girl that she thought was pretty.
I'M FOURTEEN MOM THERE'S PLENTY OF TIME

Right now, Koops and my little brother are in school. I start school after the Weekend. Because now it's Friday.

Hooray...

This is the first year I've gone to school since 2012. (I'm not counting the time I tried to go to college before I even knew how to live on my own, that was doomed from the start). Since that first experience with college was so overwhelming, I started smaller in a sort of tech center in my area. All my classmates are in high school so it's a bit awkward, but I plan to build up to college from here and hopefully set myself up for a productive future & career. This is also the first time I've gone to school in the state of New York since fifth grade, which was back in 2005.

But, it's going decently well so far. The teachers are nice, and there are two of them because I'm taking the first "year" of the class in the morning and the second year in the afternoon (The high school students are only there for half a day). I have past experience with a good amount of the material so I'm confident I'll do well. Since I'm a special case as the only adult student in the classes, they are still figuring out whether I'll stay on this schedule or do the two classes for each semester vs. each half of the day. Anyway, the first class is starting off with Illustrator, which will be a great learning experience as I use Inkscape at home. The second will be going into video editing and animation which I'm looking forward to :D

And of course, Marioboards, MarioWiki, probably anything with the keyword "mario" in it, and anything else under "games," or even "forums" categories are blocked so that means I'm being kept on track! Something lord knows I need. :luigi:

Hope you all do well in your studies. :)

Although not traditional schooling, I've enrolled in an Unreal Engine 4 MOOC. I've been struggling trying to follow Blueprint tutorials online so I'm hoping this goes better

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
This is the first year I've gone to school since 2012. (I'm not counting the time I tried to go to college before I even knew how to live on my own, that was doomed from the start). Since that first experience with college was so overwhelming, I started smaller in a sort of tech center in my area. All my classmates are in high school so it's a bit awkward, but I plan to build up to college from here and hopefully set myself up for a productive future & career. This is also the first time I've gone to school in the state of New York since fifth grade, which was back in 2005.

But, it's going decently well so far. The teachers are nice, and there are two of them because I'm taking the first "year" of the class in the morning and the second year in the afternoon (The high school students are only there for half a day). I have past experience with a good amount of the material so I'm confident I'll do well. Since I'm a special case as the only adult student in the classes, they are still figuring out whether I'll stay on this schedule or do the two classes for each semester vs. each half of the day. Anyway, the first class is starting off with Illustrator, which will be a great learning experience as I use Inkscape at home. The second will be going into video editing and animation which I'm looking forward to :D

And of course, Marioboards, MarioWiki, probably anything with the keyword "mario" in it, and anything else under "games," or even "forums" categories are blocked so that means I'm being kept on track! Something lord knows I need. :luigi:

I can't imagine how it must feel like to be the only adult pupil there, hope you do well!

Back