Author Topic: School stuff  (Read 2373 times)

Forde

• Chill cavalier who just likes paintings, sleeping and apparently speaks to himself a lot. That's definitely not Koops.
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • Look at Seth! He's soloing the game again!
    • View Profile
School stuff
« on: June 06, 2017, 11:55:16 AM »
So, I'm not sure if someone before has already started a thread like this, but hey. So, basically, this thread is for stuff that's happening in your school or anything school-related. If you want to talk about the university, then that's welcome too!

I have many tests right now, and that's because in three weeks, I pass Grade 8, and it's summer vacation then.

Bossboye

• Credit to @altermentality on Twitter for the avatar.
  • Star Spirit
  • Koopaboye
  • RIP Walkazo.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (watch for Mario Sunshine!)
Re: School stuff
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 11:58:02 AM »
I get done with school on Friday. I'm not going to miss 10th grade very much, I tell you.

Stargazing

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 12:55:48 PM »
just 2 weeks until exams, i keep telling myself as i cry about last-minute assignments

Dragalge

• Girly poisonous seadragon
  • Star Spirit
  • A51 Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 12:58:12 PM »
I will graduate on June the 16th.

GalacticPetey

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 01:05:04 PM »
Graduated High School last Friday and the University of North Carolina awaits in the Fall.

NintendoQueen

• Shine Sprite
  • NintendoQueen814
  • Gengar ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 05:18:22 PM »
I made the decision to go back to college last fall (I graduated once from there 4 years ago). I need a different teaching license to get the teaching job I want.

But I have a dumb speech class next week. I've never taken a summer class, so I'm anxious to see how this goes!

fantanoice

• Vee vee
  • Power Star
  • I can see through time
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 06:43:41 PM »
Been holding two Bachelor degrees for two years

Been debating going back to do something with machine learning and/or linguistics but eh, working and having money is nice.
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

<< Watch Pokemon Let's Go! Eevee Nuzlocke Stream >>
Ask Me Stuff

Marcia

• Star Spirit
  • Glitchy Bowser Jr.
  • "Stuff it, sponge brain!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 11:21:12 AM »
Ooh school... this is my first year of high school and it's so stressful. I've got exams in a few weeks and I'm already beginning to study like crazy. I can't wait for summer.

Sakura Matou

• The Imaginary Element
  • Celestial Guide
  • Crackin355
  • "Welcome home, Senpai." △
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 03:01:14 AM »
I finished school in 2015, I don't remember a whole lot about it at this point. I just sort of coasted along. I haven't kept in contact with anyone from there really. If I see them at work I'll talk with them for 10-15 minutes but that's about the extent of it and I rarely see people I recognise from school there anyway since it was in the town over. No interest in further education, content with things as they are and have no particular goal to aim for.

Host Kamek

• Killing Game Host
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Dry Bowser
  • Roserade
  • "Write your way into his heart..."
    • View Profile
    • Rose Garden Forums
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 10:53:36 AM »
There's only about a week left of school, and yet teachers decide now is a good time to pile up everything.

Yay.

Forde

• Chill cavalier who just likes paintings, sleeping and apparently speaks to himself a lot. That's definitely not Koops.
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 11:44:38 AM »
How lucky are you. The grades officially stop on 20th, I still have a whole week of tests, but studies will pay off and eventually, in two weeks, I'm off for summer vacation.

Forde

• Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 09:20:54 AM »
Okay, I didn't start this thread in the best time ever it seems.

In the meantime, I finally graduated Grade 8 and made massive progress in things I wasn't good at. Grade 9, Here I come!

RSupertheGreat

• Flight AND Fight!
  • Goomba
  • He's your buddy way up high, in the sky!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2017, 06:22:42 AM »
Just got 3A 2C 1D on my Mid-Year Test. The D I got is my Math paper 2 (yeah, I sucked at Math). I hope I will get a better test grade for End-Year Test.

Cirdec

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2017, 11:18:52 AM »
I made the decision to go back to college last fall (I graduated once from there 4 years ago). I need a different teaching license to get the teaching job I want.

But I have a dumb speech class next week. I've never taken a summer class, so I'm anxious to see how this goes!

Nice. What do you want to teach?

Forde

• Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2017, 01:52:01 PM »
It's Thursday 7th of September, 2017, 8;47 PM. I was supposed to start high school tomorrow, but for what I guess is a mourning for the martyrs or so I think, it was delayed to this Monday, so my summer vacation extended by three days.

Though that doesn't mean that will last.

In just a few moments, I'll find myself saying goodbye to the good days I had this summer, goodbye freedom, as I say hello to school, tests and most importantly, enter high school. Seeing the program I have this year, I'm not looking forward to this, but it's for the best, and also unavoidable, so what can I do?

Also bump for back 2 school. Some of might've already started the year, but still.

Mister Apple

• Mister Apple
  • King Bowser
  • Not Mr. Apple
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2017, 02:14:48 PM »
I started today. It's nice to be back, I suppose?
Officially proclaimed 'wildly unfunny'.

BBQ Turtle

• Princess L of the Shy Guys
  • Wiki Patroller
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Crazy sponsors lady.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2017, 02:28:26 PM »
I went back yesterday, but I handed in my A1 painting I completed over the summer today of various Mario stuff, and my art teacher thinks it's great, so that's all good!

Forde

• Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2018, 02:00:02 PM »
Bumping because at this period of time people actually might have something to talk about.

Does it count as necrobump? Itís not too far behind right?

Anyway, as you may know, a lot of countries have a type of exam at the end of ninth grade, called the Brevet. And what sucks with me is I am following two courses at the same time: The regular Lebanese one, which consists of most of my time at school, and the French one, the one French people follow... Iím at a French school in Lebanon, things are gotta be like that.

Anyway, hereís how the day went:

9:00 AM: Lebanon History
10:00 AM: Physics
11:00 AM: Civic Education
12:00 PM: Chemicals
1:00 PM: Lunch Break
2:00 PM: Biology
3:00 PM: Math
4:00 PM: More History because I couldnít find my Geography book and History was kinda the hardest thing for me.
5:00 PM: Arabic

And that ends it... got a number of days like this and itís finally over... until I get to the next big exam which is the Baccalaureate.

French isnít there because itís relatively easy, and English isnít there either because itís not in any of the two programs.

This is gonna be a hard month...

Toadgamer

• The Toad guy.
  • Dry Bowser
  • Well, bup, I guess...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2018, 01:27:06 AM »
Dunno, there's a lot of striking, so there wasn't school for over a week now.

Forde

• Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2018, 02:22:52 PM »

So...

It's that time of the year again...

Yay

For all of y'all who wanna talk about school here, I made sure to bump it just in case so you have a place to communicate these kinds of things.

Aand... Grade 9 wasn't my year. I should work my ass off this time around, even though I heard Grade 10 was relatively easy, especially compared to the year before.

Good luck to you, fellow students and pupils alike!