New Super Mario Powerup ideas

The Mario universe has had a surplus of powerups. Starting from a mushroom, a flower, and a star, now we have 3-up moons, a boomerang flower, super leaf that can make Mario fly, and even a mushroom that turns Mario into a giant.

But what if there were more powerups in the game? What powerups would you want to see? I personally have a few ideas:

Bob-omb Mushroom
  • Gives Mario the ability to throw Bob-ombs. Bob-ombs thrown cannot harm other players and explode either after 4 seconds or if fire collides with it
  • Gives Mario Black Sleeves, Black Cap, Black Pants, Black Shoes, and Red Overalls
  • Can be found in any level and Toad Houses

P-Propellor Mushroom
  • Much like the P-Wing and P-Corn, gives Mario an infinite ability to propel in the air until he hits an enemy
  • Gives Mario a regular propellor suit with a P on the helmet
  • Can only be found if you take out Nabbit
  • Will go away if you complete a level with it. Then it will just be a regular Propellor suit

Backward Mushroom
  • A mushroom you will want to avoid. If you touch it, it will invert all of your controls (left to go right, right to go left, run to jump, jump to shoot fireballs)
  • Doesn't affect Mario's form. Cannot be removed if you touch an enemy and will last to the end of the level
  • Will go away if you lose a life or complete a level

Shield Flower
  • If grabbed, will help Mario withstand a hit without losing a powerup, shrinking, or dying (also withstands negative powerups)
  • Outlines Mario with a white line
  • Will go away if you get hit, but you won't lose the form you currently have
  • Does not save Mario from running out of time, falling in a hole, or getting crushed
  • Will not transfer between levels and cannot be found in Toad Houses

Ice Star
  • Exactly like a Super Star, except that Mario can now walk on Lava and Water
  • Cannot be found in Toad Houses

Nabbit Suit
  • Will make Mario look like Nabbit. Controls for Nabbit will be exactly the same as found in Super Luigi Bros U (with exceptions)
  • Any Powerups grabbed will be added into the Item Storage Menu. If Menu is full or is a Negative Powerup, it counts as a 1-up
  • Extremely rare and can only be found in Toad Houses
  • Cannot be used in Castle levels. Can only activate Nabbit Suit before the start of a selected level (if you have one that is)

I'm excited to see any Powerup ideas you may have! :D Let your mind go wild! There's no such thing as a bad idea. ;)

Next time I'm on a good internet connection I'll show the picture I made of your Bob-Omb Mario idea, which, by the way, I really like.

Ninja Mario: Throw shurikens and hang on walls and ceilings.

Magikrazy said:
Car Mushroom

It turns Mario into a car. He goes "vroom" and runs over bad guys.

I completely support this idea. Also make a Plane Mario too.

Can we please make the GLA an official Mario character?

Baby Luigi said:
Magikrazy said:
Car Mushroom

It turns Mario into a car. He goes "vroom" and runs over bad guys.

I completely support this idea. Also make a Plane Mario too.

Omg those would be such cool powerups in Super Mario Odyssey! It does take place in New York (Donk in the game) City. :P

Plumber Peach said:
Ninja Mario: Throw shurikens and hang on walls and ceilings.

Ninja Mario: It's a me, Mario.

Bowser: Where are you? I can't see you.

Ninja Mario: *shurikens Bowser in Lava*

Bowser: NNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

George Costanza said:
Next time I'm on a good internet connection I'll show the picture I made of your Bob-Omb Mario idea, which, by the way, I really like.

Ooh... I'm excited to see it. :D

Pro-tip: you can quote more than one previous post at a time, as shown here:
Gametron13 said:
Gametron13 said:

I'd keep this in mind, as posting twice in a row or more in rapid succession is against the rules here.

Magikrazy said:
Pro-tip: you can quote more than one previous post at a time, as shown here:
Gametron13 said:
Gametron13 said:

I'd keep this in mind, as posting twice in a row or more in rapid succession is against the rules here.

Lol thanks for the tip I didn't know this. I would hate to be banned here. XD

Thunder Flower - Has similar properties to Luigi's ThunderHand, both Bros. can use it to summon lightning bolts to strike down enemies. However it isn't particularly wise to use underwater for... well... obvious reasons.

Kong Suit - Grants the Bros. abilities akin to Donkey Kong in the DKC games such as his roll and handslap, it also increases their climbing speed.

Smash Mushroom - Similar to how the Smash Copy Ability works in Kirby, it grants the Bros. some of their moves in Super Smash Bros. with some exceptions. It is extremely rare to find.

Blazing Mario said:
Thunder Flower - Has similar properties to Luigi's ThunderHand, both Bros. can use it to summon lightning bolts to strike down enemies. However it isn't particularly wise to use underwater for... well... obvious reasons.

In the mushroom kingdom where there is fire in space or underwater?

Plumber Peach said:
Blazing Mario said:

In the mushroom kingdom where there is fire in space or underwater?

Good point.

Back