Author Topic: Minecraft Games 2017  (Read 4634 times)

BEEEEEAAARRRS

• 658 pieces
  • Power Star
  • Toadbert101
  • how about a rousing game of pool
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft Games 2017
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2017, 04:42:56 AM »
I forgot to update but day 2 went pretty good all things considered

Murderer sapped my mental health a bit too much and we postponed it for a bit, while i tried to get it working

Ring Race was actually really cool, an excellent event put together by 22 and Snack, unforunately I missed it all and cannot meme about it so I'll have to catch Unijus footage sometime

Then we did Murderer for real and despite the half assed coding and 2 hours I put into the map, it was a blast, probably will be the best part of the video. Groden and Snack learned how to play murderer while being a bystander, Uniju hogged a corner while unable to yell out who it was, and Adam Sandler made a surprise appearance

Go Fish took like an hour for one game, and if you've seen last years video I'm sure you can tell why

KOTH featured three brand new, custom made maps by Uniju, featuring all new gameplay, watch as everyone irritates me with their color preferences, I battle 2257 constantly some more, go on a axe murder rampage and spawn camp like a piece of *bleep*

HUNGER GAMES TOMORROW BE THERE OR BE SAD

Rintarou Okabe

• his smile and optimism = gone
  • Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2017, 07:28:49 AM »
yeah im probably done with the games for now because i cant really put up motivation to continue my building, my sprite art is done and i guess my redstone is mostly done as well

seeing as im still sick and i have to be back in uni by tomorrow so i clearly catn stay up tonight as well sorry

was a blast though for the time i was there like usual, maybe next year this will be at a more convenient time for me when im not sick and not at uni

BEEEEEAAARRRS

• 658 pieces
  • Power Star
  • Toadbert101
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2017, 12:59:25 PM »
no problem, you making it here required basically an all nighter on your part and not wanting that is excusable

Kazooie

• Red-crested Breegull
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • "That's nice."
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2017, 01:46:35 PM »

Building contest entry is about 95% complete.

"To do just the opposite is also a form of imitation."
 --G. C. Lichtenberg

Chihaya Kisaragi

• King Bowser
  • Snack
  • Bluebird; Even If Happiness Is Close By...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2017, 01:53:51 PM »

waifu

BEEEEEAAARRRS

• 658 pieces
  • Power Star
  • Toadbert101
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2017, 03:09:08 PM »
oh *bleep* that's not turbs?????

turb get your ass in gear

BEEEEEAAARRRS

• 658 pieces
  • Power Star
  • Toadbert101
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2017, 01:47:19 AM »
It's done, feel sad everyone

Hunger games was a lot tamer this year, with a lot more tensions and alliances, albeit slower gameplay

Whenever I get this video out you can hear me talk to groden endlessly until I get killed

It wont be as good as last years hunger games, but I dont think anything ever will be

It really doesn't feel like another three days went by, but yeah. As I type this everyone's yelling at each other in Murderer and I want to get to bed. I must thank everyone who made it out today, there was quite a few new faces, and I think our player count was a little bit higher than last year. I've gotta say some things before we dim the lights on the stage once more however:

2257 made an absolutely amazing hub that looks like it belongs in something much more important than this, it's truly massive, features more of the mind-bending warp pipe mechanics everyone takes for granted and has a really solid theme to it. He also helped me, Uniju and Snack out with our blood pressure raising Command Block issues these past two weeks. He's basically our number three even though he hasn't been addressed as such anywhere.

Uniju once again pulled together one of the most memorable events of the year, Loot Hunt, in much less time, and I'm stoked I got to play it this time. He also made much better use of his free time this winter by coming up with THREE all new KOTH maps, as well as better weapon rebalances that I later pilfered.

Big props to Snack for carrying through the idea for an Elytra event, which I was very leery of even touching because of the work I knew that would go in. He spearheaded the Ring Race, which is something I've never actually seen in this game before, and proved to be very fun, though sadly I missed out on it while everyone was there.

Shoutout to Turb for procrastinating even worse than me and not having his sprite art done yet. Also the hotels good idk man it's a hole in the ground that smells like ass and it's full of disgusting animals what can I say about it

Once again thanks to Stdaro for hosting the server and allowing us to have everyone on. I don't think we came up with any server-destroying issues since last year, (22's chicken event maybe) (oh yeah his inventory got wiped out in the hub at one point and he got real upset about that) nevermind, thanks Stdaro for putting up with us again, we're trying to improve but it happens slowly sometimes.

As for me, I'm glad CTF's map was much better recieved. I felt pretty happy with it, but I'm excited to try a new one. Murderer became a very popular event, and sadly I wasn't able to put in enough time as I should've, but rest assured I'll polish it up very much for next year. (not that it'll matter because everythings been breaking on the server inexplicably)

I've got a *bleep*load of video footage to go through and I'm disappointed I couldn't get last year's day 3 out in time, but I'll try to get to them faster this year so it doesn't take as long to pour over the footage and pick out what's good.

We have plans on how to improve everything once again, more ideas for events we'll have not enough time to do, and we've had a lot of people stepping up to try and make their own KOTH maps and Event hubs for us. I've proposed we try to get a Christmas event going to use up some of these hub ideas, but we'll see. I might even get involved with Loot Hunt at some point if I'm not useless about it.

Anyway, Uniju's gonna come up with the scores tomorrow, and we'll wrap up Construction games then. Afterwards we'll film a small closing ceremony in the auditorium as we announce the winners. Be there and take one last look at the tunnels we hosted in, because the city of Princeton's closing them down for being unsafe and having trespassers running around them for days.

We'll just have to get somewhere else to host next year, I suppose...

Yayoi Takatsuki

• Star Spirit
  • Uniju
    • View Profile
    • uniju.com
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2017, 03:04:47 AM »
This signature officially occupied by the taste of ginger since August 14th, 2009.
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.

Kazooie

• Red-crested Breegull
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • "That's nice."
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2017, 10:37:39 AM »

The D&D crew meets Final Fantasy Tactics Advance in Minecraft.

--G. C. Lichtenberg

Rintarou Okabe

• Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2017, 12:40:41 PM »

left side is by me right side is by "god"

Kazooie

• Red-crested Breegull
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • "That's nice."
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2017, 12:42:39 PM »
You didn't actually build the right side?

--G. C. Lichtenberg

Rintarou Okabe

• Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2017, 01:21:44 PM »
You didn't actually build the right side?

no lol

Chihaya Kisaragi

• King Bowser
  • Snack
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2017, 01:46:58 PM »
The D&D crew meets Final Fantasy Tactics Advance in Minecraft.

Who is who here for people who aren't in the crew

Kazooie

• Red-crested Breegull
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • "That's nice."
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2017, 02:16:03 PM »
From the top and then clockwise: Judge Vruet, Black Mage Marisa (TFP), Archer Nathan (Javelin), White Mage Avery (Turb), White Monk Azazel (2257), Paladin Ichabod (Nabber), and Thief Yapyap (me).

--G. C. Lichtenberg

Chihaya Kisaragi

• King Bowser
  • Snack
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2017, 02:18:21 PM »
I like how Turb has the hot dog hat even in a medieval fantasy world

Kazooie

• Red-crested Breegull
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • "That's nice."
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2017, 02:47:03 PM »
He actually almost lost the hat in a game of cards the other day.

Also, I guess I'm gonna spoil details of my construction stuff to make judging less annoying, even though I think everything's already been found.

Spoiler: Woodland Mansion (click to show/hide)

--G. C. Lichtenberg

BEEEEEAAARRRS

• 658 pieces
  • Power Star
  • Toadbert101
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2017, 05:43:42 PM »
that actually helps a lot lol, I was trying to get the vault to work but didn't know what was going on

BEEEEEAAARRRS

• 658 pieces
  • Power Star
  • Toadbert101
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2017, 11:59:36 PM »
we're gonna film one last thing tomorrow, only join if you're able to act like it's still day 3 and won't know the results  :bowser:

Yayoi Takatsuki

• Star Spirit
  • Uniju
    • View Profile
    • uniju.com
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2017, 12:28:30 AM »
full results and tokens added to the op

good job everyone
This signature officially occupied by the taste of ginger since August 14th, 2009.
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.

Iori Minase

• Little-devil idol
  • Retired Wiki Staff
  • Power Star
  • Super-Yoshi
  • Iorin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2017, 12:30:24 AM »
can we punch tb for more tokens

hee heehee hee