Super Mario Bros. Deluxe

So your topic got locked because you necrobumped it because nobody was talking about the game.

Why would you create the same exact topic for the thread and expect people to talk about it this time?

SMB Deluxe had nice tight physics. Wish Nintendo would release remastered versions instead of the original SMB 1 ROM all of the time.

I guess we can talk about SMB Deluxe, but don't expect it to last long, and don't necrobump it if it dies.

About the game's physics, I actually prefer the original SMB's physics over this version.

Reize said:
So your topic got locked because you necrobumped it because nobody was talking about the game.

Why would you create the same exact topic for the thread and expect people to talk about it this time?
BEWARE THE FACE OF INSANITY!
BEWARE THE FACE OF CTHULHU AN AVERAGE GAMER!
memoryman3 said:
SMB Deluxe had nice tight physics. Wish Nintendo would release remastered versions instead of the original SMB 1 ROM all of the time.
This.
Tiff said:
Play the New Super Mario Bros. series if you want similar, but better physics.
:rolleyes:
Luigi 64DD said:
I guess we can talk about SMB Deluxe, but don't expect it to last long, and don't necrobump it if it dies.

About the game's physics, I actually prefer the original SMB's physics over this version.
I do expect it to last for the rest of this forum's history.

What's wrong with the physics?

SuperDoom said:

Well, if you mean until you break rules to get banned again....

SuperDoom said:
Sorry to burst your bubble but I'm pretty sure that not many people are going to want to continually talk about an 18-year old game Game Boy Color game that's just a port of a two even-older NES games, espically when there are many better, longer, and newer games to talk about.

SuperDoom said:
Luigi 64DD said:

What's wrong with the physics?
Are you being sarcastic? The only games that have their own current topic are recent, relevant games. Even Mario Sports Superstars, a game that came out pretty recently, has not had a post in its thread in two months as of this post. No one's gonna have enough to say about this game to keep this topic alive.

I forget why specifically, but I remember the physics not being as good as the NES version. Maybe I'm just more used to the NES version. One thing I definitely dislike about this version is the limited vision, not that they could have done much about that.

It was definitely fun at the time to bring Super Mario Bros. on the go, but nowadays, you can do the same thing with Virtual Console, or maybe the NES Classic Series. The screen being zoomed in ultimately killed it, for me. However, I'd like to see the You vs Boo return in some way. That was an interesting challenge.

Don't expect this thread to last long, as there really isn't much to say about this game other than "It's a portable Super Mario Bros./The Lost Levels", which isn't anything new at this point.

Yeah this thread is sorta boring and not interesting to talk about. It's basically an handheld Super Mario Bros. enhanced port. It is the precursor to the Super Mario Advance series.

Agree that there are better games to talk about, but he does have a strong point in that only modern games get huge threads.

These threads always look ahead, always pushing to see the next big thing, when it's only a matter of time before all our answers are just handed to us, and there are many things from the past that we've overlooked.

Speculation will be put to rest in a short matter of months, so why waste all our time with that when there's so much that we've missed?

Back in late 2015, a thread was posted about the very rare Donkey Kong 3: Dai Gyakushuu. (Keep in mind this was also over a year before I came in and put up the Wiki's page about it.) Unfortunately, it was pretty short-lived, and it's really a shame, given all its history.

I'm trying to find a copy because it remains undumped, and I've never heard of anyone outside of Japan (and only a very small few within) who have ever played it.

So why aren't we talking about that kind of thing more often? Why is no one helping to dump it, or buying Satellaview 8m packs to try to find the missing BS Super Mario Collection segments, or rare, undumped versions of Hudson's Mario games?

So I don't blame him for trying to start up some conversation about SMB DX.

hudson124 said:
So why aren't we talking about that kind of thing more often? Why is no one helping to dump it, or buying Satellaview 8m packs to try to find the missing BS Super Mario Collection segments, or rare, undumped versions of Hudson's Mario games?

It's mostly because most of us don't have access to this stuff in the first place?

hudson124 said:
But why aren't you helping if you want it so badly?

Landia said:
hudson124 said:
But why aren't you helping if you want it so badly?

I am - I should have at least one undumped version of a game, and very hopefully Dai Gyakushuu as well, as I'm sending people out to look for them at physical stores known to have Japanese computer games. I've placed bids on Satellaview 8m packs, but have always lost.

Baby Luigi said:
hudson124 said:

It's mostly because most of us don't have access to this stuff in the first place?

It's not easy, you really have to look, but with enough time anyone can find something or another. If you mean you're not sure what needs to be dumped or looked into further (though I've already searched near and far for information), I can provide a list of undumped games and versions (especially for Japanese computers, where there's definitely the most). There's even a couple of versions that may or may not exist.

I know how difficult it is to spend time devoted to dumping things. Anyone with time and devotion can uncover things that they set their mind too. However, if your mind is set to something else, chances are, you won't go through the appropriate steps to acquire new information because you just lack interest in the subject and in this case, I do.

I appreciate providing dump files but I'm not the one to ask when it comes to this. I'm far too busy with other stuff to help.

Back