Packy's Songs of the Month - ('Shroom Section)

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
OK, FINE, I'LL JOIN IN ON THE FUN TOO ;-;

I just started a new 'Shroom section for Issue 122 titled "Packy's Songs of the Month", where I basically supply my ten favorite songs of the month / the ten songs I've really been jamming out to for that month! I've done this in hopes to showcase some really awesome music that hopefully you guys may enjoy, because why not?! This is also a super good place to discuss those songs if you guys would like!

This is also definitely a great place to recommend any songs for me to listen to, or for any suggestions/constructive criticism you may have for my section and the way it is presented! :)

Issue 122 (The_%27Shroom:Issue_122/Palette_Swap#Packy.27s_Songs_of_the_Month)
• Red Vox - "In the Garden"
• Ben Folds Five - "Draw a Crowd"
• Foster the People - "S.H.C."
• Gorillaz - "Revolving Doors"
• Depeche Mode - "Enjoy the Silence"
• Led Zeppelin - "Carouselambra"
• Kraftwerk - "Pocket Calculator"
• Duran Duran - "The Chauffeur"
• Foxygen - "Mrs. Adams"
• Culture Club - "More Than Silence"
Issue 123 (The_%27Shroom:Issue_123/Palette_Swap#Packy.27s_Songs_of_the_Month) (featuring Banjonator1)
• Sloan - "Everything You've Done Wrong"
• Frank Black - "Hang On To Your Ego"
• Pond - "Waiting Around For Grace"
• Spiritualized - "Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space"
• Jarvis Cocker - "Black Magic"
• Fever the Ghost - "Calico"
• George Harrison - "Faster"
• Gorillaz featuring Grace Jones - "Charger"
• Rufus Wainwright - "April Fools"
• CHVRCHES - "Bow Down"
• Soundgarden - "Outshined"
• Soundgarden - "Black Hole Sun"
• Soundgarden - "Burden in My Hand"
• Temple of the Dog - "Four Walled World"
• Audioslave - "Like a Stone"
• Audioslave - "Doesn't Remind Me"
• Chris Cornell - "Pillow of Your Bones"
• Chris Cornell - "Killing Birds"
• Chris Cornell - "Before We Disappear"
• Chris Cornell - "The Promise"
• Chris Cornell - "Preaching the End of the World"
• Soundgarden - "Ty Cobb"
• Soundgarden - "Big Dumb Sex"
Issue 125 (The_%27Shroom:Issue_125/Palette_Swap#Packy.27s_Songs_of_the_Month)
• De La Soul featuring David Byrne - "Snoopies"
• MisterWives - "Reflections"
• The Go-Betweens - "Spring Rain"
• OK Go - "I Won't Let You Down"
• Caravan Palace - "Lone Digger"
• The Chemical Brothers - "Galvanize"
• Madaila - "Excelsior"
• Marina and the Diamonds - "Froot"
• CHVRCHES - "Tether"
• East India Youth - "HEARTS THAT NEVER"
• Red Vox - "Reno"
• MisterWives - "Machine"
• The Decemberists - "Cavalry Captain"
• Elbow - "One Day Like This"
• Foster the People - "Sit Next to Me"
• White Denim - "Holda You (I'm Psycho)"
• Paul McCartney - "I Can Bet"
• Foster the People - "Static Space Lover"
• Electric Light Orchestra - "I'm Alive"
• George Harrison - "Brainwashed"

I highly recommend a listen to "Feel It Still" by Portugal. The Man if you haven't heard it. It's a perfect song to jam out to.

I definitely recommend Satisfied by Richard Marx. That's my ROM hacking jam.

Reize said:
I highly recommend a listen to "Feel It Still" by Portugal. The Man if you haven't heard it. It's a perfect song to jam out to.

Just gave this a listen, and I gotta say, it's not bad actually! I'd definitely be curious in listening to more of Portugal. The Man if you have any other songs of his to suggest/that you like. "Hip Hop Kids" came on after "Feel It Still" on Sotify and I liked that one VERY much. Also, what even are those album covers o3o

George Costanza said:
I definitely recommend Satisfied by Richard Marx. That's my ROM hacking jam.

This was really good too! Incredibly smooth, sounds very much like something Kenny Loggins would do. I feel bad because Richard Marx is a name I see all the time but I just don't know very much by him, unfortunately; there are a couple of really well-known 80s artists that are like that, namely Marx and Howard Jones.

I'm actually not all that familiar with Portugal. The Man myself, but "People Say" is a pretty good song, and strange music video aside, "Purple Yellow Red & Blue" is good as well.

Hey everyone! A new month, a new Packy's Songs of the Month! Despite this month's issue being done in honor of Wario, I couldn't come up with something Wario-related to fit; instead, I collaborated with our best T H I C C C R E A M Y Banjo in a heartfelt tribute to Chris Cornell, frontman of Soundgarden, Audioslave, and Temple of the Dog, who we lost this past month. I am so extremely proud of how this month's section came out, and I would absolutely love for anyone to give this section a read and give our selected tunes a listen!

Here is this month's section! <3 (The_%27Shroom:Issue_123/Palette_Swap#Packy.27s_Songs_of_the_Month)

Back