freakworld

El Psy Kongroo
Banned User
where is this thread my boys

good things rn:

>pointdevice mode gone
>playable cirno
>>playable TANNED cirno
>>game is easier than 15 (proof: i was able to perfect the first 3 stages on easy first try, while i went game over in stage 4 in touhou 15 on easy)
>>>>>>life pieces are gone
>>>>>>>>for good
>>>>>>>>>>>>>get extra lives with points as opposed to point items (so were back to how it worked in touhou 6, essentially)

bad things:
>music is eh, alright but nothing great by zun standards
>characters seem kind of generic but i also havent read into the translation yet
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>no playable sanae

bad things: no youmu

you had sanae last game

i've been waiting since 13

also tbf are the early bosses ever THAT exciting? look at touhou 15, early was "two bunnies and dream"

then stage 5 was AMERICA, FUCK YEAH as a touhou

also hecatia

In my first 2 minutes of gameplay, I keep mistaking those cherry blossom petals as projectiles that I have to dodge so I am making a lot of unnecessary movements. I'm going to have to get used to it.

so thoughts i guess pretty much the game is NOT as easy as the demo made it look like

I'd say it's probably on the level of touhou 7 MAYBE 10 in terms of difficulty but it also feels harder than 10 so probably more like 7 (either way its much easier than 11-15 (this includes 13 which wasnt easy imo)).

the extra life system finally doesnt feel like a burden anymore. and releases are pretty much useless and not worth the trouble most of the time.

i need to play more and also other character and unlock the extra stage before i can say more. sadly, new touhous all seem to be pretty generic.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/745880/__Hidden_Star_in_Four_Seasons/

It's out on Steam now.

Back